Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 12:18 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
As posted earlier in the thread, there are plenty of historical pictures where women didn’t cover themselves. I’m sorry it’s sooooooo difficult to look away.
I guess you read earlier, that I am OK with looking away. I can still comment on it, though, right? I am not on a mission to regulate these women, nor remove Confederate Statues. I CAN LOOK AWAY.

Oh, those historical photos were taken inside, and in private. Not a Disney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 12:21 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I guess you read earlier, that I am OK with looking away. I can still comment on it, though, right? I am not on a mission to regulate these women, nor remove Confederate Statues. I CAN LOOK AWAY.

Nope, plenty were out in public places too. Bus stops, the beach, Doctor’s offices, church, etc. A few examples https://www.buzzfeed.com/southerndis...K8j#.ru6V5XAaL

Old 12-03-2017, 12:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:

http://iamnotthebabysitter.com/wp-co.../09/meme24.jpg

Old 12-03-2017, 12:49 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
People keep going on about the kid being too old to be breastfeeding... he is 10 months old. I swear people on this forum have no clue about life.
Agree, people here seem to have no clue! The WHO recommends breastfeeding until two years old, that's a long time after 10 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
One could always do what every mother at my work did which was pump and use bottles when they weren't in a place where they could bust out the jugs...

You know you're going to a very busy,very public place so fill up a couple of bottles, problem solved. There are viable options unless of course you just want to flaunt and shove in people's faces YOUR opinion of what should be allowed in public.

I wonder what Disney and the boob ladies would think of a man walking around the park in a banana hammock (speedo) and t-shirt. My guess is he'd be stopped post haste and told to leave or cover up even though nothing is exposed.

Double standard???
Pumping is not always a viable option, many mothers can't get much or any milk out with a pump even though they can breastfeed just fine, and besides, one of the best benefits of breastfeeding is that you don't need to take bottles with you because you've got the milk with you all the time, right on tap! Would be pretty silly to not take advantage of that benefit and instead go through the hassle of carrying around bottles, keeping them cool, plus finding somewhere to warm them up when instead you can just latch baby on and be done with it.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Like the beach? Do we EXPECT to see women in bikinis on the beach? Do we expect to see this at Disneyland with our kids? And this woman went WELL BEYOND the bikini line.
LOL. No, I wasn't talking about the beach. As if.

Stop pretending we don't see images of women's body parts everywhere, from television, movies, and music videos, to magazines and huge billboard ads. It's all become so commonplace, we usually don't think anything of it. And we're all well-conditioned.

This woman probably wasn't revealing much more than lots of other women did that very same day. At Disneyland.

FWIW, I'm all for flaunting what ya got -- when appropriate and with a little bit of class. But I find the widespread hyper-sexualization of women's bodies on a societal level far more troubling than a young women unfortunately choosing to reveal too much ti* when breastfeeding her baby.

Honestly, I can't get over the trivial things people choose to get riled up about while turning a blind eye to other far more serious, consequential things.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
LOL. No, I wasn't talking about the beach. As if.

Stop pretending we don't see images of women's body parts everywhere, from television, movies, and music videos, to magazines and huge billboard ads. It's all become so commonplace, we usually don't think anything of it. And we're all well-conditioned.

This woman probably wasn't revealing much more than lots of other women did that very same day. At Disneyland.

FWIW, I'm all for flaunting what ya got -- when appropriate and with a little bit of class. But I find the widespread hyper-sexualization of women's bodies on a societal level far more troubling than a young women unfortunately choosing to reveal too much ti* when breastfeeding her baby.

Honestly, I can't get over the trivial things people choose to get riled up about while turning a blind eye to other far more serious, consequential things.
Whatever, I am not riled up. I enjoy seeing women's bodies in tasteful, yet sexy clothing, and yes NUDE. I am not a prude.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:38 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Nope, plenty were out in public places too. Bus stops, the beach, Doctor’s offices, church, etc. A few examples https://www.buzzfeed.com/southerndis...K8j#.ru6V5XAaL
I love those pictures, especially number 11. And the captions are the best. When paired up with the pictures they make clear how weak the anti-public nursing arguments are.

Quote:
And this woman went WELL BEYOND the bikini line.
Pilot1, you ought to check that link out. There's lots of pictures of women that went beyond the bikini line in public, but that was normal once. If formula hadn't been invented nursing in public would still be normal today. People wouldn't dream of telling mothers to cover up or to find someplace discrete, because they're taking care of their children the way nature intended.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
I love those pictures, especially number 11. And the captions are the best. When paired up with the pictures they make clear how weak the anti-public nursing arguments are.

Pilot1, you ought to check that link out. There's lots of pictures of women that went beyond the bikini line in public, but that was normal once. If formula hadn't been invented nursing in public would still be normal today. People wouldn't dream of telling mothers to cover up or to find someplace discrete, because they're taking care of their children the way nature intended.
I could deal with #23. She's fine. The rest....baaaah!

Old 12-03-2017, 09:48 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
I agree 1000%. I have 5 kids of my own, and privacy is needed here. But why in the hell is she still breast feeding a kid with teeth? Ouch!
Kids get teeth before 1....

Old 12-03-2017, 09:50 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
People keep going on about the kid being too old to be breastfeeding... he is 10 months old. I swear people on this forum have no clue about life.
People on here are idiots. The mothers on here claiming a 10 month old is too big to breastfeed are pathetic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies