U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 11:59 AM

48,272 posts, read 45,547,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Ehhhh, I'm in the Twin Cities. I actually have family up north though so I'm a little familiar with it. It's DFL country (unionized steel workers on the iron range have a democrat - not socially liberal, though, I don't believe - leaning) so they aren't as effected by some of the crazy that Uncle Sam is inflicting on us here in the Cities. They also aren't nearly as effected by the shifting demographics here in the Cities so I believe they are oblivious to how rapid it's spreading.

The suburbs around here though are changing seemingly rapidly - I personally chalk that up to some of these policies of the federal (and State) government that if these suburbs don't have a certain amount of "affordable (FREE) housing" they will be hit hard with loss of dollars. Same with the public school system.

In other words, "You had better take it the way we give it to you and LIKE IT!... you HATEFUL RACIST LILLY WHITE TRASH, OR ELSE!!!..." we're (the "Man"/Federal Government) going to destroy you.
Okay, the suburbs are changing demographically. So what? I live in a place that has been changing in terms of demographics. Doesn't bother me one bit. As long as I have good neighbors, it doesn't matter to me.

And something else. What if it isn't "affordable housing"? What if it is people legitimately buying their homes?

Old 12-21-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Your examples were silly, and did not serve you well. Your biggest got'cha was supposedly Trump retweeting some neo nazi. When someone retweets a post, it does not mean they know everything, or much of anything about that person. You can't plug in a person's Twitter handle into Google, and be directed to a Wikipedia detailing their life and times.

But whatever, you saw that Trump retweeted some post, so to you that means he adopts and approves of that person's entire life history.
They are silly to you. However, it is not silly to me. If someone retweets a post with anti-Black sentiments, then what else am I suppose to think other than they have a low opinion of Blacks? I also notice you cherry pick the Neo-Nazi tweet. If you think it's that silly to you, then you are the one with a problem.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I don't mind diversity as long as it is not crammed down my throat and as long as the constitution has a freedom of association clause, I will live where I choose.
And I don't mind living around people who are of a different ethnicity than myself. I have done it my whole life.

My question to you. If someone of a different ethnicity than you moved next door to you, would you treat them as a neighbor, or try to sell your house?

Old 12-21-2017, 12:05 PM

14,188 posts, read 6,442,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Your examples were silly, and did not serve you well. Your biggest got'cha was supposedly Trump retweeting some neo nazi. When someone retweets a post, it does not mean they know everything, or much of anything about that person. You can't plug in a person's Twitter handle into Google, and be directed to a Wikipedia detailing their life and times.

But whatever, you saw that Trump retweeted some post, so to you that means he adopts and approves of that person's entire life history.
??? If someone retweets something, it's because they agree with the tweet. It's a passive aggressive way of agreeing without actually saying it yourself. Duh. That's not rocket science.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I heard you guys are getting really crazy, far far left up there in Minnesota there was an article in Time magazine
about some of the stuff going on up there.
To be honest, I'd rather live in Minnesota than live in Georgia right now.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:06 PM

3,937 posts, read 1,030,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay, the suburbs are changing demographically. So what? I live in a place that has been changing in terms of demographics. Doesn't bother me one bit. As long as I have good neighbors, it doesn't matter to me.

And something else. What if it isn't "affordable housing"? What if it is people legitimately buying their homes?
But people from your side of the political isle are against "gentrification", though.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That still doesn't reflect well on Trump, because if he doesn't stop and think of what he retweets, he's careless and a fool. And it's pretty well known that he's impulsive and definitely not a deep thinker.
Agreed. Your post also made me think of some other things. Some people probably share the same opinion as Trump, but won't voice it. Another theory I have is this: Some people like that President Trump doesn't think about what he says. In their mind, it is an example "speaking his mind".

Old 12-21-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
But people from your side of the political isle are against "gentrification", though.
You don't even know me or how I feel about gentrification. If you have nothing better to do than accuse me or make assumptions about me, go somewhere else

And you still never answered any of my questions. As usual, evasion.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:17 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,630,949 times
Quote:
Gentrification is partially about control of the real estate market and the value of real estate. That's why some people have negative views on gentrification because it quite often effects poorer people in a negative way.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 12-21-2017 at 12:27 PM..

Old 12-21-2017, 12:36 PM

3,937 posts, read 1,030,637 times
When are left-wingers going to push white infiltration into nations like Mexico? When are they going to push white infiltration into China, or Japan...or Iran?

NOT...GOING...TO...HAPPEN.

As others here have appropriately pointed out the cultural marxists sure like "diversity" of Caucasian lands - the lands our ancestors gave their lives to, were taxed to help construct - but good lord if anyone ever points out this agenda is clearly made to wipe out Caucasian culture as the means to the end, because if it wasn't, we would be seeing this in places like I just pointed out.

Saudi Arabia (and various other FILTHY rich Muslim countries) still haven't taken one Syrian-refugee soul in. Sick. Absolutely SICK.

And you globalists have the nerve to label us "RACISTS!!" or various other trash, simply for no less than having concern our cultures/traditions/mores/norms are being absolutely smeared into oblivion. How dare you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or