Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 10:44 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Do you think all black men are not good father figures...?

I have a father and I'm black and guess what - my parents weren't married when I was born....( Oh the HORROR!!) and I still know and see and speak to my father daily, just as I did when I was a kid lol. I have 3 brothers, all of them have kids. One is married, one is divorced, and one is single and had a kid out of wedlock. Guess what.....all of them are "good father figures" lol. I have a spouse and we had our first child out of wedlock and guess what....we are married now and my husband is the same type of father he has always been (he's black BTW) around and taking care of his kids. Black dads take care of their kids overwhelmingly. You not believing they do, again shows you don't know much about black people. There is no cycle of guns, drugs, and gangs amongst the majority of the black population. Guns and drugs especially need to be eliminated from the cycle of white Americans - you guys are the ones mass murdering innocent people and being victims of your own choices in regards to the "opiod epidemic."

Like other posters have said, you should focus on white people and quit trying to act like (as my grandmother used to say) your sh*t don't stink . We blacks will do like we always have done and take care of our ourselves.
72% of black children are raised in single parent households.
25% of American children are raised in single parent households.

Your anecdotes are nice and all, but the statistics speak for themselves.

Clearly our poo stinks a lot less. But the issue is who's paying to clean up the poop. In the absence of a father who do you think pays for the child? The American tax payer!!! So excuse me for thinking it's my business when I'm the one who gets the bill.

https://youtu.be/RBqjZ0KZCa0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 12:13 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
72% of black children are raised in single parent households.
25% of American children are raised in single parent households.

Your anecdotes are nice and all, but the statistics speak for themselves.

Clearly our poo stinks a lot less. But the issue is who's paying to clean up the poop. In the absence of a father who do you think pays for the child? The American tax payer!!! So excuse me for thinking it's my business when I'm the one who gets the bill.

https://youtu.be/RBqjZ0KZCa0
Point was that being born out of wedlock doesn't mean someone doesn't have a father figure in their lives or even an actual father.

The marital status of one's parents does not indicate the ability or involvement of said parents.

And IMO your poo stinks a lot more than anyone else's in this country. That is why so many of you have "white guilt." Cause you know you've Fd over everyone else and only are in a superior economic and educational position because of that historical F-ing over everyone else. Now that you cannot F over everyone else as severely, we see a rise of white supremacist/nationalists who want to fight for your "white rights" to oppress other people. Stinky poo out the wazoo with those types....

Also, black Americans pay taxes. I bet I pay more than you do and as I noted, what Denzel said is commonplace amongst black people including things I've said myself. As another poster noted and as I agreed with, we usually just don't talk to people like you about these things because you try to use them to justify your own racist beliefs and ideologies or cure yourself of your white guilt and that sort of nonsense is/should be beneath us.

Also as noted, blacks have not been criticizing Denzel over his words or trying to blacklist him. Cosby was also not criticized about his words - only about speaking of these things in a public fashion outside the confines of black "spaces" so to speak. We talk about and actively work on our issues. That's why racism decreased, educational achievement increased, crime decreased, etc., even as out of wedlock births went up. Because we are always actively speaking about and working on things that are important to us as a demographic. You should work on your own people. We know our statistics and we know actual black people enough to understand that we have some common sense and aren't morons totally represented by a "study" or stereotype, unlike yourself it seems.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
whoa, first Susan Sarandon. and now Denzel goes against the liberal mantra. I wonder who is next

Denzel Washington to Black America: Stop Blaming the Prison System, 'It Starts at Home'
To use a sports analogy:

You never let the referees determine the outcome of the game.

You never let the government determine the outcome of your life.

Meaning it's your job to recognize the evilness of the State, avoid if possible, and be wise in dealing with it when you must. Never give it the opportunity to become intertwined with your life and impact you to the point you are severely damaged.

Never let the refs make a call at the end of a game that swings favor to your opponent. Blow your opponent out.

In this respect, I agree with Washington. It's why I've never understood why minorities, especially blacks, have long favored government involvement in their personal lives...generally speaking.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:01 PM

709 posts, read 656,632 times
Quote:
Because whites do not understand what it is like to be black and many have an issue with paternalism and either consciously or subconsciously not believing we black people know anything they don't know and honestly it is just easier to discuss and take care of our issues by ourselves.

I agree with what green_mariner said and as I noted, what Denzel said is nothing out of the ordinary for blacks to think/say especially amongst each other. When really any well known black person says these things that many black people think/say, the white conservative nuts will jump on those comments and start drama. Same as the OP link did - Breitbart did, the OP him/herself did and others and then want to go on and on about "problems" black people have that they really know nothing about in a racist rant so to speak.

It is better not to speak around non-blacks about these sorts of things because too many of them jump to ridiculous conclusions or try to act like the one thing the black person said means the black person (and all black people in their ridiculous minds) agree entirely with the racist views of the non-black person when that is not the case.
That doesn't make sense. While true that whites don't know what it is like to be black (obviously), what does that have to do with anything? Last time I checked, every citizen in this country is invested in having the best outcomes for all individuals, without regard to their race, ethnicity, social status, etc. It's called community. That being said, I realize that certainly is not the predominant way of thinking lately.

So, just because I'm white, I should be shut out of the debate? That's horse$#!t. I work with the public, and I'm in a public safety occupation. I'm certainly effected by problems in all communities, and have to deal with the fallout of people at their worst. I've moved now, but I am from Milwaukee. I worked in the city for years (the north side primarily, but sometimes the south side as well), and dealt first hand with the issues in the black community. These issues included extreme poverty, lack of education, lack of adequate health care, and broken families. Moreover, I lived in a rural county near Milwaukee that is like 98% white. The poor in that county had the same issues as the poor in Milwaukee. There is a cultural problem with the lower classes in this country. Unfortunately, the black poverty rate is disproportionately high, which means many blacks are poor and share the same cultural issues with other poor people.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Point was that being born out of wedlock doesn't mean someone doesn't have a father figure in their lives or even an actual father.

The marital status of one's parents does not indicate the ability or involvement of said parents.

And IMO your poo stinks a lot more than anyone else's in this country. That is why so many of you have "white guilt." Cause you know you've Fd over everyone else and only are in a superior economic and educational position because of that historical F-ing over everyone else. Now that you cannot F over everyone else as severely, we see a rise of white supremacist/nationalists who want to fight for your "white rights" to oppress other people. Stinky poo out the wazoo with those types....

Also, black Americans pay taxes. I bet I pay more than you do and as I noted, what Denzel said is commonplace amongst black people including things I've said myself. As another poster noted and as I agreed with, we usually just don't talk to people like you about these things because you try to use them to justify your own racist beliefs and ideologies or cure yourself of your white guilt and that sort of nonsense is/should be beneath us.

Also as noted, blacks have not been criticizing Denzel over his words or trying to blacklist him. Cosby was also not criticized about his words - only about speaking of these things in a public fashion outside the confines of black "spaces" so to speak. We talk about and actively work on our issues. That's why racism decreased, educational achievement increased, crime decreased, etc., even as out of wedlock births went up. Because we are always actively speaking about and working on things that are important to us as a demographic. You should work on your own people. We know our statistics and we know actual black people enough to understand that we have some common sense and aren't morons totally represented by a "study" or stereotype, unlike yourself it seems.
Once again you're basing your opinion on anecdotal evidence, and trying to deflect blame.

The cost to the US taxpayer for the black community is astronomical. The cost of incarceration and welfare is huge, but the black community (as a whole) are among the poorest and pay the least amount of tax. It's a massive net loss. Yet you still try to blame white people (who pay the bill) for all your community's wrong doing.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:18 PM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
To use a sports analogy:

You never let the referees determine the outcome of the game.

You never let the government determine the outcome of your life.

Meaning it's your job to recognize the evilness of the State, avoid if possible, and be wise in dealing with it when you must. Never give it the opportunity to become intertwined with your life and impact you to the point you are severely damaged.

Never let the refs make a call at the end of a game that swings favor to your opponent. Blow your opponent out.

In this respect, I agree with Washington. It's why I've never understood why minorities, especially blacks, have long favored government involvement in their personal lives...generally speaking.
This. All of it.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
That doesn't make sense. While true that whites don't know what it is like to be black (obviously), what does that have to do with anything? Last time I checked, every citizen in this country is invested in having the best outcomes for all individuals, without regard to their race, ethnicity, social status, etc. It's called community. That being said, I realize that certainly is not the predominant way of thinking lately.

So, just because I'm white, I should be shut out of the debate? That's horse$#!t. I work with the public, and I'm in a public safety occupation. I'm certainly effected by problems in all communities, and have to deal with the fallout of people at their worst. I've moved now, but I am from Milwaukee. I worked in the city for years (the north side primarily, but sometimes the south side as well), and dealt first hand with the issues in the black community. These issues included extreme poverty, lack of education, lack of adequate health care, and broken families. Moreover, I lived in a rural county near Milwaukee that is like 98% white. The poor in that county had the same issues as the poor in Milwaukee. There is a cultural problem with the lower classes in this country. Unfortunately, the black poverty rate is disproportionately high, which means many blacks are poor and share the same cultural issues with other poor people.
When it comes to black people on the bold - yes you should be shut out in most instances. Rural poor whites do not have the same issues as urban poor blacks. There are stark differences between the two.

FWIW I do think it's nice that whites want to "help" in many ways but IMO the best way you can "help" black people is to stop believing we are a stereotype who needs your help.

On the blue, being that whites don't know what it's like to be black, that means that with problems relating to bias and discrimination and dealing with that - which is a huge issue in black America - how to deal with the stress of racism - you cannot help us. We have to help ourselves with that and that is a pervasive thing we deal with that effects all of us no matter if we are poverty stricken, middle class, or upper class or if our parents are married at our birth or not. You have no experience with this sort of thing and cannot provide any help to us about it other than not being biased yourself and encouraging your friends and family members not to be that way.

The very fact that you and others think of blacks as dysfunctional poverty stricken poor underclass, is indicative of why you should not be included in these discussions. And I'm not trying to be harsh or mean with my comments. It is just the fact that too many non-black people have too many negative views of blacks to truly help us in any meaningful way because a large amount of you don't believe that bias, discrimination, and racism, is a factor in our lives.

As I noted, I agree with Denzel in regards to teaching children morals and being reared in a caring/responsible family. However, I'll also note that Denzel has spoken about the fact that people in this country are racist and biased against blacks. He has even stated he has never befriended any white actors/actresses in Hollywood. Many of you will focus on the family comment and ignore his comments about race and racism - similar to how many people focused on Cosby in the same way and ignored his decades long comments about race and racism. You all pick and chose what you want to hear and don't deal with the big picture and until you can or do, there is no point in bringing you to the table. When I have meetings at work for a project plan, I don't include people who don't think we can achieve whatever goal/deliverable that needs to be met. I only want invested parties, not bystanders or complainers.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Once again you're basing your opinion on anecdotal evidence, and trying to deflect blame.

The cost to the US taxpayer for the black community is astronomical. The cost of incarceration and welfare is huge, but the black community (as a whole) are among the poorest and pay the least amount of tax. It's a massive net loss. Yet you still try to blame white people (who pay the bill) for all your community's wrong doing.
I'm not blaming white people...

I said that I don't want any help from whites and that you whites should focus on your mass shooter problems and drug addiction epidemic...

You are the one trying to blame black people for some sort of woes. I, however, understand you just like to b**ch about black people. I think it's pretty funny actually.

And again, I agree with Denzel, I also don't agree that the government or white people need to fix any black "problems" and most black people I know are similar to me in that respect.

My main point was that you probably don't know any black people and you view us in a stereotypical lens. I honestly don't care that you do. That's your problem. But I know what I stated to you earlier about decreases in crime and increases in education amongst the black population is true because I know how to look at real numbers and not regurgitate studies and statistics like you and many other posters around here do in order to make you feel good about being white.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
When it comes to black people on the bold - yes you should be shut out in most instances. Rural poor whites do not have the same issues as urban poor blacks. There are stark differences between the two.

FWIW I do think it's nice that whites want to "help" in many ways but IMO the best way you can "help" black people is to stop believing we are a stereotype who needs your help.
How about you leave the racists comments out and quit acting like blacks or anyone is different based on their skin color?
And yes as a group blacks do need help but not the help the welfare state is giving them.

Quote:
On the blue, being that whites don't know what it's like to be black, that means that with problems relating to bias and discrimination and dealing with that - which is a huge issue in black America - how to deal with the stress of racism - you cannot help us. We have to help ourselves with that and that is a pervasive thing we deal with that effects all of us no matter if we are poverty stricken, middle class, or upper class or if our parents are married at our birth or not. You have no experience with this sort of thing and cannot provide any help to us about it other than not being biased yourself and encouraging your friends and family members not to be that way.

The very fact that you and others think of blacks as dysfunctional poverty stricken poor underclass, is indicative of why you should not be included in these discussions. And I'm not trying to be harsh or mean with my comments. It is just the fact that too many non-black people have too many negative views of blacks to truly help us in any meaningful way because a large amount of you don't believe that bias, discrimination, and racism, is a factor in our lives.
You're making all this drama up. As a group blacks are worse off financially. To ignore that is to ignore the truth.
Bias, discrimination, and racism, are not big factors on if one succeeds in life. Finishing high school, working full time, and waiting until you're 21 to get married and have kids gives one a 75 percent chance of being in the Middle Class or higher. Nothing to do with what group one belongs too.
Stop playing the victim.

Quote:
As I noted, I agree with Denzel in regards to teaching children morals and being reared in a caring/responsible family. However, I'll also note that Denzel has spoken about the fact that people in this country are racist and biased against blacks. He has even stated he has never befriended any white actors/actresses in Hollywood. Many of you will focus on the family comment and ignore his comments about race and racism - similar to how many people focused on Cosby in the same way and ignored his decades long comments about race and racism. You all pick and chose what you want to hear and don't deal with the big picture and until you can or do, there is no point in bringing you to the table. When I have meetings at work for a project plan, I don't include people who don't think we can achieve whatever goal/deliverable that needs to be met. I only want invested parties, not bystanders or complainers.
But you have no problem taking their money, which is the problem. That's what many humans do. Nothing to do with skin color.
Single parent families lower the chances of the childrens success. Ending the welfare state goes along way to evening out the paying field. Why work when you can get paid to not work? Why stay together and raise kids when the state will do it for you?

Old 11-28-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I'm not blaming white people...

I said that I don't want any help from whites and that you whites should focus on your mass shooter problems and drug addiction epidemic...

You are the one trying to blame black people for some sort of woes. I, however, understand you just like to b**ch about black people. I think it's pretty funny actually.

And again, I agree with Denzel, I also don't agree that the government or white people need to fix any black "problems" and most black people I know are similar to me in that respect.

You may claim to not need our help, but who pays for the incarnation, policing, riot clean up, legal fees and welfare etc?

B**ching about black people is not what I'm doing. I'm quoting very real statistics. If you don't like what you see, then don't blame the mirror. Don't shoot the messenger.

3% of the population committing 50% of the murders in this country, does not make me feel good about being white. It make me sad that "black lives matter" is just another do as I say, not as I do cop out.

Quote:
But I know what I stated to you earlier about decreases in crime and increases in education amongst the black population is true because I know how to look at real numbers and not regurgitate studies and statistics like you and many other posters around here do in order to make you feel good about being white.
Please provide me with those "real numbers".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies