U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 08:28 AM

11,283 posts, read 7,304,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
open borders
open bathrooms
universal healthcare
gun control

I think you guys are onto something.

Losing.
I guess you missed what happened in Virginia last month. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 08:33 AM

37,775 posts, read 14,687,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
This tax bill is going to be great for Democrats in the midterms. Throw in the likely possibility of Trumpís son in law getting indicted and Trumpís historic disapproval rating and I can see the Democratic wave starting to come ashore.
I wonder.

I thought by now anyone with two wits to rub together would be able to see what's going on.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:37 AM

11,832 posts, read 5,005,047 times
Quote:
This tax bill is going to be great for Democrats in the midterms. Throw in the likely possibility of Trumpís son in law getting indicted and Trumpís historic disapproval rating and I can see the Democratic wave starting to come ashore.
To the contrary. Many if not most middle class will see a tax decrease. The elitist liberals on the coasts will probably see a tax increase. The Democratic wave you are expecting will have to wait.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:41 AM

11,283 posts, read 7,304,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
To the contrary. Many if not most middle class will see a tax decrease. The elitist liberals on the coasts will probably see a tax increase. The Democratic wave you are expecting will have to wait.
https://www.cbpp.org/blog/senate-gop...insured-to-pay

Old 12-03-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
How do you know what this cobbled-together, scribbled-changes, past-in-the-middle-of-the-night tax scam means for most of the middle class?

Hopefully, while they merge the two bills and take them back to the House and the Senate for final passage folks will have time to actually read the bill, see what it contains, evaluate the economic consequences.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
"... a tax bill that will ultimately raise taxes on many middle- and lower-income households and leave 13 million more people uninsured, to pay for permanent tax cuts for profitable corporations — the opposite of their claim that the bill will “strengthen the middle class.”

https://www.cbpp.org/blog/senate-gop...insured-to-pay

Old 12-03-2017, 09:01 AM

6,234 posts, read 2,658,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
You act like Bush caused the recession! 😂 It was caused by loser Demos convincing everyone that you deserve to be a homeowner if you can sign your name. BOTH sides got on that imbecilic bandwagon, and we see what happened. People walked away, destroying all home values around them.
The really sad part is that we learned nothing and itís slowly happening again.
That was all propaganda put out by the banksters.
The Banksters were the major beneficiaries of selling anyone a home that can fog a mirror so they could peddle their fraudulent creations. They peddled these creations globally and caused a global financial crisis as well so we bailed out many foreign banks as well.

They were hoping they could pass the risk globally to others and it failed.

If the DEMS were really for the poor, then how come Liberal California has more homeless people than any other nation?

Old 12-03-2017, 09:16 AM

14,470 posts, read 22,324,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I'm shocked they actually did it, especially keeping the corp rate at 20%. So proud of our Senators, this is what they were elected for. Now let's get more of them in 2018

Yup. Good thread.

It should be a sticky.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:18 AM

6,234 posts, read 2,658,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Does anyone have an issue with how this tax bill, hundreds of pages long and with hand-written changes in the margins (!!!), was pushed through for a vote within two hours after the paper version hit the senators' desks?? This isn't how legislation should be happening - and yes, I'd be saying the exact same thing if the Democrats were pushing something similar. Make no mistake, donors (e.g. lobbyists and big business) wrote this bill and made their wanted changes.

Republicans in Congress are nothing but sellouts. They don't care about you and me, and they don't care about the mess they're leaving for our children and grandchildren. What happened last night was unconscionable, and I hope ALL of them are voted out when they come up for reelection. What little I gain in tax relief is going to be more than offset but these huge changes that are going to affect everyone in one way or another.

Worth Repeating!

https://represent.us/action/no-the-problem/

Study: Congress literally doesnít care what you think

One thing that does have an influence? Money. While the opinions of the bottom 90% of income earners in America have a ďstatistically non-significant impact,Ē economic elites, business interests, and people who can afford lobbyists still carry major influence.

From taxation to national debt, education to the economy, America is struggling to address our most serious issues. Moneyed interests get what they want, and the rest of us pay the price.

They spend billions influencing Americaís government. We give them trillions in return.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:21 AM

9,564 posts, read 8,844,835 times
Default Gut feeling..the corporate tax cut

I think after final talks the corporate tax cuts will come up a little. My guess is the huge negative sentiment about 20 percent will make it difficult to sign. The final number will be close to 23 percent ...it should be 25 but that wont happen. It is estimated every 1 percent is 100 billion in deficit money. At the end of the day I think a feel good couple few percent will be added back as a show of good will toward the deficit number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or