Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 01:22 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why do you want to penalize th wealthy so badly over jealousy?
Penalizing the Super Wealthy Globalists is in my interest. This is like asking "Why do you want to stop movie stars from taking all of the beautiful women?" You sound like the type of guy who would willingly hand your date over to Christian Bale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 01:26 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
lets look at point 4

what proof do you have that the US needs lower corp rates? for a start as soon as it was announced competing nations spoke of reducing their rates too, thus the US simply loses revenue and the shareholders end up as the only winners. and of course the only rate that matters is the effective rate which is already below 20%...

seems to me Pedro you dont understand this topic and are just echoing the party line. Everytime someone gets into numbers you run away and start talking about something else.

and by the way the richest americans have an effective tax rate less than 20% look it up. just google "effective tax rate of the wealthiest americans"

hang on I know you wont because you don't want to see REAL DATA.
so here i will search it FOR YOU!
So, you believ that if your state imposed a 30% tax on businesses, that wouldn't impact businesses staying or moving to your state?

Whenever I post the notion of reducing federal business taxes to zero and allowing the individual states to tax them, I constantly hear how that wouldn't be fair to states that would charge more and lead to a business stampede to low tax states.

It's also the same argument when I suggest each state has its own healthcare system. I hear people will run to states with good systems.

Both of those sentiments are true, and so is the fact that many companies move to countries that have lower costs of business, including taxes.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:27 PM

So are the Globalists heroes or villains? Why would any Trump supporter be in favor of giving more money to the people and companies that shipped all of our jobs to China? Nobody wants to answer this question.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
That is because capital gains is taxed lower than income, which is ridiculous. A pure placation of Wall ST.
Why not make investment income taxes at 75%?

Think of all the good that money could do right before people stop investing in the Aja's and move their investments to another country.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:29 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So are the Globalists heroes or villains?

Why would any Trump supporter be in favor of giving more money to the people and companies that shipped all of our jobs to China? ...
Now that's the question of the day.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Flat tax and the Fair Tax propisals would both hurt and and increase taxes on the middle class and more so working class Americans. Why, well there is money in peoole's pockets. That said both give far huger tax cuts to the rich than this Republican plan we see going up for a vote in both houses of Congress.
Ah, the old, "I want someone with more money than me to get soaked. Why should I pay when someone else can?" mantra.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Penalizing the Super Wealthy Globalists is in my interest. This is like asking "Why do you want to stop movie stars from taking all of the beautiful women?" You sound like the type of guy who would willingly hand your date over to Christian Bale.
Yes, I understand that you view other people's money as something you should control.

"They have too much. We should take it because they have too much."

Old 11-28-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Ah, the old, "I want someone with more money than me to get soaked. Why should I pay when someone else can?" mantra.
Yep. Sounds good to me. That's what the Globalists are saying.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, I understand that you view other people's money as something you should control.

"They have too much. We should take it because they have too much."
It's actually more like "Let's take it from the middle class because we don't have enough."

Old 11-28-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
So are the Globalists heroes or villains? Why would any Trump supporter be in favor of giving more money to the people and companies that shipped all of our jobs to China? Nobody wants to answer this question.
I constantly call for us to impose major tariffs on incoming goods.

Does that make me a globalist?

How about you, are you open to making the US trade isolated or are you a globalist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies