Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 11:38 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
But PART of the power game is that women CAN use their sexuality to get ahead. I'm not at all saying all women do this. But we all know it is done. This does NOT condone sexual harassment. I'm just saying there are two sides to the power game in the working world. Unfortunately, the women who dress like a tease, use their sexuality (if not actual sex) to get the role, the promotion, the special favors, make the workplace worse for the rest of the women who want to be respected for our minds, skills, and actual ability to contribute.
What you just described is not about WOMEN, it's about the love of money and what depths people will sink to get it. Why aren't you as negative toward the men who suck up to the boss, hang out on the golf course with him, sell their very soul, etc., to get ahead? Another double standard. Men don't play power games with the boss to get ahead? RIGHT

I am convinced every evil can be traced to the love of money anyway. There are two types of people in this world in that regard. Women aren't treated like human beings in this way. Some women are forced to work and just want to be left alone. Just say the women you described above are bad PEOPLE rather than "bad "women". I don't want their baggage. It doesn't matter how I dress. (btw, most women who sell out to money don't work anyway - they marry it).

Your argument is too close to the old: men are studs if they sleep around and if women do the same thing they are sluts. Whether you realize it or not. Not fair. If what you described is stopping a woman from getting ahead....again....it's A MAN'S problem. He is the one holding you or any woman back and not recognizing your achievements. That's what needs to change. The women you describe have no power anyway. Blame the sex creep who is playing this office game then giving them promotions. I think younger women especially are tired of living in a "man's world" and are fighting it. Can't argue, The world does suck. LOL JMHO

Last edited by motownnative; 12-01-2017 at 12:38 PM..

Old 12-03-2017, 07:25 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
I personally don't care how women dress--tight, loose, low cut, high cut. It's none of my business or anyone else's. I think sexually harassing someone or intimidating them is against the law. What else is there to know?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies