U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 07:45 PM

7,156 posts, read 1,803,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
What I'm saying is that family stories when passed from generation to generation can become canon regardless of the truth, but let me reiterate that there is no scientific evidence refuting her family's story either. Everything is hearsay, including the claims that she lied.

On the other hand, Trump's family blatantly lied about their heritage in order to sustain their business in a time when anti-German sentiments were running high. And Donald was party to it.
What about a DNA test? Perhaps she has done one and it does not help her story.

So Donald's family lied because people were racist against them? Many jews changed their name for the same reason. Are they bad also?

Or its bad if you don't like their politics but they get the benefit of the doubt if you like their politics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 07:48 PM

17,086 posts, read 9,891,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
What about a DNA test? Perhaps she has done one and it does not help her story.

So Donald's family lied because people were racist against them? Many jews changed their name for the same reason. Are they bad also?

Or its bad if you don't like their politics but they get the benefit of the doubt if you like their politics?
I believe you were the one who brought up the issue of lying for personal gain in a previous post. Trump's family blatantly lied for personal gain. If Warren's claims to Native American ancestry are bad, then the Trump family's claim to Swedish ancestry to sustain their business interests is equally bad. The knife cuts both ways.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:49 PM

9,024 posts, read 2,789,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That is a lie.

They said the term and use of Pocahontas was not offensive, nor were they offended when the marines yelled Geronimo! Every time they jumped out of an aircraft.
From the Huffington Post:

Trump, who has identified Warren as “Pocahontas” before, made the remark during a ceremony Monday recognizing Native American code talkers who served during World War II.

“This was a day to honor them and to insert something like that, that belongs on the campaign trail, it doesn’t belong in the room when our war heroes are being honored,” Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye told CNN’s “New Day” on Tuesday. Navajo Nation Council Delegate Amber Kanazbah Crotty on Monday called Trump’s comment “deeply offensive and dangerous.”

So, no, it's not a lie.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:51 PM

15,419 posts, read 4,076,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
They lost. It's ours now.
Who is "ours"?

If those mormons want to feed cattle on your lot and bring lots of guns, is it "theirs" then?

The Romans and many others thought they had millions of acres sewn up. 1,000 years later and even 1500 years later they were unable to put together a functioning government...sounds a little like the USA. We are unable to solve the simplest problems.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:00 PM

7,156 posts, read 1,803,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I believe you were the one who brought up the issue of lying for personal gain in a previous post. Trump's family blatantly lied for personal gain. If Warren's claims to Native American ancestry are bad, then the Trump family's claim to Swedish ancestry to sustain their business interests is equally bad. The knife cuts both ways.
I am not a Trump fan at all but if I have to explain the obvious difference to you between countering racism and lying on a college application we have nothing more to say.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:02 PM

34,667 posts, read 29,036,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's always amusing to see there are still people who can't figure out what he really said. I pity those too dumb to get that the media edits and alters many of the things he says. Here's one who has completely overlooked the first 3 words of the "shoot someone" thing, those being, "They are saying....."

How sad to not be able to see past the nose on one's face or past the lies fed by the lying media.

And yeah, we're still laughing. I used to be a bit embarrassed by some of the stuff he said, but now I realize it's his way of poking idiots in the eye. I'm loving it.
I pity people so stupid they think that dumbass is qualified to run a country. He’s smarter than the people who idolize him, but not by much.

I’m not laughing, though. I’m wondering how so many simpletons made it through high school.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:03 PM

17,086 posts, read 9,891,093 times
Quote:
I am not a Trump fan at all but if I have to explain the obvious difference to you between countering racism and lying on a college application we have nothing more to say.
Where is your proof that she knew she was lying? There is no evidence either way of her ancestry. None. It's all hearsay. On the other hand, Trump, by his own admission, lied about being Swedish.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:05 PM

34,667 posts, read 29,036,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The left only minds when it is someone from the right who does the exact same thing. The left like the right can be very selective about their outrage and who they apply it to.
I don't know if the Native Americans were offended or not. The left seems to not care that Warren completely Bullsheeted about her alleged Native American ancestry.
Nope. If Trump had thought he was Native American and later found out he wasn’t, I would not care as long as he wasn’t still trying to convince me he was...or worse, convince me the evidence was “fake news.”

Old 11-28-2017, 08:08 PM

18,015 posts, read 8,940,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I pity people so stupid they think that dumbass is qualified to run a country. He’s smarter than the people who idolize him, but not by much.

I’m not laughing, though. I’m wondering how so many simpletons made it through high school.
I have two degrees, one of them Ivy League and a Masters, and not in Liberal Arts, but real pursuits, and I am a Trump supporter. Many of my friends that are well educated like him also. He isn't perfect. He tweets stupid stuff sometimes, but at least we aren't going down the Communist road as fast now. I'd rather have a business CEO run the country than some little radical community organizer with NO track record.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:08 PM

33,129 posts, read 13,979,928 times
Quote:
This never would have come up unless she brought it up. She used it to gain advantage as a politician, she believed at one point she was native american so why would she not use it to get into college?

She used it to get hired at Harvard and Penn, although she says she told them after she was hired which makes no sense at all.

Elizabeth Warren acknowledges telling Harvard, Penn of Native American status - The Boston Globe

https://www.politico.com/blogs/burns...f-color-123526
There were many very good reasons to elect her in Massachusetts other than her heritage, this was beaten to death by her senate opponent in the election. She didn't hide her Indian heritage, she just never used it to advantage. What proof that she was hired at Penn, Harvard or Texas, you are totally ignoring her extensive credentials.

Once again why is this brought up time after time in spite of the lack of evidence, are there no better issues to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or