Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 06:35 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,711,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

I've been interested in the UK since I was a child. It does have a very interesting history and considering English countrymen helped to found this country, I don't think its quite a leap to understand why many Americans are interested in English history, culture and the monarchy.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean those of us who do are sheep. Get over yourself. Please.
Sure, I'm a history buff as well.

English tyrants helped to found this country, just to clarify your point.

Fawning adoration over remnants of passe' monarchical rulers is quite a leap, IMHO.

Of course everyone's opinion may vary.

You are free to return to your regularly scheduled coverage of the "Markle sparkle" the dialog of which seems to be something along the lines of...."baaaaa, baaaaaa, baaaaahhhhh, bleet"

CN

Last edited by Compression; 11-28-2017 at 06:45 AM..

Old 11-28-2017, 06:38 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
It is going to be a Royal Wessing, which usually means Westminster Abbey, although in Princess Diana's case it was St Paul's Cathedral.

It also means lots of pagentry, horses, soldiers, carriages with dignitaries and leaders from around the world. Prince Harry being a former Army Officer, and does some great charity work involving the military as well as heling to establish the Invictus Games.

So Trump's absence could be an embarrassment.
His response will be that he was invited, but declined. He wouldn't like it anyway since he hates horses, soldiers and foreign accents.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:44 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,711,508 times
Trump will be invited.

The irrelevant royals know that if Trump isn't invited, the most powerful man on earth will schedule some mischief to steal their thunder on the wedding day.

And I'm not necessarily saying that would be a bad thing.

CN

Old 11-28-2017, 06:50 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,770,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Why would Trump care?
Oh please, because he’s a thin skinned, narcissistic, infant in an adult body. Does America care, no. But it will chap Dear Leaders hide to no end to be snubbed. That makes me laugh.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:54 AM

23,446 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
No one cares, just entertainment channel watchers when the soap opera reruns aren't on.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:55 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,063,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Trump will be invited.

The irrelevant royals know that if Trump isn't invited, the most powerful man on earth will schedule some mischief to steal their thunder on the wedding day.

And I'm not necessarily saying that would be a bad thing.

CN
It would be a good day to blow away NK!

Old 11-28-2017, 06:55 AM

21,426 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It may have escaped your notice, but it seems to be very important to Trump that he appear to be universally adored. Being left off the guest list would be yet another glaring example of the fact that he is not.
Well, I seem to recall a few years ago all these people invited him to events and treated him like a human being at least. They were happy to take his money when he was supporting democrats.

As for this wedding, it may make Trump a little upset to not be invited, but who effing cares about a royal wedding anyway? It’s the most pompous and ridiculous thing. What makes that family so special that their countrymen are happy to give up taxpayer money to make them billionaires just for being descendants of a conqueror? They don’t appear to do anything anymore except PR. I just don’t get it. But hey, more power to them if they want to keep this tradition.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:00 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,563,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, I seem to recall a few years ago all these people invited him to events and treated him like a human being at least. They were happy to take his money when he was supporting democrats.

As for this wedding, it may make Trump a little upset to not be invited, but who effing cares about a royal wedding anyway? It’s the most pompous and ridiculous thing. What makes that family so special that their countrymen are happy to give up taxpayer money to make them billionaires just for being a descendant of a conqueror? They don’t appear to do anything anymore except PR. I just don’t get it. But hey, more power to them if they want to keep this tradition.
I was not aware that Trump gave money to any political parties in the UK. How interesting.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:00 AM

19,650 posts, read 9,192,474 times
ANOTHER possible consequence of a Trump presidency. I wouldn't blame the British royal family one bit if they refused to invite him.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:02 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
A little off topic, but does anyone else consider Harry and Meghan an odd match? They seem to have little in common, at least on the surface. Nevertheless, I wish them a long and happy marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.