Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy your taxes are going up?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 52 70.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 06:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times

Advertisements

This thing is really an example of Republican "planning". Some parts of it don't kick in for 7 or more years and even then they depend on how things are going at that point.

No matter how you look at it, there are two true things about this.

1. It raises the national debt and increases the deficit.
2. It makes VERY Rich people VERY much richer.

Now...I guess is that is that one thinks a good tax plan for a country like ours is - well, they have disagreed with themselves and the tea party and everyone else who says we should pay/go and balance the budget and start paying down the deficit.

But, ah, the allure of free money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Mine would go down. Irregardless anyway, the Senate can only pass stool

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Republicons have always hated social security and Medicare. They know that if they articulated what they truly want, they would not be elected to the local animal control board. So, they engage in lies and stealth tactics. Like a good magician they keep their supporters focus on their left hand, tax cuts, media bashing, the Wall, while with the right hand, they do what they really desire, cut social security, Medicare, and generally gut the middle class.

Sometimes the truth seeps out. Given the short attention span of the Republicon voter, I expect this to fade from their radar rather quickly.

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No, it is not. It's a legitimate question, and I bet most people don't know the answer.
Interesting, I never met a liberal who didn’t like to raise taxes.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:21 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Last I checked under the new proposal mine will go down $4000 a year. Now I can dry my liberal tears with dollar bills.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Who does little Marco say is the leader or brains behind this plan ? Crying Chuck who he has been palling around with ?

Something smells FISHY here ALRIGHT. A column from the liberal L.A. Times with nothing in quotes and a photo of Rubio with cotton mouth.
https://www.politico.com/video/2017/...64454#t=21m45s

Old 11-30-2017, 06:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
We live in a civilized society today with lower taxes, so why raise them. I pay enough in federal income taxes. This GOP tax plan will increase my taxes.

Up next they're planning to cut our Social Security Retirement income, which will take more money out of the pockets of the middle class.

All this to pay for "tax cuts for billionaires". That's what you get when you vote GOP.
My taxes aren’t going up and I don’t pay into that ponzi scheme called social security.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:22 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
We live in a civilized society today with lower taxes, so why raise them. I pay enough in federal income taxes. This GOP tax plan will increase my taxes.

Up next they're planning to cut our Social Security Retirement income, which will take more money out of the pockets of the middle class.

All this to pay for "tax cuts for billionaires". That's what you get when you vote GOP.
don't be a hypocritical cheapskate, they need to be raised so we can have even more civilization, more welfare, more bombs, etc

Old 11-30-2017, 06:23 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Republicons have always hated social security and Medicare. They know that if they articulated what they truly want, they would not be elected to the local animal control board. So, they engage in lies and stealth tactics. Like a good magician they keep their supporters focus on their left hand, tax cuts, media bashing, the Wall, while with the right hand, they do what they really desire, cut social security, Medicare, and generally gut the middle class.

Sometimes the truth seeps out. Given the short attention span of the Republicon voter, I expect this to fade from their radar rather quickly.
I've been saying exactly this. Cons like to engage in ad hominem attacks to try to discredit the other side, because they know deep down that their policies are NOT popular

Old 11-30-2017, 06:24 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No, it is not. It's a legitimate question, and I bet most people don't know the answer.
If one has a brain , and I have always done my own taxes for my businesses it is easy to figure out. The tax deduction will double for singles and married etc. The personal deduction will disappear . People on the lower income bracket will get a tax decrease. They will keep more money in their paycheck giving them more buying power to boost the economy. Middle class will get a lower tax bracket so they will be paying less money.

Not hard to understand at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies