Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 03:54 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
As somebody who lives in rural America (in the South), I can say this is not far from the truth. Most people here want a right-wing Baptist theocracy where homosexuality is illegal and young earth creationism is taught in public school science classes. They only support things like free speech and free press when it benefits them and they want to restrict opposing viewpoints from getting the same treatment. Their ideal society is something that isn't far off from "A Handmaid's Tale." The only "rights" they support are gun rights.

This is the Internet so I have to say that of course, I know that not EVERYONE who lives in rural America think like this. However, this worldview is quite common.
You live in Oklahoma. Your family is not representative of all rural Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 03:54 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Have to agree to a point. Funny thing is, for some reason they want to think it's all Christians who voted for Trump. I'm a country loving, horseback riding, dog loving, moonshine drinking kind of girl who is actually an atheist. I have been a long time democrat, but when I seen that they were trying to push legislation to push the rural and farm home owners off their lands to make wave for huge gated communities, plus take away my guns so I can't defend myself out here in the middle of nowhere, I had to tell the dems to F off, and I voted for Trump.
Nobody took away your guns. Rural paranoia.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:55 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The rural part of the country usually contains very extreme and stupid groups whose ideology would destroy the country, US is not alone in that. Just look at communism, it was solidified at the rural areas.

Youse guys will never learn. Calling citizens stupid is such a liberal thing to do. Not very tolerant, are you?

Old 11-28-2017, 03:57 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Holy Crap! The sheer, undiluted hatred of men, of whites, of gun owners, of those who are rural, of those who live in the south is stunning. I can't believe what I am reading in thread after thread on this site. People like you ^^^^ slither throughout the Internet, throughout the media, throughout politics, throughout our education system, and are the real problem in this country. I can see it in faces, in voices, in "jokes", in writing. You're eat up with hate.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:57 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
This racist/sexist chick is still butt hurt over Trump winning.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:58 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Progressives HATE this concept which is the basis for the American Republic, because they hate America, and its values which are largely rural. Self sufficiency, helping your neighbor, hard work, supporting your military, paying your taxes, keeping your family together, honesty. All values that Progressive despise.
Well, I prefer to pay less taxes, to be honest. But yes, everything else I agree. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:59 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You serious? Conservatives fight tooth and nail for the right for businesses to fire somebody for being gay yet throw a huge fit when A&E cancels Duck Dynasty because of Phil Robertson's homophobia. Or how about the fact that businesses being able to deny service to LGBT individuals is a huge deal in rural America yet they want laws to prevent Target from allowing transgender customers to use the bathroom of the gender in which they identify? Furthermore, you want fundamentalist Christianity to be endorsed and promoted by the state, but as soon as something like the Buddhist Temple wants to erect a monument you throw a big fit. You can't have it both ways!
This post, along with Joy Reid's remark, illustrate why the liberals have lost--and continue to lose--credibility and followers. It paints with the broadest paint brush and uses the most exaggerated and out-dated stereotypes of conservatives, libertarians, and independents. Seems like a few George Soros-paid posters here remain dialed back to the 1980s. Being out-of-touch has become the new mark of liberals and the politicians they continue to support (like Nancy Pelosi).

Joy Reid can keep spouting that nonsense. It will only prove to more and more Americans that the liberal agenda is highly anti-Constitutional and anti-United States.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:05 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, I prefer to pay less taxes, to be honest. But yes, everything else I agree. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Oh, I agree. However, we do need essential services like national defense, and secure borders, and rural Americans have always supported that by paying their fair share.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:06 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,672,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks that rural Americans are “the core threat to our democracy” and pointed to a series of tweets by liberal author Jared Yates Sexton that claimed Trump supporters “do not believe in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're advantageous” as proof of her far-left theory.

She tweeted: "This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have disproportionate power over the urban majority."

Anti-Trump MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are 'core threat' to democracy | Fox News

"Rural Americans" = white people who do not adhere to the progressive ideology.
"MSNBC host Joy Reid.." Man the nonsense on here is nearing the realm of the total absurd. Acting as though Joy Reid's "opinion" bears much weight in the circles of power only demonstrates the severe limits of brainpower at work. I guess we should just come here every day with stupid statements made buy libs or cons and then, by extension smear each along with an entire group..

Old 11-28-2017, 04:07 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
This post, along with Joy Reid's remark, illustrate why the liberals have lost--and continue to lose--credibility and followers. It paints with the broadest paint brush and uses the most exaggerated and out-dated stereotypes of conservatives, libertarians, and independents. Seems like a few George Soros-paid posters here remain dialed back to the 1980s. Being out-of-touch has become the new mark of liberals and the politicians they continue to support (like Nancy Pelosi).

Joy Reid can keep spouting that nonsense. It will only prove to more and more Americans that the liberal agenda is highly anti-Constitutional and anti-United States.
Oklahoma lawmakers upset about plans for ‘festivus pole’ at state capitol | KFOR.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies