U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 10:13 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,263,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
As long as getting rid of the AMT remains in the plan, Im for it. All of you that keep saying tax cuts for the rich are drinking the kool-aid pushed by the liberals and wannabes(like Sanders) in opposition.
Hmm.

Quote:
Reports this weekend indicated that Steve Bannon, the White House chief strategist and Friend to the Sith, was pushing a tax hike on the very richest among us. Bannon wants to raise the rate on income over $5 million a year to 44 percent, according to The Intercept, in order to pay for tax cuts for the middle class.
Why Conservatives Are Laughing at Steve Bannon

Liberals and wannabes, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 10:19 AM

1,154 posts, read 965,661 times
The GOP are proposing trash legislation? Color me shocked

Old 11-28-2017, 10:19 AM

10,780 posts, read 13,688,846 times
Quote:
As long as getting rid of the AMT remains in the plan, Im for it. All of you that keep saying tax cuts for the rich are drinking the kool-aid pushed by the liberals and wannabes(like Sanders) in opposition.
I guess you'll be spouting your "liberals/leftists/snowflakes" etc until the actual tax bills hit and you realize how much you've been duped.

Trump and the GOP, the PT Barnum's of our time.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:23 AM

1,721 posts, read 812,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I find this hilarious when the post you quoted noted $110K for a joint income. If that is poor then I have no idea what I am.
Its not enough to live with a family in many cities in America. the average wage in America is below 50k and that isn't middle class.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:26 AM

9,893 posts, read 3,280,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Then I'll doesn't address everything, but is a step in the right direction.

As to your concerns:

1. The wealthy pay too much.
2. The middle class should vote for less spending of tax dollars which translates to less tax dollars needed.
3. Cut spending.
4. In a global market, we need lower business and investment taxes.
lets look at point 4

what proof do you have that the US needs lower corp rates? for a start as soon as it was announced competing nations spoke of reducing their rates too, thus the US simply loses revenue and the shareholders end up as the only winners. and of course the only rate that matters is the effective rate which is already below 20%...

seems to me Pedro you dont understand this topic and are just echoing the party line. Everytime someone gets into numbers you run away and start talking about something else.

and by the way the richest americans have an effective tax rate less than 20% look it up. just google "effective tax rate of the wealthiest americans"

hang on I know you wont because you don't want to see REAL DATA.
so here i will search it FOR YOU!

Quote:

The IRS found that as you go from being merely wealthy (the 1 percent) to super-duper wealthy (the 0.001 percent), your average federal income tax rate actually goes down. In other words, the progressivity of the federal income tax starts to fall apart at the upper reaches of the income distribution. Take a look.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1eb15cdc5829

Old 11-28-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I guess you'll be spouting your "liberals/leftists/snowflakes" etc until the actual tax bills hit and you realize how much you've been duped.

Trump and the GOP, the PT Barnum's of our time.
I don't get it. Why are they against tax hikes on the Globalists? I thought the Globalists were the enemy. For example, they say Mitt Romney is a Globalist.

Quote:
"according to government documents . . . Romney, when he was in charge of Bain [Capital], invested heavily in a Chinese manufacturing company that depended on US outsourcing for its profits—and that explicitly stated that such outsourcing was crucial to its success."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederi.../#eeaeea22576e

But then they say we need to give more money to Romney so he can...export more jobs?

Old 11-28-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lets look at point 4

what proof do you have that the US needs lower corp rates? for a start as soon as it was announced competing nations spoke of reducing their rates too, thus the US simply loses revenue and the shareholders end up as the only winners. and of course the only rate that matters is the effective rate which is already below 20%...

seems to me Pedro you dont understand this topic and are just echoing the party line. Everytime someone gets into numbers you run away and start talking about something else.

and by the way the richest americans have an effective tax rate less than 20% look it up. just google "effective tax rate of the wealthiest americans"

hang on I know you wont because you don't want to see REAL DATA.
so here i will search it FOR YOU!
That is because capital gains is taxed lower than income, which is ridiculous. A pure placation of Wall ST.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
seems to me Pedro you dont understand this topic and are just echoing the party line.
He's spouting the Globalist party line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
That is because capital gains is taxed lower than income, which is ridiculous. A pure placation of Wall ST.
This is how the Globalists help the coal miners.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:30 AM

9,893 posts, read 3,280,645 times
Quote:
CBO is a nonpartisan group.

CBO used math, you used nothing but insults thus your post is noise, CBO is all signal

ref the AMT bit, clearly you want to avoid paying taxes at all, thus your post reflects your self interest and nothing more.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't get it. Why are they against tax hikes on the Globalists? I thought the Globalists were the enemy. For example, they say Mitt Romney is a Globalist.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederi.../#eeaeea22576e

But then they say we need to give more money to Romney so he can...export more jobs?
The true ideology behind the GOP and their media talking heads is anti-government, anti-tax. They believe that things like Social Security and Medicare are abominations and we should go back to pre 1930's America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or