Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 08:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were many very good reasons to elect her in Massachusetts other than her heritage, this was beaten to death by her senate opponent in the election. She didn't hide her Indian heritage, she just never used it to advantage. What proof that she was hired at Penn, Harvard or Texas, you are totally ignoring her extensive credentials.

Once again why is this brought up time after time in spite of the lack of evidence, are their no better issues to discuss.
Scott Brown. I blame all this ugliness on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 08:11 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I have two degrees, one of them Ivy League and a Masters, and not in Liberal Arts, but real pursuits, and I am a Trump supporter. Many of my friends that are well educated like him also. He isn't perfect. He tweets stupid stuff sometimes, but at least we aren't going down the Communist road as fast now. I'd rather have a business CEO run the country than some little radical community organizer with NO track record.
I would take Jamie Dimon, Warren Buffett or Bezos in a heart beat, he is not a business CEO.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:19 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Where is your proof that she knew she was lying? There is no evidence either way of her ancestry. None. It's all hearsay. On the other hand, Trump, by his own admission, lied about being Swedish.
What he did is worse because you don't like Trump. I get that.

Again DNA test. Ends all of this quickly. The fact that Warren has not produced one speaks volumes.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post

Again DNA test. Ends all of this quickly. The fact that Warren has not produced one speaks volumes.
You're right, I don't like Trump, but really this is about his hypocrisy, not the validity of the family's decision to hide their origins in Germany.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:25 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would take Jamie Dimon, Warren Buffett or Bezos in a heart beat, he is not a business CEO.
Well they are all FAR LEFTIES, so no surprise. Bezos also owns Washpo which is just a Democrat propaganda rag. Of course they would not use their business acumen to run the country, but instead engage in left wing social engineering, more wealth redistribution through more taxation, and other stuff that would bankrupt their companies, but its OK for the U.S. Just raise taxes, Hey its all good.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post

So she needs to do a DNA test because it's important to who, this is no different than the Trumps claim of Obama's birthplace. These are the issues that distract us from intelligent debate, she doesn't have to prove anything or will that be the standard for every politician.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:27 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I can turn this around on you:

Right wing ragers are were in a frenzy over Sen. Elizabeth Warren's claims to be part Native American heritage; however, are totally cool with the President of the United States using the name of a famous Native American to denigrate Warren in front of Native American honorees.
No I'm impressed that Pocahontas made up this Indian lie and parlayed it into a Harvard Professor and now Senator gig...kudos Pocahontas. I give her points for taken advantage of the gullible but I have to admit this calls into question her qualification since she got where she got as a diversity hire. She has advanced racism by stealing this job from a more deserving Indian.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:30 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You're right, I don't like Trump, but really this is about his hypocrisy, not the validity of the family's decision to hide their origins in Germany.
I don't like either party at all but did Trump play up being Swedish when he ran for office? I do remember Warren playing the Native American card. I know you like her because she might possibly be Native American. Can't prove she is isn't.

We need better people running for office. Neither the Dems or GOP seem to be able to produce anything good at all. Until we get more political parties to compete with the above this sort of meaningless dialogue will continue.

I don't care if someone is left or right but don't support the DEM's or GOP. Think outside the box. It is time.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well they are all FAR LEFTIES, so no surprise. Bezos also owns Washpo which is just a Democrat propaganda rag. Of course they would not use their business acumen to run the country, but instead engage in left wing social engineering, more wealth redistribution through more taxation, and other stuff that would bankrupt their companies, but its OK for the U.S. Just raise taxes, Hey its all good.
Jamie Dimon, and Buffett are not far left. Just about any CEO would be an improvement. Trump was never, ever in the category of a respected businessman,

Old 11-28-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No I'm impressed that Pocahontas made up this Indian lie and parlayed it into a Harvard Professor and now Senator gig...kudos Pocahontas. I give her points for taken advantage of the gullible but I have to admit this calls into question her qualification since she got where she got as a diversity hire. She has advanced racism by stealing this job from a more deserving Indian.
Oh Okay, maybe you want to back that up with some facts before you disappear once again as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies