Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 01:22 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times

Advertisements

This has always been a diverse planet. Why there is now a push to make sure that all western societies(and only western societies) reflect the diversity of the planet as a whole is a mystery, unless it is driven by pernicious motives.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:32 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
you claim you dont support ethnic enclaves, but you are also against diversity ?????
I don't have any idea what you are talking about, when you talk about "ethic enclaves". And neither would the people of my area, 75 or 100 years ago. They would have said, "that guy is talking gobbydegook."

As I said, they were too busy working together to make money to have any time for your nonsense.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Right, there definitely wasn't and isn't widespread, well-documented discrimination in employment, housing, etc.

Yes, we all realize things were great for white Christians. They were not great for everybody else.

If it was so great and everybody prospered, why do we still have ghettos filled with black people?
People were too busy working hard and making money for your kind of nonsense.
They had no idea what you are talking about.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
60 years ago, African Americans weren't even allowed to use the same restrooms or drinking fountains as Caucasians in many parts of the country.

Sounds like they were getting along great back then, huh?
I don't know much about that. I DO know that overwhelming numbers of young men in my area put down their farm tools and marched thousands of miles to free the slaves. The monuments here list all of their many names. Many more came back wounded, never to work again. Our cemetaries here have many of them.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
You're either lying with this quote, or lying with your listed location by your username.

Caribou, Maine is apparently 98.2% white.

Yes, that is extremely diverse
So you DON'T know as much as you think you do: Francos made up a huge portion of the population. Many did not speak English. Some changed their last names to the "Anglo" versions, to get ahead. Of course, they intermarried.
When the state and provincial governments went shopping on the international market for immigrants to help settle the area further, they did not look for Diversity. They looked for hard working people. That's what they got, in the Swedes and Danish (many did not speak English either).
Don't forget the Native Americans. They came from all over eastern North America to help with harvest (read "Travels with Charlie").
Like most Diversity worshipers, it appears that you think you know it all.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
This has always been a diverse planet. Why there is now a push to make sure that all western societies(and only western societies) reflect the diversity of the planet as a whole is a mystery, unless it is driven by pernicious motives.
EXACTLY. My area set the template for "Diversity" over a century ago. (To say nothing about welcoming thousands upon thousands of blacks, Hispanics and Asians into the area from 1949 to 1994.....and many of THOSE people jumped into the hard work of harvesting crops on the side. All good).
They just didn't have pernicious motives that they tried to advance, using their "Diversity".

Old 11-26-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I shook my head as I read the OP.
Oh, well that's just mighty precious of you.
(I'm clapping for you....)

Old 11-26-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The OP is not a fan of diversity. Noted.
Again, nobody in this area would have had any idea what you are even talking about, back in the day.
Too busy working hard and making money.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:46 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Like most Diversity worshipers, it appears that you think you know it all.
Yeah, but you're still all white. For the SJW activists, whiteness is the problem.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
60 years ago it was all about whites making money and prospering while preventing blacks from doing the same. Blacks were fighting hard for civil rights...being physically assaulted, raped and even being killed.

Yea getting along great alright. You don’t like the diversity that came about because everyone was finally provided the opportunities that whites were even though others had to fight so much longer and harder for them. Very telling...
Well, I do know that many of the incredibly hard-working farm guys put their tools down for a few years, when their own families could least afford it. They marched off thousands of miles to help free the slaves. Many did not return.
The ones who did return just got back to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies