U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2017, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,586 posts, read 6,693,745 times
Reputation: 5677

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No need for profanity. Using abbreviations to skirt past the profanity filters is not proper use on this forum.
Wasn't profanity, you just don't want to address what the content of my post was, because it properly discredits your lame post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2017, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
13,492 posts, read 5,441,389 times
Reputation: 5279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Yesterday President Trump referred to leftist fanatic Congressman Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas", a reference to her pretending she had Indian ancestry when she didn't, to get various jobs and admittance under racial "affirmative Action" programs.

In referring to it (as many people call her "Fauxcahontas"), he was reminding people of her duplicity.

Liberals in the media immediately ginned up their usual "outrage", claiming the remark was somehow "offensive" or "racist". Despite the fact that it was Warren herself who told people she was an Indian.

But none of them seemed to mind her actually faking her ancestry.

When people point out the truth about their lies, liberals are far more outraged than they are over the fact that they lied themselves.

And the liberals still can't figure out why nobody listens to them or takes them seriously any more.

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack - CNNPolitics
All of “the liberals” are the same and have the same beliefs.

*cough*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,715 posts, read 9,333,755 times
Reputation: 5228
why the hell is he calling her Pocahantus at that ceremony?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 01:16 PM
 
9,963 posts, read 4,570,091 times
Reputation: 15135
what warren did or did not do, not a reflection of trump

what trump did is a reflection of the US by virtue of the office

I mind what trump said because I expect the president to have more class than to make jokes of that fashion

same reason I would find it in poor taste if trump made farting noises because he thought people would laugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,715 posts, read 9,333,755 times
Reputation: 5228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Then I guess the Disney Pocahontas franchise must be racist or something, right?
maybe.. Walt Disney has a terrible history with racism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Jersey City
2,666 posts, read 968,238 times
Reputation: 1882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's one thing to relate anecdotal stories that family members related to you, in private conversations with friends and family. It's quite another to knowingly use unverified, undocumented stories from grandma and grandpa on official documents, so you can receive preferential treatment.

I would hazard to guess that every family has it's share of anecdotal stories surrounding the possible origins and life experiences of their ancestors. However, until you can back them up with documented proof, they are nothing but anecdotal stories, not facts.
Define the preferential treatment she received. So far, the evidence I've seen is her contribution of two recipes to that Native American recipe book. Perhaps she received pecuniary gain from that?

Other than that, I'm not seeing it. Harvard was criticized for its lack of diversity, so it listed her as among their "minority staff members" or some such designation. Yes, they had to get that information from her I'm sure. But where was the preferential treatment in such designation? What benefit did she receive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,703 posts, read 21,584,475 times
Reputation: 21367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Define the preferential treatment she received. So far, the evidence I've seen is her contribution of two recipes to that Native American recipe book. Perhaps she received pecuniary gain from that?

Other than that, I'm not seeing it. Harvard was criticized for its lack of diversity, so it listed her as among their "minority staff members" or some such designation. Yes, they had to get that information from her I'm sure. But where was the preferential treatment in such designation? What benefit did she receive?
So you think Harvard approached her and asked if they could list her as a minority to improve their diversity standing?
I dont know if she did or did not receive any perks for being a minority. I do know that being a minority gets you advantages in such things as hiring, promotions and contracts in government and educational entities. Otherwise we would not have a designation and points given for being a minority. The fact that she would take advantage of this untruth speaks to her character. Why is this not considered racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 02:25 PM
 
Location: NYC
1,814 posts, read 1,692,131 times
Reputation: 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
You mean, it was offensive for Warren to tell people she was an Indian?

Or offensive for the President to point out the truth: That she had called herself an Indian?



These disgruntled liberal losers are SO confused and miserable.....

You completely fail to realize that Elizabeth Warren has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with honoring native american code breakers at a state ceremony. The only person confused here is yourself and Trump. Like deeply confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2017, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Jersey City
2,666 posts, read 968,238 times
Reputation: 1882
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you think Harvard approached her and asked if they could list her as a minority to improve their diversity standing?
I dont know if she did or did not receive any perks for being a minority. I do know that being a minority gets you advantages in such things as hiring, promotions and contracts in government and educational entities. Otherwise we would not have a designation and points given for being a minority. The fact that she would take advantage of this untruth speaks to her character. Why is this not considered racist?
I don't know how they acquired that information but they did tout her lineage in response to criticism. See quote below this paragraph. As Trevor Noah stated, it really shows just how white Harvard is that they advertised Warren as a minority.

Quote:
The Boston Herald reported in April that Warren had listed herself as a minority in the American Association of Law Schools directory and that Harvard Law School had touted her supposed lineage when the program faced doubts about faculty diversity.
2012 Post article which references it.

Retelling your family's oral history, and believing that that she's part Native American speaks to her character? and what?..makes her a racist? Explain how "she took advantage of an untruth". How so? There's no evidence she used it in job or school applications. Just blindly repeating that she LIED and it "speaks to her character" doesn't make it so. When you make an assertion you better be able to back up your point.

It's amazing that after having multiple exchanges with different CD users I can't get a straight answer out of any of you of what benefit Warren received that made what Warren did here that's morally reprehensible. You can't even explain what she supposedly took advantage of, other than that you seem to believe that minorities generally get benefits in life the rest of us don't. Which is preposterous.

At worst, she listed herself as a Cherokee in that book "Pow Wow Chow", which was tacky to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top