U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 09:54 PM

12,253 posts, read 18,012,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
That child must be huge, my children were not that big at 10 months.

PS ~~ referring to someone as stupid in an open thread is well.....
Well..if the shoe fits..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 06:42 AM

19,823 posts, read 19,921,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I could deal with #23. She's fine. The rest....baaaah!

Proves the point, doesn't it?
It has nothing to do with breastfeeding in public

Old 12-04-2017, 07:45 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,553,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Any time you equate feeding a baby with body waste elimination, you lose any credibility you had regarding this topic. They are not the same, and it's absurd to pretend they are. Unless you are suggesting that no one can eat or drink anything in public, and everyone has to retire some special room specifically designed for eating? No, I didn't think you were. Baby humans are people. They are allowed to eat wherever other people are allowed to eat.
In your opinion which, with a $1.99 will buy a cup of coffee.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:47 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,553,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1 View Post
not with your boobs hanging out, uncovered. Nobody has a problem with breastfeeding in public, but this woman was purposely flaunting it to get a reaction, then posted it on social media. Use a towel!
^^^this^^^

Old 12-04-2017, 08:20 AM

21,180 posts, read 11,808,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
In your opinion which, with a $1.99 will buy a cup of coffee.
Nope, it's also the law in California*, where Disneyland is located, not an opinion. Anywhere a woman is legally allowed to be, she's legally allowed to breastfeed. So the right is actually broader, because there could be places where adults are not allowed to eat, but a woman would be allowed to breastfeed.

* It's the law in most states.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_5637301.html

Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 AM

17,846 posts, read 8,903,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post

I was trying to be funny. Did you see the Smiley? Don't Progressives have a sense of humor? Actually they don't.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:44 AM

21,945 posts, read 21,743,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Actually it has everything to do with it IMO. The offense is obviously not at seeing a female breast as we are exposed to as much on a daily basis if we leave the house or turn on the TV.

I think many can not reconcile that the function of the breast is to provide nourishment for babies and not for use as sexual fun bags. We have a difficult time separating the two. Most of us grew up with bottle feeding the acceptable norm and many of us never actually saw a nursing mother until the fairly recent push and comeback of breast feeding. I suppose offense, outrage, mocking and belittling and even the "let me tell you how it should be done" are our natural coping mechanisms unfortunately.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:53 AM

4,427 posts, read 1,649,750 times
Whether someone agrees or not, female breasts are secondary sex organs. This is a fact!

Now, not everyone in the open public will understand the concept of "secondary", so they might see it as exposing a sexual organ, and hence the backlash by some people.

Since the baby needs feeding, the mom naturally will do whatever she can. So, it's not wrong to publicly breast feed in my opinion; however, they do sell breast feeding bibs that many women use to cover. I think it only looks decent, and ads value and respect to your own image. But then again, it's a choice. Feel free to use it or not.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:10 AM

79,346 posts, read 33,653,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Actually it has everything to do with it IMO. The offense is obviously not at seeing a female breast as we are exposed to as much on a daily basis if we leave the house or turn on the TV.

I think many can not reconcile that the function of the breast is to provide nourishment for babies and not for use as sexual fun bags. We have a difficult time separating the two. Most of us grew up with bottle feeding the acceptable norm and many of us never actually saw a nursing mother until the fairly recent push and comeback of breast feeding. I suppose offense, outrage, mocking and belittling and even the "let me tell you how it should be done" are our natural coping mechanisms unfortunately.
There most certainly is a sexual element to breasts. It's all tied in together.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:11 AM

4,427 posts, read 1,649,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
She's not breast feeding using her genitals. She's using her breasts... which are there for... breastfeeding.

I'll admit that I'm not fond of watching people go full-boobs out to nurse, but hey... it's one of the most natural things a mother can do, feeding her kid.... and kids have to eat at inconvenient times now and then.

Disney is cool with it.
Disney may be cool with it, and I am cool with it too because it's a natural need of the baby. But then Disney has also tried to take care of it in a more decent and respectful way.

Have you been to Disney, if not, have you read this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have been to Disney, and they have "baby stations". I have also seen mothers discreetly nursing their babies sitting with their backs to the crowds.

They have nursing rooms with chairs and many other amenities: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...lost-children/

We went to Disney World when our youngest was 15 months old the first time. These centers are VERY nice. We had to go to change our son, both diapers and clothing as needed. Sometimes we had to get out of line and take care of it. That is part of what parenting entails. Also, this kid should be on a schedule and looked old enough to wait.

It is women like this who take them out and display them that make it hard for others. This was really gross, not the nursing, the mother herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies