U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-29-2017, 04:30 AM
 
Location: Ohio
15,159 posts, read 13,423,732 times
Reputation: 20593

Advertisements

She could have taken care of her child without posting a picture like that on the internet, a very low class and trashy thing to do IMO.


Can you imagine being 12 years old and having your friends find that picture and send it around for everyone at school to see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2017, 05:29 AM
 
Location: USA
17,692 posts, read 8,854,347 times
Reputation: 13211
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly. She was taking care of her child.

If you don't like the sight of it, look away.
Hmmm, that's what I said about the Confederate Statues. Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 05:37 AM
 
3,936 posts, read 2,211,567 times
Reputation: 6114
People keep going on about the kid being too old to be breastfeeding... he is 10 months old. I swear people on this forum have no clue about life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 06:00 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,531,772 times
Reputation: 15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have been to Disney, and they have "baby stations". I have also seen mothers discreetly nursing their babies sitting with their backs to the crowds.

They have nursing rooms with chairs and many other amenities: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gue...lost-children/

We went to Disney World when our youngest was 15 months old the first time. These centers are VERY nice. We had to go to change our son, both diapers and clothing as needed. Sometimes we had to get out of line and take care of it. That is part of what parenting entails. Also, this kid should be on a schedule and looked old enough to wait.

It is women like this who take them out and display them that make it hard for others. This was really gross, not the nursing, the mother herself.
Didn't you get the memo? Parents aren't supposed to sacrifice anything they want just because they spawned...
I can't count how many things we as parents had to alter, how many plans we had to scrap midway through or how many things we just flat out gave up on doing because we had a child that needed something that conflicted with what we wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 06:10 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,531,772 times
Reputation: 15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
When she's done, does she just tuck em in her jeans??
Thanks, now I've got to clean the coffee off my keyboard and screen... ROFLMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 06:13 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,531,772 times
Reputation: 15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That's just flat nasty man. lol...Thanks for the nightmares I'm sure to have tonight. Doesn't that kid look a bit...large to be hanging on the udder or am I just seeing things? Looks to me like he's a bit past weening age and somebody forgot to stick him in a separate corral.
Damn, I'm going to run out of paper towels cleaning up spit coffee. Maybe I should wrap my system in saran wrap before I keep reading this thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 06:15 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,531,772 times
Reputation: 15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nope.


I maintain my argument that if I cant pee outside without it being defined as indecent exposure, then she cant breast feed in public.
Fair argument. Don't forget being put on the Sex Offender registry as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
3,368 posts, read 1,795,181 times
Reputation: 11446
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
And we wonder why women have such low self esteem and body issues. Some people need to grow up and stop being so judgmental.
She is the one putting herself out there. If she doesn't want to be judged she should try to cover up a little. She is getting the attention she clearly looked for, negative or positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 06:22 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,531,772 times
Reputation: 15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Comments like that make me wonder if the reaction would have been a bit less intense if she had been a bit thinner and more conventionally "pretty."

I get that some people are uncomfortable with seeing a mother nursing a baby in public. What I don't get is acting like it's some kind of pornography, or heaping disapproval on the mother in question because she doesn't look like a fashion model.

Updating this, as I have finished reading the thread.

Ya'll know what's ugly? It isn't that woman's breasts, it's all the nasty comments about how droopy they are or how fat she is.

I'm glad people think breasts are sexy, but that is not their primary function. It's a side benefit. They exist as a food delivery system for infants of all mammals, human women included. If it makes you uneasy, okay, fine. But that is no reason to disparage this woman's looks, or to say her breasts look like cow udders, or act like the sight of a mother feeding her child is so disgusting that it makes you vomit.

I don't think she's so pretty either, but guess what? That isn't her job. Her job is to be a mom, and as far as I can see, she is doing it, and that, my friends, is beautiful.
When pictures like that are posted to the world then one should also expect comments to follow. As has been pointed out before, peeing and pooping is just as "natural" as eating and those body parts act as an exit system for all mammals too so why is that illegal to be seen in public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 06:27 AM
 
Location: USA
17,692 posts, read 8,854,347 times
Reputation: 13211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Comments like that make me wonder if the reaction would have been a bit less intense if she had been a bit thinner and more conventionally "pretty."
Absolutely true. The world is an unfair place. Men like nice looking women, with nice boobs, so sue us!


Quote:
I get that some people are uncomfortable with seeing a mother nursing a baby in public. What I don't get is acting like it's some kind of pornography, or heaping disapproval on the mother in question because she doesn't look like a fashion model.

Updating this, as I have finished reading the thread.

Ya'll know what's ugly? It isn't that woman's breasts, it's all the nasty comments about how droopy they are or how fat she is.

I'm glad people think breasts are sexy, but that is not their primary function. It's a side benefit. They exist as a food delivery system for infants of all mammals, human women included. If it makes you uneasy, okay, fine. But that is no reason to disparage this woman's looks, or to say her breasts look like cow udders, or act like the sight of a mother feeding her child is so disgusting that it makes you vomit.

I don't think she's so pretty either, but guess what? That isn't her job. Her job is to be a mom, and as far as I can see, she is doing it, and that, my friends, is beautiful.
There is a lot of truth in what you say, but she decided to put it out there in the media, so we have a right to comment, and poke a little fun. I am NOT offended by her, and really don't care if she does this in public. I can choose to look away. She got her 15 minutes of fame, and now the kid will pay the price down the road. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top