U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 AM

17,297 posts, read 25,640,251 times

Advertisements

Latest FBI hate crime statistics are out. Reported hate crimes are up. But wait, what does this mean? Does it mean that Trump's America is here!?

What do the statistics show? That POC are cowering in fear of tiki torch wielding frat boys? That Latinos are cowering as rednecks in MAGA hats roam teh country side, looking for someone to deport? That black people are being targeted by a resurgent KKK?!

Hmmm.....looks like the narrative, once again, is not borne out by the facts...

In 2016, race was reported for 5,770 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

46.3 percent were white.
26.1 percent were black or African American.
7.7 percent were of groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
0.8 percent (46 offenders) were Asian.
0.8 percent (45 offenders) were American Indian or Alaska Native.
0.1 percent (7 offenders) were Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.
18.1 percent were of unknown race or ethnicity.
6,063 of the 6,121 incidents reported were single-bias incidents.
There were 58 incidents that involved multiple biases.

Of the single-bias incidents:

57.5 percent were motivated by a race, ethnicity or ancestry bias;
21 percent were motivated by a religious bias;
17.7 percent were motivated by a sexual orientation bias;
The remaining incidents were motivated by a gender identity, disability or gender bias.

49% of that increase in racially motivated hate crimes were crimes committed against whites. [/b]

But ultimately, remember folks: the number of counties choosing to report hate crimes has been steadily increasing for the past decade and hate crimes have been steadily decreasing.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 08:11 AM

11,635 posts, read 8,149,788 times
People are more vigilant and tuned into hate crimes even when it never really happened.
A few months back there was a black student that turned a campus upside down because she saw a discarded banana peel hanging in a tree. The no good hate crime spreader of fear was tracked down and made to apologize profusely for his insensitive racist actions. His reasoning for tossing that banana peel into the tree and causing such a campus wide problem? There wasn't a trash can to throw the banana peel in.

Another incident of racism against a black student is when she came back to her dorm to find a mini noose stuck on the wall ! The campus was once again turned on its ear and security was called in to collect evidence while the young woman was rushed to a safe space. The mini noose turned out to be a package of new shoelaces that someone had dropped and another thoughtful student placed onto the wall so they could be easily found.

I think people have become super sensitive to hate crimes and they are very quick to believe a situation when it happens. The other day there was a post here about 5 black churches being vandalized in a city and the elected were quick to come out to denounce racism etc etc.. expecting a hate crime but when the security footage was shown it was not some neo nazi white turd with a Trump hat on it was a black guy that was throwing rocks through windows.
BIG OOPS on that one.

The thing is everyday there are hate crimes against white people but they are not as widely reported as white people committing crimes against minorities because that does not fit into the Leftist agenda that is seeking to divide us and put the blame on Trump.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:16 AM

66,146 posts, read 33,571,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Latest FBI hate crime statistics are out. Reported hate crimes are up. But wait, what does this mean? Does it mean that Trump's America is here!?

What do the statistics show? That POC are cowering in fear of tiki torch wielding frat boys? That Latinos are cowering as rednecks in MAGA hats roam teh country side, looking for someone to deport? That black people are being targeted by a resurgent KKK?!

Hmmm.....looks like the narrative, once again, is not borne out by the facts...

In 2016, race was reported for 5,770 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

46.3 percent were white.
26.1 percent were black or African American.
7.7 percent were of groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
0.8 percent (46 offenders) were Asian.
0.8 percent (45 offenders) were American Indian or Alaska Native.
0.1 percent (7 offenders) were Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.
18.1 percent were of unknown race or ethnicity.
6,063 of the 6,121 incidents reported were single-bias incidents.
There were 58 incidents that involved multiple biases.

Of the single-bias incidents:

57.5 percent were motivated by a race, ethnicity or ancestry bias;
21 percent were motivated by a religious bias;
17.7 percent were motivated by a sexual orientation bias;
The remaining incidents were motivated by a gender identity, disability or gender bias.

49% of that increase in racially motivated hate crimes were crimes committed against whites. [/b]

But ultimately, remember folks: the number of counties choosing to report hate crimes has been steadily increasing for the past decade and hate crimes have been steadily decreasing.

There has to be some level of "hate" to punch or harm someone else.
Never understood the "hate crime" angle?

Isn't all violence cause by hate.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:21 AM

26,181 posts, read 18,884,167 times
Quote:
49% of that increase in racially motivated hate crimes were crimes committed against whites
is this the 'trump's America' that leftists keep squealing about?

Old 11-29-2017, 08:24 AM

29,518 posts, read 16,417,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

If you eliminate the fake hate crimes the count would be quite small.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:25 AM

29,518 posts, read 16,417,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

This is true. If I'm dead, it doesn't matter why somebody killed me.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:54 AM

71,683 posts, read 83,244,992 times
I think much of this has to do with honesty, recognizing a hate crime and 24/7 plus social media. The number of identified hate crimes may be on the rise, actually "hate" crimes maybe not.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:58 AM

16,822 posts, read 8,650,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Exactly. How can you tell the real intent of a violent criminal? Is a beating, or murder worse because it may be over race, or some other media created social justice issue?

Old 11-29-2017, 09:25 AM

My general point, I think, is that people are peddling a false narrative of raging rednecks going around pulling hijabs off people and causing people of color to fear for their lives. All emboldened because "Trump's America" and "White Supremacy"....

And yet for many years now white people (the supremacists and KKK included) have been UNDER-REPRESENTED in terms of hate crime perpetrators. And we are now seeing what the right has been saying for years percolating up in the statistics: Bias crimes against WHITE PEOPLE are actually on the rise.

What's funny is that "TheRoot" (an African American news and culture site) posted these exact statistics above, and the headline was: "FBI Releases Hate Crime Statistics for 2016: Majority of Offenders Were White."

If THAT doesn't just sum up everything wrong with the victim industrial media complex, I don't know what does!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Exactly. How can you tell the real intent of a violent criminal? Is a beating, or murder worse because it may be over race, or some other media created social justice issue?

I have no problem with "hate crime" designation. Motivation is always a factor in criminal sentencing. (In layman's terms, think cold blooded murder vs. hot blooded).

And actually, I personally WOULD be angrier if me or someone in my family was targeted for assault or murder because of something about them they could not change or help. Like skin color or disability. If I'm robbed because you think I have money... at least I understand that on some level. If you assault me because I'm white, and leave the money in the pocket, then you're assaulting my very being.

I am not opposed then, for bias-motives to lead to some extra time in the clink. But it's got to be like, a REAL hate crime. Not like in Britain where they throw you in jail for putting bacon on the steps of a mosque or saying mean things on Twitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies