U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2017, 04:00 PM

28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
poor people don't pay taxes, how could any tax cut help them?
People who make $100,000 *do* pay taxes. And in some cases, those people will pay more in taxes so that Bill Gates can pay less.

That's the irony of this tax plan. It actually disadvantages voters in more upscale suburbs who tend to vote Republican.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...fZK/story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 04:11 PM

10,576 posts, read 4,414,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
People who make $100,000 *do* pay taxes. And in some cases, those people will pay more in taxes so that Bill Gates can pay less.

That's the irony of this tax plan. It actually disadvantages voters in more upscale suburbs who tend to vote Republican.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...fZK/story.html
Her I am in Deep Red Rowan County and my neighbors are going nuts, as they have figured out they will pay more.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:14 PM

20,750 posts, read 13,756,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
110k is no where near middle class. The medican family income is just over half that.
What it takes to be in the "middle class" (which is a construct by the way, not an actual thing easily measured), varies greatly by where one lives.

Here in NYC area yes, you need nearly one grand per to be considered "middle class" .

Are you in the US middle class? Try our income calculator | Pew Research Center

Things will vary by household size and a few other factors, but there you are then.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:17 PM

29,460 posts, read 15,444,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Didn't see this posted yet. seems Rs don't want to talk about this tax plan because it is clearly going to hurt millions while enriching those at the top the most and throwing a dry old bone to those on about 100k ..

The CBO says the poor , the low income and most of the middle will not do well out of this plan.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...inds/23289281/
So, you're upset someone else isn't paying significantly more than their "fair share" and now just more than their "fair share"?

If the middle class wants to pay less taxes, they need to vote for people who will spend less tax dollars.

It's really simple.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:21 PM

28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you're upset someone else isn't paying significantly more than their "fair share" and now just more than their "fair share"?

If the middle class wants to pay less taxes, they need to vote for people who will spend less tax dollars.

It's really simple.
Or they could simply vote anyone out of office who votes for this Globalist/Establishment Tax Cut.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Or they could simply vote anyone out of office who votes for this Globalist/Establishment Tax Cut.
People have been voting, for quite some time, for politicians who demand some people pay a ridiculous amount of tax dollars simply because they are very successful.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:03 PM

33,021 posts, read 13,934,881 times
Quote:

It's really simple.

Voters don't like spending cuts but they love tax cuts.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Voters don't like spending cuts but they love tax cuts.
Make them start writing a check each year to the IRS, and they will.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:32 PM

9,893 posts, read 3,275,730 times
Quote:
People have been voting, for quite some time, for politicians who demand some people pay a ridiculous amount of tax dollars simply because they are very successful.
BULL. I make some pretty good money and my taxes are very low. My guess is you have the worst tax attorneys in your state.

Frankly if you paying "a lot" you are doing it wrong.

I am not going to get into my finances but getting rid of estate taxes, AMT , keeping cap gains at 20 and both lowering and loosening pass trhough is a boon to the wealthy.

It is pure gold from goldman sach.

tax attorneys will be very very busy if this plan goes through because the world and it's dog are going to be setting up for it.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
BULL. I make some pretty good money and my taxes are very low. My guess is you have the worst tax attorneys in your state.

Frankly if you paying "a lot" you are doing it wrong.

I am not going to get into my finances but getting rid of estate taxes, AMT , keeping cap gains at 20 and both lowering and loosening pass trhough is a boon to the wealthy.

It is pure gold from goldman sach.

tax attorneys will be very very busy if this plan goes through because the world and it's dog are going to be setting up for it.
I'm not rich, so I'm not paying a ridiculous amount.

I am paying too much, and the absolute best tax attorney there is cant stop that without committing fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or