Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,143,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
since when are you guys worried about another trillion in debt? Last time I checked , it rose over 10 trillion with the Obozo administration. I did not see anyone complaining then.
To get us Over a huge recession, after the House market crash. Why go into even more debt when all analysts show we are heading in the right direction economy wise. Why give the wealthy a tax break when they don’t need it. They are rushing to pass this through for a reason. Couldn’t pass healthcare reform but they sure can put through huge tax breaks for the wealthy quickly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,794,371 times
Where is the Keynesian guy who says debt is good while Obama was racking up 10 trillion... 8 years later and now the Democrats don’t believe in Keynesian economics anymore?

Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,579,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
since when are you guys worried about another trillion in debt? Last time I checked , it rose over 10 trillion with the Obozo administration. I did not see anyone complaining then.
Obama just continued on the debt that exploded under Bush and his war machine.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:29 AM

37,763 posts, read 40,880,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
With McCain signing on, it looks like the Republicans are going to get their tax increase bill through. While they tout it will cut taxes, this will mainly only apply to big corporations and the nation's most wealthy individuals. The GOP is sending average Americans a big FU message for Christmas.
When the voters are fondling their larger tax refunds in 2018, the Republicans have to remind them that they gave it to them while the Democrats were against it. I'm assuming it will cover the 2017 tax year. You can all blather about it now but it will come down to that. They won't care about what the businesses got.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
That is simply NOT TRUE.

Obama increased my taxes to help those who were struggling. I am fine with that.

OBAMA created ACA to help those who are struggling.

Trump is dismantling those gains and going even further.
What isn't true? You think Congress cares about us? Obama cared about us but he isn't the president anymore. I was fine with what Obama did too but that is not the world we live in now.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:32 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,923,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Not surprised. People here in Arizona are tired of our companies moving abroad for the past decade. If Democrats have a better plan to make our economy more competitive I would love to hear it.
They have no plan, only obstruction.

When they did have power under Obama, they decided to pass the largest tax increase in U.S. history.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:32 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,143,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
When the voters are fondling their larger tax refunds in 2018, the Republicans have to remind them that they gave it to them while the Democrats were against it. I'm assuming it will cover the 2017 tax year. You can all blather about it now but it will come down to that. They won't care about what the businesses got.
Unfortanetly many people who are middle class and low income are not going to see a larger tax refund

And when their healthcare goes up, it’s a wash

When people don’t get the raises the GOP says they will get

Or the increase in jobs. People are gonna say what happened. It didn’t work with Reagan, it’s not going to work now. Especially with how greedy corporations are

Old 11-30-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
They have no plan, only obstruction.

When they did have power under Obama, they decided to pass the largest tax increase in U.S. history.
The Republican led Congress blocked almost everything during Obama's administration for the sole purpose of voting party lines. Party above country.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:35 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,923,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The Republican led Congress blocked almost everything during Obama's administration for the sole purpose of voting party lines. Party above country.
Obama got whatever he wanted, including the awful Obamacare scheme and the largest tax increase in U.S. history.

Maybe you were still in junior high back then.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:35 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,585,537 times
another thread whining about the tax plan? the half dozen or so others arent enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies