Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 10:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
When I first saw the image, I did a serious double-take. Usually, I’m all for women doing what they have to do to breastfeed—I’d never breastfeed my kid in a restroom or under a stifling blanket—but this one seems to be a little unnecessarily overt. Maybe I’m not as progressive as I thought...?

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/n...460331073.html

Thoughts?
Personally, I don't see what the big deal is, and at ten months, he's not too old (in my opinion). If you don't like it, don't look. It's that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 10:29 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Maybe someone can answer this for me. Why do breastfeeding women use the excuse of “when the child wants to feed the child wants to feed”?

Whatever happened to making the child wait for when the mother can accommodate the child a little better?
An infant? Are you serious? You must not have spent much time around babies. Learning to wait comes a bit later.

Quote:
So you would be OK with me, in a perfectly natural way of course, taking my penis out and urinating next to The Peter Pan Ride?
I sure hope you're not planning on feeding a baby that way.

Breasts have always been for feeding babies and for men's enjoyment only as a side benefit. It used to be pretty common to nurse your child in public in the U.S. until the 50s, when formula companies used marketing to promote the idea that nursing was a bad idea and advertisers started using breasts to sell things. You've been programmed, just like the men in the Middle East have been programmed to see ankles as arousing and suggestive.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:33 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
That kid looks a lot older than 10 months and there are ways and means of feeding a child in public without showing your body fat and flabby tatooed breasts to the world.

I equally don't want to see large hairy men exposing their flab every where, indeed I am all for people not having to view other peoples body parts especially when eating. The only time I would really be upset is if I went to an expensive restaurant and there was somebody there with a screaming baby. In which case I would just walk out and never return as it''s my money and I will be damned if I will sit and pay to listen to a screaming baby or watch a mother feeding a baby whilst I pay for an expensive meal. It's the same with pubs, if I go for a pint I like to find a proper pub (thats primary role is serving alcohol) and not some family friendly eatery come pub with lots of kids running around, but that's just me.

Thankfully Britain doesn't have the climate for too much exposure.
No one cares how old you think a child is. This kid is 10 months old. As well its a mothers decision how long to nurse her child and how she is comfortable nursing.
Again, your personal aesthetic gratification is not the responsibility of anyone else.
The era of keeping women and children hidden away at home are over like it or not.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Why not, they’re both perfectly natural acts that are non-sexual. What’s the problem?

Btw, not saying I have any problem with public breastfeeding but whether you acknowledge it or not, breasts are a sexual signifier for men. We dig them a lot!
Actually a penis is a sex organ where the breast is not but if you choose to view eating and urinating on an equal basis and are comfortable urinating in public far be it from me to tell you otherwise.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
So you’re saying that no matter what the circumstances, the breasts must come out and feeding must commence?

That’s ridiculous!
Well no that is not what I said. At all. I said parents do not put off feeding a hungry infant. When baby is hungry it gets fed when the food is right there if possible.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Obviously that seems to be true. The baby can't wait one minute for her to at least cover up a little. Whip out the boob and start feeding.
She doesnt feel the need to hide her nursing infant. If your uncomfortable with it dont look.

Just like the patron I encountered who was quite comfortable exposing his entire hairy behind, I was not comfortable seeing it so I averted my eyes. How hard is that. I was not forced to continue to see more than the unintended glimpse which BTW did not sexually arouse me nor scare me for life.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well be interesting later in life when the kid starts screaming for McNuggets and Mom will be speeding through red lights to find a McDonalds to feed the instant gratification kid.
When mine were little and very hungry screaming for McNuggets I would throw them a cracker or whatever I may have had until we got to Micky Ds. I imagine lots of parents do that.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:54 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well no that is not what I said. At all. I said parents do not put off feeding a hungry infant. When baby is hungry it gets fed when the food is right there if possible.
Yeah, if babies had to wait, people would start complaining about moms just letting their babies wail and disturbing the peace. So...damned if you do, damned if you don't, at least according to some.

Babies can't talk. They can't feed themselves and it takes time to learn how to delay. All they know is that they need to eat. It's highly unreasonable to not feed them when they signal that they need food.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Apparently you have never breast feed an infant.
Talk about squirting milk all over (pknopp). When that baby goes to squalling look out.
Seriously what parent withholds feeding from a hungry infant.
One could always do what every mother at my work did which was pump and use bottles when they weren't in a place where they could bust out the jugs...

You know you're going to a very busy,very public place so fill up a couple of bottles, problem solved. There are viable options unless of course you just want to flaunt and shove in people's faces YOUR opinion of what should be allowed in public.

I wonder what Disney and the boob ladies would think of a man walking around the park in a banana hammock (speedo) and t-shirt. My guess is he'd be stopped post haste and told to leave or cover up even though nothing is exposed.

Double standard???

Old 11-30-2017, 11:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Actually a penis is a sex organ where the breast is not but if you choose to view eating and urinating on an equal basis and are comfortable urinating in public far be it from me to tell you otherwise.
Really? Better tell that to all the erogenous zone self help books/magazines and women who think different...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies