U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 12:30 PM

20,357 posts, read 13,876,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Here is a response. Do you think that in ANY WAY adding tens and tens of millions of undereducated, low-skilled individuals to America has in any way helped America's efforts to help our least fortunate (i.e. black Americans)? The correct answer is NO. Yet you cant see through your visceral acceptance of this insanity, I would guess.

And it isn't just republicans who have been behind this masochistic destructive effort in America. TRUMP has at least had a voice that he will at least try to curb this inaanity.
And what I cannot grasp, is why so many of my fellow Americans on the left, don't give a rat's ass about having a say in who enters our country.

I understand where the uncaring attitude is coming from, for the elite Hollywood types, and the politicians living in an around Washington DC. These people are so removed from the dregs of normal American day to day life. They know that even when there are criminal illegal aliens inside our borders, they will never be allowed to gain entrance to the gated communities of the wealthy entertainment and political elites.

The illegal aliens will never depress the wages, salaries and monetary compensation of the elites. so wealthy politicians like Rep. Nancy Pelosi will never see their lives negatively impacted by their imbecilic immigration policies. Just like their health care was never affected by the Affordable Care Act.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:31 PM

3,848 posts, read 1,013,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Good luck trying to enforce that Bub. You're part of a tiny and backwards group of anti-Americans. Take a look at American history, the Statue of Liberty, and important documents from our Founding Fathers. This country was founded on immigration, has constantly benefitted from the richness of people and cultures, and has normally welcomed it.

Rejecting immigration is anti-American, and quite evil and racist too.

If you don't like immigration, then go to some backward country that feels the same way. Otherwise, start acting like an American.
There are no countries left - not of my ethnic persuasion (well, maybe Hungary) - that are close to my stance on the issues.
The West has been brutalized by globalists who have allowed our borders to runeth over. Actually, at least in America we can still bear arms granted somewhere we have to overthrow this sick and twisted government. We're basically the last country in the West that we can still own arms. I'll stay here and ride it out and appropriately raise my children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Ok,so how about those already here that emigrated past 1980? Will they be deported? I'm also curious to why you picked 1980, is that so your family are exempt from getting deported?

No, my dad's side are all from Scandinavia - been here since around 1900. Mom's side is all from Hungary and Germany and been here probably since around 1900 as well.

1980 was the year Reagan took office, and since his illegals and traitorous legalization of 4 million border violators occurred under his signature, 1980 seems like a fitting year.

I would say any of the illegals currently here - all of them - should immediately be deported. Then I would take the next steps to view others here...though there are all kinds of intricacies that need to be gone in to at that point..

Old 12-20-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Ok,so how about those already here that emigrated past 1980? Will they be deported? I'm also curious to why you picked 1980, is that so your family are exempt from getting deported?
I think he's making a generalization, to do with the Reagan immigration amnesty from the early 1980s.

Last edited by Wapasha; 12-20-2017 at 12:44 PM..

Old 12-20-2017, 12:34 PM

3,848 posts, read 1,013,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think he making a generalization, to do with the Reagan immigration amnesty from the early 1980s.
Yes sir. And because if we look at graphs pertaining to America's immigration and the absolute catastrophic pace we're on from about 1980 and thereafter the rise in population has been far too much.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Good luck trying to enforce that Bub. You're part of a tiny and backwards group of anti-Americans. Take a look at American history, the Statue of Liberty, and important documents from our Founding Fathers. This country was founded on immigration, has constantly benefitted from the richness of people and cultures, and has normally welcomed it.

Rejecting immigration is anti-American, and quite evil and racist too.

If you don't like immigration, then go to some backward country that feels the same way. Otherwise, start acting like an American.
If you look at the hundreds of years of US immigration policy implementation, we had years with robust immigration, followed by decades where most all immigration into the US was halted. This allowed the assimilation of these new immigrants into the American way of life.

Old 12-20-2017, 12:46 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,165,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
No, my dad's side are all from Scandinavia - been here since around 1900. Mom's side is all from Hungary and Germany and been here probably since around 1900 as well.

1980 was the year Reagan took office, and since his illegals and traitorous legalization of 4 million border violators occurred under his signature, 1980 seems like a fitting year.

I would say any of the illegals currently here - all of them - should immediately be deported. Then I would take the next steps to view others here...though there are all kinds of intricacies that need to be gone in to at that point..
Hm alright fair enough. So revoke the amnesty that was granted. How about the citizenship of their children? The US cannot strip citizenship involuntary, as ruled by SCOTUS. You'd need a constitutional amendment to retroactively revoke a US citizen's citizenship or somehow convince them to give it up. But that can only happen if they qualify to live in a different country.

And those foreigners who have been granted citizenship that were not born from illegal immigration? How about green card holders of all types? Are European whites exempt from deportation or they have to go too?

Old 12-20-2017, 12:56 PM

36,765 posts, read 16,356,564 times
Quote:
Japan, China, and Mexico have nothing to do with this conversation. Whatever point you were trying to make, got lost.

It was a comparison, duh. You have the nerve to tell a white American that this isn't their granddaddy's country anymore because of the demographic transformation by massive, unrestricted legal and illegal immigration but you know damned well you wouldn't say that to the Chinese, Mexicans, etc. if the same thing were to happen in their country. That fact that you don't live in those countries has nothing to do with your agenda to transform ours. That makes you a hypocrite!

I have no problem with diversity in reasonable numbers but what has been happening is not reasonable and illegal immigration is also unlawful. Apparently you don't give a damn. It's not about race with me anyway it's about a cultural transformation which is diluting our identifying American one by non-assimilating "immigrants" into our society.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:07 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,165,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It was a comparison, duh. You have the nerve to tell a white American that this isn't their granddaddy's country anymore because of the demographic transformation by massive, unrestricted legal and illegal immigration but you know damned well you wouldn't say that to the Chinese, Mexicans, etc. if the same thing were to happen in their country. That fact that you don't live in those countries has nothing to do with your agenda to transform ours. That makes you a hypocrite!

I have no problem with diversity in reasonable numbers but what has been happening is not reasonable and illegal immigration is also unlawful. Apparently you don't give a damn. It's not about race with me anyway it's about a cultural transformation which is diluting our identifying American one by non-assimilating "immigrants" into our society.
Wait I'm confused, are you saying I'm a hypocrite, Shabazz is, or you're saying every liberal, in general is a hypocrite?

Old 12-20-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Hm alright fair enough. So revoke the amnesty that was granted. How about the citizenship of their children? The US cannot strip citizenship involuntary, as ruled by SCOTUS. You'd need a constitutional amendment to retroactively revoke a US citizen's citizenship or somehow convince them to give it up. But that can only happen if they qualify to live in a different country.

And those foreigners who have been granted citizenship that were not born from illegal immigration? How about green card holders of all types? Are European whites exempt from deportation or they have to go too?

Finally interpreting birthright citizenship the way it was intended would not make it retroactive. It would be only for those born from illegal aliens after that. The green card holders and other legal immigrant's children have been lawfully given our citizenship but it would be preferable if at least one of the parent's be a citizen of our country, IMO. They aren't the issue now nor in the future. What's with the race card all the time? No one would be excluded from our laws nor have they ever been regardless of their race.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Wait I'm confused, are you saying I'm a hypocrite, Shabazz is, or you're saying every liberal, in general is a hypocrite?

I'm saying that anyone who thinks it's ok for the U.S. to have a demographic and cultural transformation due to too much legal immigration and the unacceptable of illegal immigration but would object to the same for other countries is a hypocrite. If the shoe fits, wear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or