U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 01:38 PM

26,278 posts, read 18,925,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
argue semantics when you have nothing else. So consistent.
apparently your answer is 'unbelievably sensitive.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 01:39 PM

26,629 posts, read 11,160,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Who cares who murders who? What does that have to do with anything?

Why are you trying to make this about white people? Don't deflect from the FACT that only 3% of the population is committing 50% of the murders.

That's a disgraceful statistic. Stop blaming and pointing fingers. Black people are responsible need to own it and fix it.
You had me until the last sentence. The color of ones skin doesn't make people do anything or make the onus on them. Plenty of people point fingers at the symptom and ignore the cause which is what was in the OP. Recognize the fact that kids are not being raised well overall and the problem is that they won't have a good chance being raised in 1 parent families.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:52 PM

3,103 posts, read 2,838,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL on your bold above. So you don't care who murders who and color has nothing to do with it but "black people" are responsibe for murders and we need to own it and fix it lol.

You are a hoot.

FYI - less than .5% of black men are murders. So 99.5% of black men do not need to "fix" murder.

What do you think Denzel needs to do to "fix it" as you mentioned in regards to murder and why don't white men need to "fix" the less than .5% of white men that murder every year too....?
Your post makes no sense.

Quoting stats on who murders who, is just a deflection. It obscures WHO is committing the murders, so some people just love to throw it out there, even though it's totally irreverent.

All black men need to stick around and be good father figures. Eliminate the cycle of guns, drugs and gangs.

I thought black lives mattered?

Last edited by Colorado^; 11-27-2017 at 02:21 PM..

Old 11-27-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You had me until the last sentence. The color of ones skin doesn't make people do anything or make the onus on them.
The statistics prove otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Plenty of people point fingers at the symptom and ignore the cause which is what was in the OP. Recognize the fact that kids are not being raised well overall and the problem is that they won't have a good chance being raised in 1 parent families.
I point the finger at the person pointing the gun and pulling the trigger, and so does the law.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:32 PM

2,027 posts, read 662,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Who cares who murders who? What does that have to do with anything?

Why are you trying to make this about white people? Don't deflect from the FACT that only 3% of the population is committing 50% of the murders.

That's a disgraceful statistic. Stop blaming and pointing fingers. Black people are responsible and need to own it and fix it.
Exactly what I expected. As soon as we talk about white issues, "lets not not bring up race....but blacks needs to ______". LOL

Old 11-27-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Exactly what I expected. As soon as we talk about white issues, "lets not not bring up race....but blacks needs to ______". LOL
1) Whites are ~5 times less likely (statistically) to be murders.
2) This thread is about black crime

If you want to start a thread where white people discuss their lack of murder rate vs black people, feel free to do so (shrug).

Old 11-27-2017, 02:40 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,840,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You guys are funny thinking that common things that black people routinely say/think are somehow seen by us blacks as being a "sell out" or an "Uncle Tom."

Stuff he said in that interview are things that nearly every black person says.
Stop it! Clearly these middle aged-senior citizen non Black posters who have little to no contact with Black people in their social circles know the lingo that Blacks use daily. You owe them an apology!

Lol.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:40 PM

10,976 posts, read 4,828,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
excellent point. but it goes even beyond just the legal system as well. part of the issue is that when someone is convicted of a crime, it breaks the public trust, and that person tends to be ostracized from shall we say civilized society.

they have to re-earn the trust they had before, and that is difficult at best. so how do we help those first time offenders, and those that actually want to change for the better?
That's what's unfortunate. I'm honestly in favor of sealing records after someone has served their time. They have paid their debt to society. If the law agrees with the public's concern of the released person causing problems, then that person probably shouldn't have been released in the first place.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:48 PM

777 posts, read 279,271 times
Quote:
This is not true at all. This was just some white supremacist talking point against black people. Black men are targeted by police, it's that simple. And we know this because black men and black women grow up in the same exact households with the same parents, value, economic status, etc...but black women don't go to prison at the same rate as black men. Why is that? Why are there two different rates of "criminality" for black men and black women, yet they grow up in the same households?
I will not further dignify ignorance of one that starts off with the "white supremacist" rebuttal. Have fun at the bottom. Matters not one iota to me.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:49 PM

10,976 posts, read 4,828,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
What's wrong with the legal system and kids? Ive gone 36 years without going to prison, its not that difficult of a task.
I'm referring to the lack of second chances for those who ever did get tangled in the system.

Ex-convicts get released, often very determined to turn their lives around, only to be barred from housing and just about every lawful job.

Without a job, how on earth are people to support themselves? And without a permanent address (due to being barred pretty much everywhere), getting a job is that much harder.

People have to get by. Without legal means to do so, they'll have to do what they can.

Considering that people get locked up all the time for victimless crimes at young ages, screwing up once as an 18 year old can haunt them for the rest of their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies