Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 06:02 PM

62,677 posts, read 28,868,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Purposeful, forced, artificial diversity for the reason of righting past wrongs, and for social engineering is a CROCK. Legal, organic, immigration is fine with people that WANT to assimilate and become Americans.

Agreed.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:25 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,091,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
In my area, there has ALWAYS been lots "Diversity". But they didn't care about that, back in the old days. It was a meaningless term to them. Even just fifty-sixty years ago.
All that DID matter was working hard and making money, whatever your ethnic background (and church, for most of them). When that's all you're focused on, then people get along great. And everybody prospers, oddly enogh.

Today, this phony push for "Diversity" has pushed all of that aside.
50-60 years ago, diversity was alive and well in America?! All that mattered was working hard?! The t&c if this forum don't let me address the dumb ideas that come out the way they should be addressed...

Old 11-26-2017, 06:49 PM

37,761 posts, read 40,870,361 times
Why do you all automatically assume diversity means race?

Old 11-26-2017, 06:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,564,537 times
Default Do you work online

Quote:
In my area, there has ALWAYS been lots "Diversity". But they didn't care about that, back in the old days. It was a meaningless term to them. Even just fifty-sixty years ago.
All that DID matter was working hard and making money, whatever your ethnic background (and church, for most of them). When that's all you're focused on, then people get along great. And everybody prospers, oddly enogh.

This seems thread topic seems like post bait even more than some of the other threads. Are you one of these people who work-at-home posting online? A dime for every thread you start and nickel for every post in reply? If your area is Maine, in what old days was it diverse? When the Native Americans still had their land?

Old 11-26-2017, 07:14 PM

Default Systematic racism among other things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Right, there definitely wasn't and isn't widespread, well-documented discrimination in employment, housing, etc.

Yes, we all realize things were great for white Christians. They were not great for everybody else.

If it was so great and everybody prospered, why do we still have ghettos filled with black people?
Ghettos are due to several factors that intersected: systematic racism, White supremacy propped up on Black inferiority thereby causing many Whites to be invested in keeping the system rigged as it was so they could continue to feel good/superior about themselves and their inherited privilege, and envy against educated-non-ignorant Blacks who didn't need a White savior by creating hostile work environments, lack of support, and judge more harshly for mistakes than their counterparts in the workplace Consequently, racist practices had prevented Blacks collectively from lifting themselves up by their boot straps - those boot straps had been cut off by various means.

Just as the foolishness of racial superiority is hard for many of you to overcome the foolishness of racial inferiority is hard for many Blacks to overcome. That's why the other half of the equation is bad-decision making, stupid decisions, backwards thinking and enabling of those who engage in all the above on the part of many Blacks in ghettos. Their bad decisions haved compounded to the extent that some are so far down the hole it will take three generations before they can even get to a clean slate - and that's hinging on if the children don't repeat the mistakes of the parents.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:20 PM

Default Thankful they did

Quote:
Well, I do know that many of the incredibly hard-working farm guys put their tools down for a few years, when their own families could least afford it. They marched off thousands of miles to help free the slaves. Many did not return.
The ones who did return just got back to work.
Well, I must say I'm thankful they did.

However, your OP still doesn't make sense.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:22 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,023,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why do you all automatically assume diversity means race?
Well then enlighten us-what other types are there up in the mean streets of Caribou, Maine that the OP could possibly be referring to?

Does Tn have different types of diversity?

Old 11-26-2017, 07:43 PM

Default Only Whites were counted but minorities were there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
1776-1960 90% white

Diversity is a conditioned way to describe self inflicted white genocide.
That is fake news. Between 1776-1960, most states didn't count their Black citizens in the population census, this moreso applies to states in the south. Some states only counted WM of age, some counted only WM & WW who were not mentally ill (I kid not), and so forth. The point is that in either case only WHITES were counted so of course the population of Whites numbered high.

It is estimated though that before the Great Migration of Blacks to the north, for several decades in the south the Black population outnumbered the White population in places like Mississippi and Alabama.

Terrorities, which was most of what is now the midwest and western states didn't have accurate counts as they were outposts for the most part and didn't take census of Native Americans living freely in then what was still their land. Free Blacks were often uncounted in some places

Yes, all the old census are skewed on all races (Blacks, White, Native Americans, Mexicans/Hispanics (counted as White or often not counted/acknowledged at all, and same things happened with Asians) because the count from each southern state counted some people (certain Whites) but not others (poor Whites and minorities).

Old 11-26-2017, 08:39 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,089,392 times
Quote:

Man, bet your sorry you started this thread. The zombies came out and will shut you down for having such thoughts.
The goal is to transform our society just like Obama said. Take a look at Lewiston. Anything strange about that picture?
Stay the course.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:42 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,089,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
That is fake news. Between 1776-1960, most states didn't count their Black citizens in the population census, this moreso applies to states in the south. Some states only counted WM of age, some counted only WM & WW who were not mentally ill (I kid not), and so forth. The point is that in either case only WHITES were counted so of course the population of Whites numbered high.

It is estimated though that before the Great Migration of Blacks to the north, for several decades in the south the Black population outnumbered the White population in places like Mississippi and Alabama.

Terrorities, which was most of what is now the midwest and western states didn't have accurate counts as they were outposts for the most part and didn't take census of Native Americans living freely in then what was still their land. Free Blacks were often uncounted in some places

Yes, all the old census are skewed on all races (Blacks, White, Native Americans, Mexicans/Hispanics (counted as White or often not counted/acknowledged at all, and same things happened with Asians) because the count from each southern state counted some people (certain Whites) but not others (poor Whites and minorities).
Old history and old statistics. All litigated long ago. The majority of Americans see no need to rehash that era.
No point in it other than to stir trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies