U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 04:10 PM

16,732 posts, read 8,627,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
https://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...are-creepy-af/

Matt Lauer, will you sit down and have a similar interview as you had with Bill O'Reilly and Corey Feldman?

I bet NOT!

Wow the news that is coming out is not pretty and I wonder if his Dutch wife will sooner than later move to Holland to live in quietness as I assume most people will know their family.

Very sad for kids to deal with their father falling from grace, overnight and their world shattered. Luckily they have some millions to get through life!
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He can either live in his Manhattan apartment that he owns, or a wing of his Hamptons home, separate from his estranged wife. Yeah, really rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 04:11 PM

45,556 posts, read 33,837,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh. I see you keep trying to defend Laurer, Williams & NBC with an equivalence fallacy to FOX like I hold that network with some sort of relevance. I don't. I don't watch Fox.

Laurer been accused of forcing himself on a woman. i.e. rape.

No way to put icing on that. And NBC helped put forth the notion that accusation = guilt. Now it has backfired on them.
A guy who told " big fish" war stories hurt no one other than himself.

That's not the same thing as inappropriate sexual conduct in a work enviornment.

Lauer and O' Reilly are pigs and used their power and influence to impose themselves on women in the workplace. We may never know the back stories.

Most risk adverse corporations carry liability insurance including liability for employee and contractor sexual misconduct/ molestation. " Big fish" stories do not carry the same weight.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Aside from the way Lauer treated Curry, she was terrible at that job.
Not a good fit.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This predator had a history of inappropriate behavior

But this latest allegation is a sexual assault, so seeing idiots like Kathy Gifford spouting off about forgiveness is absolutely pathetic.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/details-eme...142618307.html

Perhaps she approached this from a different perspective. Her late husband was a cheater.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:35 PM

44,341 posts, read 17,669,263 times
WOW, did this come back to bite Matt Laurer's ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkUiwwOZDoY

Old 11-29-2017, 04:38 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,442,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But here's a suggestion. Why don't you go watch Matt Laurer's interview of Bill O'Rieley?

Ahh yeah. I thought so.
And then there's this little gem video from TMZ that shows Matt's propensity for boorish behavior:

Matt Lauer Caught on Video Telling Katie Couric, 'Keep Bending Over, Nice View' | TMZ.com

And more from TMZ about current charges:

Quote:
Matt Lauer exposed himself to a female co-worker, and gave another one a sex toy as a present -- and that's just the tip of the iceberg -- according to dozens of current and former NBC staffers.
The former "Today" co-host also allegedly enjoyed playing the game "F**k, Marry, Kill" in regards to his female co-hosts at NBC. The bombshell allegations came out in a Variety investigation.
One woman says Lauer once delivered a sex toy to a female co-worker, and attached an explicit note ... detailing how he'd use it on her. Several accusers claim his office was ground zero for much of the sexual misconduct. For instance, he allegedly called a female employee into his office ... dropped trou, and flaunted his penis.
That particular allegation is interesting, considering a Dec. 2014 skit that aired on "Today" depicting Lauer removing his pants after a spill, showing off his boxers to female co-hosts and saying, "Drink it in, ladies."
http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/29/matt-l...-nbc-sex-toys/

Old 11-29-2017, 04:39 PM

[quote=daylux;50259879]When are the women going to be exposed? I mean the ones who performed sexual acts in order to further their careers?[/QUOTE

No shortage of people who persist with the ideology women sleep their way up the food chain while the only way a non white succeeds is via Affirmative Action. Says more about the person with these beliefs than the target.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:40 PM

3,521 posts, read 2,230,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He can either live in his Manhattan apartment that he owns, or a wing of his Hamptons home, separate from his estranged wife. Yeah, really rough.
I makes me wonder though, if Lauer was thinking these past few months (especially when reporting on similar stories), "Uh oh, I wonder if the women I harassed are going to be emboldened to come out publicly and accuse me?"

Or worse, was he too egotistical to worry or think like that?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:23 PM

7,310 posts, read 4,927,403 times
[quote=middle-aged mom;50260610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
When are the women going to be exposed? I mean the ones who performed sexual acts in order to further their careers?[/QUOTE

No shortage of people who persist with the ideology women sleep their way up the food chain while the only way a non white succeeds is via Affirmative Action. Says more about the person with these beliefs than the target.
Your argument is weak, that's why you brought race into it. Women have been known to use sex to get what they want. I would like the ones who do that named and shamed and bring balance to the reporting.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:36 PM

20,050 posts, read 12,026,835 times
As it has been noted 60% of women have dealt with this on the job - thatís a lot of bad behavior
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies