Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 08:32 PM

975 posts, read 1,404,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
hmm, I wonder why Democrats didn't want republican input or listen to them when it was being written after all, we had to pass it to see what's in it. And when it was proven to be a disaster now your blaming republicans. Ba ha ha.
There was some Republican input: PolitiFact: Did Obamacare pass with Republican input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 08:36 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's great to see poor, white conservatives celebrate paying more in taxes.
Basically. One idiot "legacy friend" of mine thinks he's going to save soooo much money from this. He won't, but trying to explain the facts to him was a waste of time. Righties don't care about facts.

The reality is this useless tax bill is just another handout to the rich and corporations (estate tax repeal, reduced corporate tax rates, proposed elimination of alt minimum tax in one version) that won't do a damn thing to help most of the working class in this nation. Oh, sure, many will see a short-term reduction in taxes, but that goes away in a few years and then their taxes increase over where they are today. And that doesn't even factor in the huge deficit this creates. Funny how the right-wing loons scream bloody murder about deficits, but then happily pass this abomination of a tax bill! Typical hypocrisy from the far right.

Long story short, it's just another sad attempt to juice the economy, not unlike the rules changes and games that inflated the housing bubble, for short-term game with a large, negative long-term consequence. But the rich will get richer and walk away with the loot, and it will probably explode right before a Democrat gets into the White House, allowing the two-faced, lying, slimebag Republicans to blame the fallout on the Democrats just as they blamed the fallout from almost a decade of 1 party Republican rule (Housing Bubble, etc.) on Obama. Liars one and all.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:38 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Most of the red states would collapse especially those in the deep south - Alabama and Mississippi. These two states mooch off the federal government. Go inside the rural areas there is nothing but hate, no education, and depressed miserable people. No jobs, nothing. Most people are on welfare, SS, disability barely getting by. These people value football, guns, god more important than education. They see education as a bad thing.
Some part of me would be fine seeing them collapse. They leech off the rest of the system and then vote nation destroy bigoted idiots like Trump in office. I sometimes wonder if retaking the South in the Civil War was even worth it since they've done nothing but drag this nation down since then.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
With this new tax law passed, I predict that many republicans will be voted out. You think Obamacare was bad, just wait and see how this will affect the middle class.
So allowing people to keep more of their money is only bad because Democrats and liberal media say so.

Everyone has different circumstances and we make decisions accordingly. When laws change we'll make decisions accordingly. When laws cause too much hardship as in Obamacare, people will vote for the politician who stands against it hence Trump. Obamacare went into effect instead of my money going into buying things (contributing to the economy), more money went into the pockets of big health insurance companies instead. It's just one of the reasons Obama's administration was the first administration that never had a whole year of 3 percent growth."

Old 12-02-2017, 08:39 PM

888 posts, read 890,117 times
Correction for previous post - passed Senate version doesn’t eliminate AMT.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:41 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Obamacare makes it clear Democrats could give a damn about the middle class.
But he did care about the middle class when republicans didn't. The ACA isn't perfect but it allowed millions to be insured. Instead of repeal, they should have just made it better. But republicans don't care about the poor or middle class. With this new tax plan millions will lose their insurance. And guess who pays for it....the ones who have insurance.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
But he did care about the middle class when republicans didn't. The ACA isn't perfect but it allowed millions to be insured. Instead of repeal, they should have just made it better. But republicans don't care about the poor or middle class. With this new tax plan millions will lose their insurance. And guess who pays for it....the ones who have insurance.
Jesus, don't you read my post? I'm losing my insurance because I can't pay $1,528 a month. Stop and listen for GD once. At $1,528 a month, you can cluck like a clucking chicken till the cows come home, you're not going to convince me.

Yes lets just ignore the complaints from the people who once were able to afford HC insurance but because of Obamacare can no longer afford it. So to Democrats, only people who get subsidies is important, screw people being priced out.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:45 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Yes lets just ignore the complaints from the people who once were able to afford HC insurance but because of Obamacare can no longer afford it. So to Democrats, only people who get subsidies is important, screw people being priced out.
What exactly did your health insurance cover before the ACA. Did it cover hospital or ER costs. What was your co pay.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think people don’t grasp what a tuition waiver is.
Tuition waiver is like flying for free but then having to serve food and work the aisle in return. PhD students get the more lucrative deals. Tuition AND stipend. What does the school get is not clear.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
What exactly did your health insurance cover before the ACA. Did it cover hospital or ER costs. What was your co pay.
My insurance was $450 a month, deductible was $2000, my co pay was low but I can't remember the exact amount. I went to the ER and was hospitalized for a month years ago and had surgery two years prior to Obamacare, OOP was low and I can't complain. I had EXCELLENT insurance. That is until Obamacare screwed things up.

Now they expect me to pay $1,528 a month (without subsidy), yes, that's one thousand, five hundred and twenty eight dollars a month and they're out of their freaking mind. I canceled and won't have health insurance. Democrats claim it insured people but Democrats are ignoring people that Obamacare priced out because it doesn't support their claim.

Last edited by petch751; 12-02-2017 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies