Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2017, 02:12 PM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
In the context of America, "diversity" has a very different meaning.

"inclusiveness', huh?

So how about the Ivies - the schools that produce our leaders, now?

All of them were invented by White Anglo Saxon Protestant men, yet now their school populations - Harvard in particular - is 17 percent WASP (men AND women). Is that "inclusiveness"?

Why are my tax dollars going to a university that now has an agenda to keep people like me down, out, to effectively take over power in this country my WASP ancestors worked their -sses off and were taxed to build the infrastructure of?

None of this is "inclusive" - it is as divisive and poisonous as cancer, and is going to result in an uprising eventually, somewhere down the road, mark my words...
People of European descent have always been in control of the demographic landscape, once the Native American population was annihilated.

African slave labor became the cornerstone of much of the American economy prior to the Civil War. Much of our railways were built by Chinese hands. Much of our agricultural and domestic labor has always been the manual responsibilty of Mexicans and Africans.

Please! Never ever again mention anything about how hard "your" ancestors worked. All Americans have worked hard to build this country. Many present-day American citizen's ancestors worked the hardest against their own will!

Also, if there is ever an uprising, I'm most certain it will be inspired by the world's greatest idiot, your leader!

Old 12-23-2017, 02:21 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Still waiting for a description of what America’s identifying culture is that doesn’t include a deflection like “If you don’t know what it is, you must not be a part of it” or the other such vagaries that you have said in this thread. Surely you can name some specifics we all fall under.

Are we Asian, Hispanic, etc. in our identifying culture and language? One of the specifics is the English language not Spanish nor Mandarin, etc.

Last edited by Oldglory; 12-23-2017 at 02:29 PM..

Old 12-23-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
That poster isn't going to answer because he can't. There's no all encompassing American culture. America isn't a homogeneous place where everyone shares the same culture...

I already did. Most Americans do share the same basic, identifying culture while some haven't assimilated to it out in mainstream.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:25 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I already did. Most Americans do share the same basic, identifying culture while some haven't assimilated to it out in mainstream.
So why don't you identify that identifying culture instead of deflecting.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Oh I know...they just keep railing against diversity since it’s taking away from our supposed one identifying culture, so I keep asking for the definition. I have an idea of some parts of what they might think it is, but not openly saying, but whatever. I love seeing all the differences and enjoying such a diverse experience. I guess in a way, it’s like complaining all of the other flavors at Baskin Robbins are diminishing vanilla, or something.

I will repeat, I have no problem with cultural diversity just as long as it doesn't dilute or replace our identifying one via too much immigration and the absolutely unacceptable of illegal immigration. If I want to see and experience a lot of different cultures I'll travel to a foreign country or an ethnic "business" neighborhood.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:33 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Are we Asian, Hispanic, etc. in our identifying culture and language? One of the specifics is the English language not Spanish nor Mandarin, etc.
So....here’s one you would say. What else?

Old 12-23-2017, 02:34 PM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I want the best/smartest individuals to be given the allotment of scholarships and pay-for educations there, not less-than-qualified individuals who are there simply for the sake of "diversity".

And apparently that means Asians would be the most represented then. And if that is the case, then so be it.

Here is the U.N.s definition of genocide - it is easily applied to Caucasians in America today on a number of levels:

Legal definition of genocide
Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide
(1948) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical,
racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to
members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its
physical destruction in whole or in part
; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and]
forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

http://www.un.org/en/preventgenocide..._framework.pdf
Your definition of genocide would mean that Native, African, and Mexican-Americans have been undergoing genocide for centuries now by the hands WASPs.

That would mean that you guys have been quite successful at reducing population levels of people who don't quite meet your standards.

In terms of intelligence, you'd be surprised to see the number of both African and Mexican students I've seen who have successfully passed state approved AP Calculus classes and subsequent test.
I'm most certain that you and most of your peers would find these tests and classes quite daunting.

Most of these students are of superlative moral character, law-abiding, and are conscientious about their personal responsibilities to both their communities and their state.

You would pale in their shadow...

Old 12-23-2017, 02:37 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
I will repeat, I have no problem with cultural diversity just as long as it doesn't dilute or replace our identifying one via too much immigration and the absolutely unacceptable of illegal immigration. If I want to see and experience a lot of different cultures I'll travel to a foreign country or an ethnic "business" neighborhood.
Still vague. So far you’ve named English. Surely there is more to this culture you are positing exists. The UK mainly speaks English. Australia. Etc. So what else do you see as specifically American, that is suffering by diversity happening.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:42 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
Quote:
Still waiting for a description of what America’s identifying culture is that doesn’t include a deflection like “If you don’t know what it is, you must not be a part of it” or the other such vagaries that you have said in this thread. Surely you can name some specifics we all fall under.
Our highway system is the best in the world. You can drive for four days across this country without a passport without fear.

We have the biggest diversity in cultures, landscape, food and people for a country of our size and global stature.

Go on a road trip from Sea to shining Sea in the big loop up and down each coast. Then tell me if we lack diversity or how Blan America is.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:48 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
People of European descent have always been in control of the demographic landscape, once the Native American population was annihilated.

African slave labor became the cornerstone of much of the American economy prior to the Civil War. Much of our railways were built by Chinese hands. Much of our agricultural and domestic labor has always been the manual responsibilty of Mexicans and Africans.

Please! Never ever again mention anything about how hard "your" ancestors worked. All Americans have worked hard to build this country. Many present-day American citizen's ancestors worked the hardest against their own will!

Also, if there is ever an uprising, I'm most certain it will be inspired by the world's greatest idiot, your leader!
It took many kinds of people to build America. A simple U.S. History lesson will confirm this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies