Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 07:58 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It happened in 2015.

See my video above.

I will continue to hold the principle of freedom of movement in conjunction with the non-aggression.
The thread is about 2017....

You went back and looked for something to place your fear upon. Facts are nothing happened this year so the idea that it would was a fantasy. And if you hold such principle then you should be sure to apply said principle to everyone. Shoppers have no more principles than protestors. All people are people unless, you pick sides and chose to pick and choose who can and should have rights and principles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 08:00 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The nazis also felt it was necessary to boycott Jewish stores because of "Jewish privilege". Nothing good comes out of this.
If they were in America, they'd have a right to do so and as long as they didn't cause any violence or problems, then I'm fine with them too. Nazis and white supremacists here in America hold protests all the time BTW.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:16 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
BLM says to only shop at Black owned business and donate only to black organizations for Christmas.

Hmmmmm.....
How about BLM and their supporters stay out of all schools, Toys for Tots, welfare programs, houses, hospitals, etc that all whites created and built and funded with their tax money!!!!

Or one could move to the country of their “Roots”
Considering they sure seem to be advocating segregation.

Video Link

Black Lives Matter plans a boycott of white-owned businesses | On Air Videos | Fox News

Black Lives Matter activists in Chicago plan on blocking white-owned business entrances from consumers on Black Friday in order to push consumers to patronize businesses owned by "people of color and women."

Black Lives Matter, local churches, and the Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression plan on blocking stores parked along Michigan Avenue from consumers "to draw attention to a wide range of issues, including police shootings, racism and economic inequalities that keep Chicago's South and West sides mired in poverty and violence," reports Crain's Chicago Business.

According to Black Lives Matter leader Kimberly Veal, a major function of the protest is to force consumers to forgo shopping at businesses owned by white people, white men in particular, and instead shop at venues owned by "people of color and women."

“One of the cornerstones about why we’re boycotting on Black Friday is to attempt to redirect people to businesses owned by people of color and women, and explain why it’s important to patronize these businesses,” said Veal.

Frank Chapman, a protest organizer, is expecting huge numbers this year, thanks in part to the election of Republican Donald Trump.

“We’re expecting a bigger turnout this year, though this is not an exact science. The reason we’re looking for a bigger turnout is that Trump is the president-elect and, boy, are people pissed,” explained Chapman.

Although a major goal of the protest is to hurt the businesses of white store owners, Chapman contends that the members of the "white working class" will not be vilified too; they will be welcome to join the targeting of white store owners.

“We’ve been calling everyone who has a grievance: the African-American community, Latino people, the white working class,” he said. “I’m not going to write the white working class off as racist.”

Last year on Black Friday, Black Lives Matters and other left-wing groups protested their grievances across America by blocking consumers from entering stores. Shouts of "Shut it Down!" from protesters flooded the streets as consumers attempted to enter businesses to shop.
wow

Old 12-01-2017, 08:18 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
lmao.. every year Fox News does an attack on Christmas and folks eat it up.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:18 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
As Sheriff Clarke says

Black Lives Matter is a hate group

Old 12-01-2017, 09:18 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Earlier this week I saw a young female wearing a BLM t-shirt and she was white and next to her was a black male. Both were dressed well and came out what is considered a higher end mall in Tampa.

There is another mall in Tampa that has the nick name "Ghetto" mall and that's for a well known reason and many stores have closed down like for example; Dillards, JCP, Forever 21, and many more stores have been replaced for short term tenants. I guess BLM followers don't spend too much money to support the stores over there.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Earlier this week I saw a young female wearing a BLM t-shirt and she was white and next to her was a black male. Both were dressed well and came out what is considered a higher end mall in Tampa.

There is another mall in Tampa that has the nick name "Ghetto" mall and that's for a well known reason and many stores have closed down like for example; Dillards, JCP, Forever 21, and many more stores have been replaced for short term tenants. I guess BLM followers don't spend too much money to support the stores over there.
How could she have been well dressed if she was wearing a BLM tshirt?

Yeah that's pretty bad when JCP and Forever21 shutdown as they are some of the lower priced retailers out there .

Old 12-01-2017, 09:25 AM

276 posts, read 178,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have no problem with blacks giving preference for their business to black businesses. They should do this all year round and support black enterprises.

If the Blm block or threaten shoppers, however, the protestors should be arrested.
What if whites took the same stance? Would that be racist?

Old 12-01-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
What if whites took the same stance? Would that be racist?
Yes and only white people can be racist .

Haven't you read the liberal playbook ?

Old 12-01-2017, 12:33 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
A lot of the white people I know do so already without consulting me for my opinion. The Jim Crow South didn't go away in 1964, it just took a nap. It's still alive and kicking here in South Carolina.
Both ends of this coin are just bad in my opinion. If you only see one side then that's on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies