Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 08:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump sucker punches Chuck and Nancy.
He announces that he does not expect an agreement at their scheduled meeting.
So they fall for it, and cancel the meeting.
Then he shows up and takes pictures of the empty seats...... BWA-HA-HA-HA Makes them look like DONKEYS!
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/whi.../28/id/828605/
And it proves once again that he is an Idiot and has no business playing President. I am sure the trumpings think it was a great move on his part, but everyone else is just rolling their eyes at his continued 12 year old lack of class. Some things always remain the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 08:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? schummer and pelosi have already said they will shut down the government if they dont get what they want, so anyone with half a brain will know that they are the ones being the obstructionists, not trump.
Sure keep telling yourself that, no one is buying it. You seem to forget who controls Congress and that it is Republicans are the ones in the need to get something passed before the elections start up in 2018. Oh, it is Republicans that have a knack of shutting down the government, and they claim it does no harm, so nothing to worry about, right?

Old 11-28-2017, 08:52 PM

25,551 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Chuck and Nancy got played and they never saw it coming.
Who was on TV tonight talking about 2 empty chairs and chiding the opposition for not being there?.... President Trump.

If anyone feels pressure about this it will be Democrat Senators Donnelly, McCaskill, Tester, and Heitkamp who are all up for reelection and whose constituents who will want to know why no Democrat leaders showed up for the meeting on Nov 28th. Trump took those states by a huge margin.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
If I was scheduled for a meeting with someone who claimed the meeting was going to be fruitless, I would skip it, too.

So would Trump, btw. He’s just playing to his fan base.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:28 PM

833 posts, read 520,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I invite you over for dinner at my house. Before you arrive I tweet that I do not expect to have a good time with you. Chances are, most folk would not show for dinner.

The fact checkers have already dismissed Mc Connell's remarks about no history of senators refusing to meet with a POTUS. Several instances of McConnel declining to meet or be seen with Obama.

Trump sets the tone and McConnell and " Nancy and Chuck" behave like a bunch of middle school kids. It's all about the drama, all the time.
The President has the bully pulpit. Minority leaders in Congress do not. You forgot to account for that tidbit of fact in your diatribe.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Where were you when the Republicans were being obstructionists with Obama? Did you complain about them as well?
the republicans were opposing bad policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sure keep telling yourself that, no one is buying it. You seem to forget who controls Congress and that it is Republicans are the ones in the need to get something passed before the elections start up in 2018. Oh, it is Republicans that have a knack of shutting down the government, and they claim it does no harm, so nothing to worry about, right?
demcorats have shut down the government more often than republicans have

Old 11-28-2017, 09:35 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He couldn't even spell the word 'leadership'. He thinks he can operate a country with his bag of insults and stunts.
You're obviously quite wrong. He's been doing it for a year and so far the sky hasn't fallen down on anyone. In fact, things are looking pretty good right now.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
What job do you think he didn't do in this particular circumstance?
umm get his own party behind him. or did you think the dems held power?

you guys got all 3 and spend your days blaming the dems....???

really?

i am wondering why 10 months in and still the Rs can't pass a thing.....

Old 11-28-2017, 09:40 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,283,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump sucker punches Chuck and Nancy.
He announces that he does not expect an agreement at their scheduled meeting.
So they fall for it, and cancel the meeting.
Then he shows up and takes pictures of the empty seats...... BWA-HA-HA-HA Makes them look like DONKEYS!
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/whi.../28/id/828605/
Tell you what. When Donald Trump gets an average approval rating that is higher than 39%, I'll start to believe this "grand strategy" of his is really working.

www.realclearpolitics.com

Old 11-28-2017, 09:52 PM

25,551 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Tell you what. When Donald Trump gets an average approval rating that is higher than 39%, I'll start to believe this "grand strategy" of his is really working.

www.realclearpolitics.com
Just because people don't understand it doesn't mean it is not there.

39% approval rating for Trump means doom for Democrats. After all, that's 78 million voters - more than enough to get him reelected.
The only way Democrats can beat him is to find a candidate that the people will respond to. Until today, Elizabeth Warren was a possibility. Today, Trump exposed her as both a fraud and an incompetent amateur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies