Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 03:18 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What?

This movie is about a 17yo and a guy who is presumably between the ages of 22 and 25.

The age of consent in Italy is 14, and people age 16 and 17 can buy beer and wine. 18 and older for liquor.

So... what's the issue with this, exactly?

He met a guy who was 5 to 8 years older than him when he was of legal age and had a summer romance?

This isn't really that far fetched. It's also not remotely illegal.
The trouble with many liberals is that they have blinders on when it comes to hidden agendas. NAMBLA tried for years to lobby with the notion that non adult boys should be able to have sex with adult men, and used the example of 17 year olds. In reality, they would like to get their foot in the door, and would then try to continue to lower the age of consent so they could legally fulfill their pedophilia cravings.

I find the entire thing revolting, but naive liberals do not see the writing on the wall, despite it being known by many who fight pedophiles.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 03:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
LOL, do you even have the slightest idea how many guys in their mid 20's have been thrown in jail because they had a sexual relationship with 17 year old girls?

How about all the recent female teachers who are in their mid 20's who've gotten thrown in jail for sexual relationships with guys around 17 years of age. Get a clue!
Currently there are only 11 states with age of consent over 17. 31 states have an AOC of 16, 8 states at 17.

The teacher thing doesn't relate to the movie since he is not the 17 year olds teacher.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:48 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
I kind of liked "The Summer Of '42." It's about a woman who shags a teenage boy because her husband was killed in the war. I think the kid was 15.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The trouble with many liberals is that they have blinders on when it comes to hidden agendas. NAMBLA tried for years to lobby with the notion that non adult boys should be able to have sex with adult men, and used the example of 17 year olds. In reality, they would like to get their foot in the door, and would then try to continue to lower the age of consent so they could legally fulfill their pedophilia cravings.
If you're going to use a slippery slope argument, then perhaps we should raise the age of consent to 25. There's nothing magical about the age of 18. It's believe that our brains aren't fully developed until we're 25, so I could argue that if you don't want to raise the age to 25, you're encouraging irresponsible behavior.

Europeans and others around the world must be laughing at Americans and their ridiculous, prudish attitudes toward sex.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:16 PM

824 posts, read 705,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The trouble with many liberals is that they have blinders on when it comes to hidden agendas. ... I find the entire thing revolting, but naive liberals do not see the writing on the wall, despite it being known by many who fight pedophiles
we have a real live Roy Moore here

Old 11-30-2017, 06:52 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I don't know if it condones it or not.....I haven't seen the movie.

But if it portrays a student/teacher relationship in a positive or even normalized fashion, then it is lending at least tacit approval.
You haven't seen it...but you already have all sorts of opinions.

So...how do you feel about war movies? That you *have* seen?

Old 12-01-2017, 03:58 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I am glad you are letting the Italian government decide who is a man or boy. What if they decided to lower the age of consent to 12?

I deal with young people at college all the time. Regardless of the law, many of them I would not really consider mature adults yet. There is a noticeable difference in maturity level say between 19/20 year olds and 25+ students. So I am surprised anyone would consider a younger teenager of high school age to be an adult.
I believe I was old enough to make those decisions at 14. Maybe some are and some are not but, the vast majority of 17 year olds are sexually active.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:18 AM

587 posts, read 304,925 times
Lifetime boycott on hollywood

Old 12-01-2017, 06:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You haven't seen it...but you already have all sorts of opinions.

So...how do you feel about war movies? That you *have* seen?
Basing my opinions on the description that others in the thread provided.

If they were wrong, take it up with them.

And Saving Private Ryan was excellent.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So you have a problem with interracial relationships too? How old are you?
I do not and never have, but most tv networks and hollywood movie producers did at one time, and it was not that long ago. Interracial and homosexual was a big taboo back then, even criminal in certain regards. So whats different now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies