U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 11:14 AM

17,027 posts, read 13,589,935 times

Advertisements

I think the invite will go out, as young Harry would see protocol observed.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:14 AM

2,054 posts, read 1,088,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Trump is still working...even if he were invited, he'd probably have to decline to attend anyway.

Being an unemployed layabout existing on the taxpayer dole, however, Obama will have the time to go, if invited.

And there's your difference.
So he can take off work every weekend to go golfing but can't can't take off a few day to attend a wedding-right.

Obama is living off of his money and writing a book. Do you think that every former president is 'unemployed layabout existing on the taxpayer dole'?

It's funny how when it's speculated that Trump wouldn't be invited to the royal wedding, his supporters are all 'who cares about royalty, Harry and Meghan are lesser royals, Trump is working so hard he wouldn't have time to go, etc. If he were to be invited, they'd be singing a different tune.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:15 AM

3,249 posts, read 3,131,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
It is going to be at St Paul's Cathedral (a smaller venue), and non-traditional, which means likely that it will not be a state event. Given his tendency towards displaying untoward and uncouth behavior, it is not very likely that Trump will be invited. The guest list will likely include Trudeau, Macron, the Obamas, and others who developed more personal connections with Prince Harry. The list will likely include royal relatives from Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, Greece and Norway. I would not be surprised if Obama is part of the wedding party -say, best man. The bride's side is a guess - she was not part of the glitterati.
Actually the wedding will be held at St Georges chapel Windsor Castle. I think that you can safely say that Trump will not be invited. But of course he will say he was, but turned the invitation down.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:15 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,907,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Ms. Markle has been critical of Trump in the past. There is reason to believe that Harry is not a fan either.

They will probably cite "security concerns" as the reason for no invite.

Besides, by next spring I suspect Trump will have plenty to deal with without worrying about a wedding invite.
Good point, by that time his court-mandated ankle-bracelet may not allow him to leave his residence, much-less the country....

Old 11-28-2017, 11:17 AM

4,778 posts, read 1,779,321 times
Odds are that he will be playing golf. He does that far more often than any other person in his office even though he criticized others for it.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:17 AM

2,670 posts, read 890,213 times
I got to give credit where credit is due. Harry must be the only one with a brain out of that entire royal bunch of aholes. He's marrying a hot chick who's not white. That's a plus in my book! I'm sick and tired of those typical blond blue-eyed royal Brit women who think they are Gods gift to the world.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:20 AM

32,962 posts, read 19,922,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I got to give credit where credit is due. Harry must be the only one with a brain out of that entire royal bunch of aholes. He's marrying a hot chick who's not white. That's a plus in my book!
I think they are both slightly above average at best. Then again, it is just my opinion.

I don't care whom he married to. Both brothers are okay people, seem like. They’re young, (well, at least they are not over 40) moderately ok-looking, (average to slightly above average depends on the pictures) nice guys who have served honorably with the military… which goes a long way with a lot of Americans.

I don't think either one is that special.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:24 AM

19,424 posts, read 17,661,535 times
You know what would be really cool is if they invited Melania and Baron but told her to leave Donald home.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:27 AM

2,670 posts, read 890,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You know what would be really cool is if they invited Melania and Baron but told her to leave Donald home.
And you know what would be even really more cool, is if Trump was invited, went and had a great time. Then what would all you liberal yahoos say about it? Yeah, we know, you'd all pzzz and moan about what the first lady wore and all.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:30 AM

32,962 posts, read 19,922,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
According to the latest media reports Obama is to be invited to the Royal Wedding next year but Trump will not be invited.
well, I understand that to some people, Trump is the lead clown of a very undignified gong show, and conversation about him invariably includes eye-rolling and laughter.

However, he is STILL the president of the United States of America. I don't think the message they send out would be a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or