U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2017, 08:13 AM

18,927 posts, read 6,885,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
In the context of America, "diversity" has a very different meaning.

"inclusiveness', huh?

So how about the Ivies - the schools that produce our leaders, now?

All of them were invented by White Anglo Saxon Protestant men, yet now their school populations - Harvard in particular - is 17 percent WASP (men AND women). Is that "inclusiveness"?

Why are my tax dollars going to a university that now has an agenda to keep people like me down, out, to effectively take over power in this country my WASP ancestors worked their -sses off and were taxed to build the infrastructure of?

None of this is "inclusive" - it is as divisive and poisonous as cancer, and is going to result in an uprising eventually, somewhere down the road, mark my words...
Oh please, I'm white (though not Protestant, I was born Catholic and now athiest) and don't see any of this crap you spew. There is no white genocide, it's a white supremacist conspiracy theory

Old 12-23-2017, 09:27 AM

48,258 posts, read 45,529,249 times
Quote:
In the context of America, "diversity" has a very different meaning.

"inclusiveness', huh?

So how about the Ivies - the schools that produce our leaders, now?

All of them were invented by White Anglo Saxon Protestant men, yet now their school populations - Harvard in particular - is 17 percent WASP (men AND women). Is that "inclusiveness"?

Why are my tax dollars going to a university that now has an agenda to keep people like me down, out, to effectively take over power in this country my WASP ancestors worked their -sses off and were taxed to build the infrastructure of?

None of this is "inclusive" - it is as divisive and poisonous as cancer, and is going to result in an uprising eventually, somewhere down the road, mark my words...
Inclusiveness means anyone can go to Harvard. And from what it looks like, anyone can get in if they work hard enough and have the money to pay it. Personally, I don't care who goes to Harvard. Not my problem.

Consider this. Bluefield State College. It is a historically Black college/university. It was founded for Blacks. It is now 90 percent White.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...ege-in-america

Do you see me or other Blacks complaining about it? No. It doesn't bother me.

Explain how alot of "non-WASP" individuals going to Harvard is some kind of poison or cancer. Or do you want Harvard to be a "no minorities allowed" university? If that is the case, just admit it. Don't come up with this conspiracy crap.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:41 AM

3,520 posts, read 961,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have no problem with diversity of race within a nation. What I object to is a nation's identifying culture being replaced or diluted by too much "immigration" from different cultures. I like the cultural uniquiness of each nation.
Still waiting for a description of what America’s identifying culture is that doesn’t include a deflection like “If you don’t know what it is, you must not be a part of it” or the other such vagaries that you have said in this thread. Surely you can name some specifics we all fall under.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Still waiting for a description of what America’s identifying culture is that doesn’t include a deflection like “If you don’t know what it is, you must not be a part of it” or the other such vagaries that you have said in this thread. Surely you can name some specifics we all fall under.
America is a big place with regional differences. I understand what democracy is. I get what freedom is.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:42 AM

8,520 posts, read 5,008,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
That poster isn't going to answer because he can't. There's no all encompassing American culture. America isn't a homogeneous place where everyone shares the same culture...

Old 12-23-2017, 11:51 AM

3,520 posts, read 961,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
That poster isn't going to answer because he can't. There's no all encompassing American culture. America isn't a homogeneous place where everyone shares the same culture...
Oh I know...they just keep railing against diversity since it’s taking away from our supposed one identifying culture, so I keep asking for the definition. I have an idea of some parts of what they might think it is, but not openly saying, but whatever. I love seeing all the differences and enjoying such a diverse experience. I guess in a way, it’s like complaining all of the other flavors at Baskin Robbins are diminishing vanilla, or something.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Oh please, I'm white (though not Protestant, I was born Catholic and now athiest) and don't see any of this crap you spew. There is no white genocide, it's a white supremacist conspiracy theory
I agree with you that this whole "white genocide" stuff is a conspiracy theory. Last time I checked, Whites aren't being murdered in mass numbers.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:49 PM

3,905 posts, read 1,025,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Explain how alot of "non-WASP" individuals going to Harvard is some kind of poison or cancer. Or do you want Harvard to be a "no minorities allowed" university? If that is the case, just admit it. Don't come up with this conspiracy crap.
I want the best/smartest individuals to be given the allotment of scholarships and pay-for educations there, not less-than-qualified individuals who are there simply for the sake of "diversity".

And apparently that means Asians would be the most represented then. And if that is the case, then so be it.

Quote:
I agree with you that this whole "white genocide" stuff is a conspiracy theory. Last time I checked, Whites aren't being murdered in mass numbers.
Here is the U.N.s definition of genocide - it is easily applied to Caucasians in America today on a number of levels:

Legal definition of genocide
Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide
(1948) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical,
racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to
members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its
physical destruction in whole or in part
; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and]
forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

http://www.un.org/en/preventgenocide..._framework.pdf

Old 12-23-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I want the best/smartest individuals to be given the allotment of scholarships and pay-for educations there, not less-than-qualified individuals who are there simply for the sake of "diversity".

And apparently that means Asians would be the most represented then. And if that is the case, then so be it.

Here is the U.N.s definition of genocide - it is easily applied to Caucasians in America today on a number of levels:

Legal definition of genocide
Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide
(1948) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical,
racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to
members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its
physical destruction in whole or in part
; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and]
forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

http://www.un.org/en/preventgenocide..._framework.pdf
And how do you know most of the individuals getting into Harvard aren't qualified to be there? If this was about the best qualified person, you would not constantly bring up "Harvard was founded by WASPs".

As for the definition of genocide, if we go by that definition, there is no genocide going on. Whites aren't being killed off. There is no attempt to get rid of the White population. If Whites from Europe want to come here, they can. The truth is, birth rates drop because people choose not to have children.

Last edited by green_mariner; 12-23-2017 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-23-2017, 02:06 PM

3,905 posts, read 1,025,414 times
Quote:
As for the definition of genocide, if we go by that definition, there is no genocide going on. Whites aren't being killed off. There is no attempt to get rid of the White population. If Whites from Europe want to come here, they can. The truth is, birth rates drop because people choose not to have children.
An absolutely absurd statement. An untruth if I've ever heard one.

The drop in birthrates in many cases (in particular of middle-class Americans) is they can't afford the INSANE amount of money it now requires for daycare, or the taxes that are being bilked out of our paychecks every week to fund entitlements of those who sit on their butts and produce more children than they could ever afford to support in 10 lifetimes.

(I will respond to your post fully later, but I have to run now...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or