Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 08:40 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Our nation is already breaking apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I think so too.
I think so.

A lot of blue state folks are waking up to how they are subsidizing red states.

Red state voters want a different kind of society than blue state voters do.

Hard not to wonder if an Amendment to allow states to leave the union wouldn't win approval in both blue and red states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 08:41 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
ACA did NKT deduce the deficit, it increased it.

Obama continuing war added to the deficit.
Did those actions increase the deficit/debt by $8 trillion dollars like a republican in this thread claimed?

Old 12-02-2017, 08:41 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Some of us planned our futures to be safe from a social security failure. Why does social security need to be cut? Mismanagement over the span of decades perhaps? By both parties.....
No sir, I am not ok with it, but it has been expected for years. Unlike some or many, I refuse to place the security of my future into the hands of career politicians. Only a fool trusts their future to others.
Social Security in my mind was always a supplemental income, never the main stay. For me it will be like money found. A pleasant surprise.
I am angry that I paid into a system since I was 14, that has been robbed, abused and neglected by both major parties. I am angry that we can afford to give Israel and others, billions a year, but we can't manage our SS fund.
Do I blame the GOP? NO... I Blame both the GOP and the Dems. What did Obama and the Dems do to protect the SS fund? What did Bush do? Clinton robbed it.
So I am absolutely ok with paying less taxes. That money saved only helps my private retirement account.

I retire in January at age 55. No thanks to the left or right. They had nothing to do with it. My health insurance where I am going is 12% the cost of what I would pay here. My cost of living about half. Not all of us put all our eggs into the social security basket.
We can look at Galveston Texas and see how much better most people would be by switching from SS to a private system.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:42 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Democrats don’t like handwritten documents:

https://www.archives.gov/files/found...1_of_4_630.jpg

Old 12-02-2017, 08:44 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
We can look at Galveston Texas and see how much better most people would be by switching from SS to a private system.
You are crapping the thread. We aren't talking about Social Security.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:44 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Did those actions increase the deficit/debt by $8 trillion dollars like a republican in this thread claimed?
Those actions alone? No.

Government created that debt, which now hovers around $20 trillion.

I argue about government spending, not party spending; however, when someone tries to excuse their party, I’ll say something.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:45 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You obviously have no clue what the definition of traitor is...
Passing classified intel to Russia was an act of treason -- "supports its enemies, giving them aid ... "

https://definitions.uslegal.com/t/traitor/

Needs two witnesses. There were three -- Tillerson, Kislyak, Lavrov.

You need to request better material as your current lies and insults are ridiculous.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:46 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Are you talking about the $8T deficit created by the tax and spend Obama?
Maybe the one that people were so concerned about 24/7. Horrible what was being done to our children and grandchildren, how unfair that they would be saddled with the massive deficit; country is going bankrupt because of it, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now it is never mind about that, everyone is just concerned about getting some immediate $ in their pocket and a "win". Poof, the deficit is no longer a problem.

How convenient

Old 12-02-2017, 08:47 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I think so.

A lot of blue state folks are waking up to how they are subsidizing red states.

Red state voters want a different kind of society than blue state voters do.

Hard not to wonder if an Amendment to allow states to leave the union wouldn't win approval in both blue and red states.
I would absolutely support that. Half the country absolutely detests the other half. It's not just "dislike", they absolutely cannot stand the other half. In order for the continent to continue peacefully, let the country break apart regionally and perhaps contribute to national defense and nothing else. If a region doesn't contribute, they don't get defended and call it good from there. Blue states can create health coverage, education resources, etc. and red states can walk around the grocery store with AR-15s. Anyone wanting to change regions gets a five or ten year probationary period. When the GOP is creating a tax bill based on scribbles and lobbyists are designing the tax code, we are no longer a country anyway.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:47 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
People who trust in Social Security place their future into the hands of strangers, into the hands of career politicians, professional liars. Those people are fools. Politicians are only slightly more honest than those emails from a lawyer claiming you are the last remaining relative of some royal family. Just send $1500 to cover the legal fees and a vast fortune will be yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies