Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 05:05 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Mat Staver: Roy Moore Election About Whether We 'Have Same-Sex Marriage For The Rest Of Our Lives' | Right Wing Watch

Matt Staver of the group Liberty Council has confirmed what I suspected all along. Roy Moore's extreme anti-LGBT beliefs are why he has such a strong base of support. Apparently supporting pedophiles and sexual predators, as long as they are straight, is morally preferable to allowing people of the same sex to love each other.
I really don’t understand why some people hate LGBT people so much? My partner and I are married now and all we want is to be treated with respect like any straight couple would. If marriage equality ever ended here (unlikely) but if it did, we would have to move to Vancouver, BC. where we have family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 05:07 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
You're probably right. I don't see issues of gender, marriage or sexuality at the top of list for most people. But, by your reckoning, what IS at the top for most people - and in particular, what is at the top, for persons inclined to strongly (as opposed to merely grudgingly) support Roy Moore?
A smaller federal government. States have the power. Less taxes. Less spending. That's the usual important stuff that actual conservatives want.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:08 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I really don’t understand why some people hate LGBT people so much? My partner and I are married now and all we want is to be treated with respect like any straight couple would. If marriage equality ever ended here (unlikely) but if it did, we would have to move to Vancouver, BC. where we have family.
Why do you care so much about a piece of paper that you would move?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:17 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Roy Moore election is about whether or not we have same-sex marriage for the rest of our lives

That's just silly - the election is about whether the Leftists get another seat so they can Shut Down the Government and hold the Senate HOSTAGE for all of 2018.

They are all about Obstruction because they think that is how they will regain control of the House & the Senate. The Election in Alabama is about whether Chuck Schumer wins.

Nothing more, Nothing less.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:21 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why do you care so much about a piece of paper that you would move?
It’s not just about that, but everything that comes along with being married: (taxes, healthcare, hospital visitation, decision-making, etc..) If you’re not married, you don’t have this.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:23 PM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Yes, I was overbroad in my statement. My real point was the hypocrisy of preaching family values and being anti-gay while engaging in conduct that is anathema to your words.
Pretty much anytime ANY politician claims some sort of righteous, moral high-ground...they're full of it.

We're seeing this unfold on a daily basis in both parties.

I love it. About time scumbags were caught and their loyalists can moan and deflect but the rest of us know better.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Roy Moore election is about whether or not we have same-sex marriage for the rest of our lives

That's just silly - the election is about whether the Leftists get another seat so they can Shut Down the Government and hold the Senate HOSTAGE for all of 2018.

They are all about Obstruction because they think that is how they will regain control of the House & the Senate. The Election in Alabama is about whether Chuck Schumer wins.

Nothing more, Nothing less.
The Rs seem to be doing a good job of obstructing them selves. Almost a year in and still not able to do anything.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I live in Kansas and if you moved in next to me.....I'd invite you over for dinner.

Attitudes are changing (thank god), sorry you have had to go through this sort of BS....but it's getting better.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The Rs seem to be doing a good job of obstructing them selves. Almost a year in and still not able to do anything.
1) I agree 100%. Trump gridlock is goooood.

2) Unfortunately, we have too much smoke about BS like "pocahontas" and so forth...because that tax bill is slipping under the radar like a giant iceberg.

3) I find it ironic because the far left that posts here is constantly crying about Trumps bad actions, the right is touting his great deeds.....yet not much has happened lol. Just nutjobs being nutjobs lol.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:36 PM

4,251 posts, read 3,170,586 times
Quote:
There will always be people that find a reason to hate something that is different, that seems to be human nature. However, for the most part I don't believe it is actually a matter of hate. In this case, there is a large segment of the population that believes marriage is between a man and woman. Afterall, it was that way for a very, very long time and people/society tends to resist change. While I'm old and not religious, I believe that marriage is between a man and woman. I had been born in the last 30-40 years I might believe differently. That said, I never had an issue with civil unions and equal benefits and I certainly don't hate anyone who is LGBT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies