Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 08:36 PM

25,344 posts, read 18,496,433 times

Advertisements

If it weren't for those "rural threats," her ass would be starving to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 06:33 AM

14,894 posts, read 8,514,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Trump is crazy, but that's a different topic.

Let's take a deeper look at the right-wing hypocrisy on the economy. Everywhere you turn, right-wing Trump-lovers insanely blame Obama for "crashing the economy." They conveniently forget that the economy peaked in 2006 to 2007 and the markets crashed in October, 2008, which is before the election was decided, much less before Obama was in office. So, it is an outright lie to blame Obama for the economic crash, not that right-wingers care about telling the truth anyway.
I don’t expect you to agree with what I’m about to say, because it’s beyond your scope of understanding. This is meant for those reading along who might error in believing there is an iota of merit in your very skewed view of reality.

The “crash” you speak of occurring in 2008 was a direct result of the repeal of Glass Steagle, which was passed by a democrat congress, and signed into law by Bill Clinton. Those against this bill predicted that inevitable outcome to a tee. Of course there were Republicans that went along with it too .... but the opposition to this this foolish course of action were conservatives, who knew exactly why this measure was desired by the big banker gangster mob, and what would surely happen. And of course, they were absolutely correct.

Quote:
Meanwhile, with the economy humming along after 8+ years have passed since the crash, we're now somehow to believe that Trump - a screwball who's done nothing of value in his first year of office - deserves credit? Again, completely absurd and more partisan nonsense from the far-right.
Humming right along? My God, what a stupid thing to say! The economic numbers under Obama were horrible .... totally stagnant... the worst job and economic growth numbers of any president since Jimmy Carter, while spending shot through the roof, doubling the rate of federal spending of George W Bush, who was himself, an unmitigated disaster.

But you claim Trump has done nothing of value? This is why liberals are such a disaster to our nation. Trump has made more positive economic moves in his first year than any president I can recall, in spite of the massive net negative damage caused by 8 years of stagnation, astronomical doubling of the national debt by the Marxist-In-Chief. Furthermore, he’s had little support, even from his own party, as “establishment” RINOS have stonewalled him at every turn, starting from the primaries, throughout his run, and dragging their feet after the election. It has been Trump’s individual actions ... like pulling us out of the Paris Climate Accords ... killing the Trans Pacific Partnership, and renegotiating NAFTA, among other actions that have caused an almost immediate positive economic turn. The impending proposed Tax cuts will supercharge those actions, if the dumbed down public doesn’t allow the “Establishment” to thwart and derail Trump with these bogus Russian Collusion hoaxes.

Quote:
The reality is that in BOTH cases the economy was heavily determined by what came before the president in question took office. I know that's a hard concept for right-wingers to grasp, especially while they are busy "right-washing" history, but those are the facts.
Economic booms and recessions do follow engineered cycles, and more often than not, are experienced years after the initial causes, and are rarely associated with the individual actions of a president. This is why so many can never put 2+2 together, failing to understand the manipulation (as exemplified by the 2008 crash, tied directly to events years before, under Bill Clinton, but primarily due to acts of congress). But there are actions which a president can take to prevent such things .... just as Clinton could have vetoed (but didn’t) the repeal of Glass Steagle.

Quote:
What I look forward to is the attempts to blame Obama for the next recession the nation faces. We all know it'll happen - everything bad that ever happened is "Obama's fault," while Trump is a "real patriot who cares about the American people." Sure he is...
So long as the banker gangsters maintain their grip on the strings of our economy, we shall be vulnerable to their engineered cycles of booms and busts. It’s a sophisticated system of “economic farming” of wealth consolidation. The only measures we can take to prevent that is to elect people to office who have the country’s best interests at heart, rather than their own. Those types have been rare .... but Trump is definitely one of them, which explains why the establishment crowd has left no effort behind in their attempts to destroy him.

If there is any legitimate criticism of Trump, it would be the error of grossly underestimating the strength of numbers and identities of the forces against him.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:54 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,748,555 times
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Trump is crazy, but that's a different topic.

Let's take a deeper look at the right-wing hypocrisy on the economy. Everywhere you turn, right-wing Trump-lovers insanely blame Obama for "crashing the economy." They conveniently forget that the economy peaked in 2006 to 2007 and the markets crashed in October, 2008, which is before the election was decided, much less before Obama was in office. So, it is an outright lie to blame Obama for the economic crash, not that right-wingers care about telling the truth anyway.

Meanwhile, with the economy humming along after 8+ years have passed since the crash, we're now somehow to believe that Trump - a screwball who's done nothing of value in his first year of office - deserves credit?
That's how you see it because you live in a bubble, completely disconnected from reality. You're still waiting for a Russia connection after more than a year of investigations turning up nothing, right?

Again, I have to pretext my message that I didn't vote for Trump, because many of you only see things in black and white, one or the other, us versus them. There is no middle ground for zealots, and sadly this is what the left (sadly many on the right as well) has become.

Trump could walk on water and MSM would ridicule him for polluting the water and the left would hit the forums with the news.

Sorry, what I said had far more basis in fact than your petty regurgitation of tribal memes.

It's important to understand what people with independent minds think of how the left is acting and we see people who obviously don't care about how absolutely bonkers they sound.

So, with that said, I guess you believe that rural Americans are a threat to your America, huh?

Last edited by steven_h; 12-11-2017 at 05:12 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 07:54 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,332,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
You pretty much described what I was discussing. My post is purposely "broad based" because I was pointing out the distinct tendency of conservatives to choose technical fields and and to avoid the liberal arts and social sciences, and to discredit information that is derived by human observation.

As an independent college advisor, I have clients who span the political spectrum. Conservative parents prefer polytechnic institutes, and universities that offer nursing, health informatics,physical therapy etc.

I'll add another, they are open to large state universities (one would think they would want to stick to the private sector) and religiously oriented schools. Some favorites - Purdue, Clemson, Notre Dame, Concordia, (all of the Concordias) Duquesne, University of Dallas, Baylor and Southern Methodist.

And engineers do not deal in shades of grey nor does the typical engineer study much philosophy,English Literature, History or Philosophy.

Engineers are required to take English/ writing and history classes, and electives in arts and humanities.

I don't understand why you would assert why conservatives in technical fields would 'discredit information that is derived by human observation'. Can you give an example of this?

Old 12-13-2017, 08:25 PM

346 posts, read 460,427 times
I'm a "flaming liberal", and I say, Who the ***** is Joy Reid?

Old 12-14-2017, 12:11 AM

30,596 posts, read 21,763,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I love it when the big city liberals start in with this. Do they really not realize that rural and urban MUST coexist? From farmers to truckers to oil and gas lines and water supply, people like Joy would be in huge trouble without the rural. Same thing goes in the opposite direction. WTF is the matter with people? (Don't answer. Completely rhetorical. Too many people are stupid - whether rural or urban.)
They apparently don't need the police, the military, or those of us that work in Defense. All who voted for Trump by a wide margin. Try getting by without us

Old 12-14-2017, 12:16 AM

30,596 posts, read 21,763,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The left seem to like to attack the constitution.
In addition to burning the flag, insulting our police and the military.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:22 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,296,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As somebody who lives in rural America (in the South), I can say this is not far from the truth. Most people here want a right-wing Baptist theocracy where homosexuality is illegal and young earth creationism is taught in public school science classes. They only support things like free speech and free press when it benefits them and they want to restrict opposing viewpoints from getting the same treatment. Their ideal society is something that isn't far off from "A Handmaid's Tale." The only "rights" they support are gun rights.

This is the Internet so I have to say that of course, I know that not EVERYONE who lives in rural America think like this. However, this worldview is quite common.

Not in the South I have lived in all of my life, the rural South. Of course, it is convenient to blame things on a group of people. We have all been looking for scapegoats forever. The South is a diverse region with people from all walks of life and all backgrounds. I personally know no one who wants homosexuality to be illegal or creationism to be taught in public school. You must have found or imagine you found the truly right wing residents of your area. Look around and actually get to know your neighbors. More than likely, there are some truly left wing residents around too.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:33 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,296,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
So you're cool with him being a U.S. senator in the meantime? His alleged sexual assault notwithstanding, he's certainly guilty of defying federal law, which should automatically disqualify him from serving in the federal government. The fact that he's likely to win is just one of MANY reasons why people look down on rural America.
He didn't win did he? Alabama is not the cesspool many of you ignorant, biased people believe it to be. As far as the poster who claimed rural Southerners don't know the Constitution, how narrow minded can you be? I live in Alabama and I have two advanced degrees. I am surrounded by educated people. The farmers that live near me can buy and sell most people many times over and all of their children have advanced degrees. I guess it makes people feel better about themselves and their pathetic lives to look down on that which they know little about. Get out of the city, and you might just be surprised at what and who you find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies