U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 08:36 PM

653 posts, read 374,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am not a Trump fan at all but if I have to explain the obvious difference to you between countering racism and lying on a college application we have nothing more to say.
She never put it on a college application.

But whether or not she is 1/32 Native American isn't the issue. During an event meant to honor Navajo Code Talkers, Trump or his staff set up the shot to have Andrew Trail of Tears Jackson prominently displayed behind the honorees and then linked these Navajo heroes to Pocahontas and a conspiracy theory about a rival Democrat. It was so full-scale imbecilic that Trump briefly turned plaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 08:54 PM

7,140 posts, read 1,793,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
She never put it on a college application.

But whether or not she is 1/32 Native American isn't the issue. During an event meant to honor Navajo Code Talkers, Trump or his staff set up the shot to have Andrew Trail of Tears Jackson prominently displayed behind the honorees and then linked these Navajo heroes to Pocahontas and a conspiracy theory about a rival Democrat. It was so full-scale imbecilic that Trump briefly turned plaid.
We don't know if she did, she says she did not but was very opportunistic about here supposed heritage so I personally would assume she used it at every single opportunity. Proof that she did not.

Look at this:

https://www.politico.com/blogs/burns...f-color-123526

If she is a woman of color then I am a man of color.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:56 PM

33,054 posts, read 13,951,089 times
Quote:
We don't know if she did, she says she did not but was very opportunistic about here supposed heritage so I personally would assume she used it at every single opportunity. Proof that she did not.

Look at this:

https://www.politico.com/blogs/burns...f-color-123526

If she is a woman of color then I am a man of color.
Your assumptions are lacking in facts.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:03 PM

34,639 posts, read 28,997,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I have two degrees, one of them Ivy League and a Masters, and not in Liberal Arts, but real pursuits, and I am a Trump supporter. Many of my friends that are well educated like him also. He isn't perfect. He tweets stupid stuff sometimes, but at least we aren't going down the Communist road as fast now. I'd rather have a business CEO run the country than some little radical community organizer with NO track record.
I wasn’t talking about anyone specifically, but congrats on your educational endeavors.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:36 PM

25,884 posts, read 39,178,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yesterday President Trump referred to leftist fanatic Congressman Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas", a reference to her pretending she had Indian ancestry when she didn't, to get various jobs and admittance under racial "affirmative Action" programs.

In referring to it (as many people call her "Fauxcahontas"), he was reminding people of her duplicity.

Liberals in the media immediately ginned up their usual "outrage", claiming the remark was somehow "offensive" or "racist". Despite the fact that it was Warren herself who told people she was an Indian.

But none of them seemed to mind her actually faking her ancestry.

When people point out the truth about their lies, liberals are far more outraged than they are over the fact that they lied themselves.

And the liberals still can't figure out why nobody listens to them or takes them seriously any more.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack - CNNPolitics
Amen! MAGA!

Old 11-28-2017, 09:41 PM

17,806 posts, read 8,894,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I wasn’t talking about anyone specifically, but congrats on your educational endeavors.
Just trying to show that the Democrat/Media narrative that all Trump supporters are uneducated, knuckle draggers is totally false. And thank you by the way.

Trump gives a LOT of ammunition to his detractors, and says, and tweets some really stupid stuff, but the bottom line is I like his agenda a lot more than Hillary's.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:43 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,431,023 times
Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai, a real Indian and U.S. Senate candidate and a guy with four degrees from M.I.T., sent Pocahontas a gift, a DNA test kit.

She did not send a thank you note.

She probably couldn't understand the instructions. I believe they were written in Native American.

https://mobile.twitter.com/va_shiva/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Old 11-29-2017, 04:25 AM

18,927 posts, read 6,881,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai, a real Indian and U.S. Senate candidate and a guy with four degrees from M.I.T., sent Pocahontas a gift, a DNA test kit.

She did not send a thank you note.

She probably couldn't understand the instructions. I believe they were written in Native American.

https://mobile.twitter.com/va_shiva/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Wrong type of Indian, and again, why would Warren dignify her attackers? Obama did, and it made things worse, as you guys all claimed the birth certificate was a fake. Plus dignifying your attackers makes you lose the moral high ground

Old 11-29-2017, 04:28 AM

19,717 posts, read 11,569,359 times
Anyone else notice that when Trump makes a statement that causes a controversy, his cult cover for him by claiming "it was a joke" when it wasn't intended as a joke?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:34 AM

7,021 posts, read 4,972,611 times
Quote:
He was slurring a white women who lied and said she was native.

She gets a pass. She lied and used benefits set aside for groups like Native Americans for her own personal gain and the left has no problem with that.

So sensitive we are now. Well not all of us but the far left. I do have issues with Trump but this is a nothing burger.

The left has to stop crying wolf every time the want to say Trump is saying something horrible. All you hear after a while is white noise.
So now you are trying to twist it that using a slur is OK, as long as you don't point it at the person who the stereotype represents.

It would be like giving a speech at the Black Music Awards (or whatever) and making a reference about how Justin Bieber acts like an N-word. Then trying to justify it by saying "I was only insulting Bieber, the fact that I use your entire race as an analogy for a derogatory description doesn't count, since I didn't say it about you".

You guys quit defending it. Own it. You all don't have a problem with people being racist, unless you perceive it to be against whites. You all feel that "we took it from them fair and square. It's ours now, not yours. Get over it." Don't believe me, just read the comments in this discussion.

Unfortunately, I think Trump is perhaps the last nail in the coffin that contains what was once American Values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or