U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 12:38 PM

3,882 posts, read 1,021,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You don't even know me or how I feel about gentrification. If you have nothing better to do than accuse me or make assumptions about me, go somewhere else

And you still never answered any of my questions. As usual, evasion.
I said "people from your side of the political isle", in general.

Your posts are very left-wing/left-leaning, are you going to deny that?

Left leaners/left-wingers generally hate gentrification.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:47 PM

48,217 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post

I haven't expressed any hatred for gentrification. And you only know the posts about diversity. You don't know where I stand on other issues, such as abortion, death penalty, marijuana, etc.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:47 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,627,372 times
Quote:

The left wingers that are blacks and hispanics don't generally like it but the left leaning wealthy white people love it.

They go into poor neighborhoods and want to open up a coffee shop that sells $7.00 latte's and overpriced vegan/hipster food. That's exactly what happened in L.A.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:57 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,180,679 times
Kool Keeth, what do you want to do with all the non-whites living here? You keep harping on about the silent majority is going to have enough soon, so what's the silent majority going to do? How do you what they want? If they are silent, then how do you know what they are thinking?

Old 12-21-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
The left wingers that are blacks and hispanics don't generally like it but the left leaning wealthy white people love it.

They go into poor neighborhoods and want to open up a coffee shop that sells $7.00 latte's and overpriced vegan/hipster food. That's exactly what happened in L.A.
I'm Black and I don't hate gentrification. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it would make it to where alot of poor people can't afford to live in a certain area. On the other hand, there are places I never went to until those areas got gentrified. Gentrification plays a role in getting the criminals out.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Kool Keeth, what do you want to do with all the non-whites living here? You keep harping on about the silent majority is going to have enough soon, so what's the silent majority going to do? How do you what they want? If they are silent, then how do you know what they are thinking?

We elected Trump - not these small groups of people CNN and MSNBC would have you believe are the most important "vote" in the electorate.

That's how I know what the "silent majority" wants. They've wanted a Trump-like politician for decades now.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:25 PM

The middle-class in this country is primarily Caucasian.

If we all stayed home for a week - the electricians, the DMV, DOT, municipal workers, the doctors, engineers, police officers, firemen, fishermen etc etc. - this country would literally crumble to the ground. Heck, a couple days and it would crumble to the ground.

And we are shoved down our throats the "day without a Hispanic" LIE as if to insinuate this country would be lost without them. Do you have any idea how insulting that is to spit in our face and insinuate this country would not succeed without Latinos, not Caucasians?

We are around 60 percent, still.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:30 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,627,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm Black and I don't hate gentrification. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it would make it to where alot of poor people can't afford to live in a certain area. On the other hand, there are places I never went to until those areas got gentrified. Gentrification plays a role in getting the criminals out.
It sort of depends on the city and the neighborhood I guess... you'd have to look at each case separately.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It sort of depends on the city and the neighborhood I guess... you'd have to look at each case separately.
Atlanta has been going through its own gentrification. On one hand, it did get some of the crime and blight out of the city. On the other hand, it drove the cost of living up. And the crime spread out to some suburban areas. And some suburbs have gentrified too. Some places I wouldn't bother going to years ago, I will go to them now.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:35 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,180,679 times
Quote:
We elected Trump - not these small groups of people CNN and MSNBC would have you believe are the most important "vote" in the electorate.

That's how I know what the "silent majority" wants. They've wanted a Trump-like politician for decades now.
What is it that Trump is going to do, or you want him to do. Any specifics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or