Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 09:04 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,424,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Part of his job is working with Congress to pass his agenda. That's been a zero to this point. Either improve that or highlight some people for the primaries in 2018 to take out the swampy Republicans.

Behavior wise - does he really need to pick an argument with Lavar Ball... ? He is the president of everyone... every so often, he should take the high road on some of these and be selective in his targets.
He is, bills take a long time to pass being as a lot of the government is functioned via bureaucratic appointments and heads of different departments, all of which have been evolving rapidly under the radar.

The tax bill will pass and that by itself will be a huge accomplishment, he is already convinced a few senators to vote for it (Corker comes to mind).

As for behavior, this is just a product of the media that gets so outraged by what Trump says that a lot of supporters worry that he is not getting anything done, look it up, a lot of things are happening behind the scene. The Lavar Ball stuff was funny and that man got what was coming for him, if you get use to Trump's persona you'll get use to laughing along, it's a lot of fun.

sure the Davos elite will say this is brutally unexceptionable but the only time he needs to be professional are at times of tragedy (hurricanes, etc.) and meetings with foreign heads of state, all of which he has done consistently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 09:08 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,198 times
Poe's Law?

Old 11-29-2017, 09:15 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
look how fast he is passing the tax reforms. 8 years of false republican promises and this guy comes in with no political experience and gets it done.

Also he is actual getting a comprehensive border wall added into the next funding bill despite the democrat party's tantrum.

in less than a year he has already improved ties with our Asian allies, gotten China to do more on NK than ANY previous post-war president, actual accomplished the first anti-dumping claim on any country to protect American jobs since 1985, energized coal and middle America, stood up to the deep state (first president to EVER do this), and has brought us back to the 3% growth plus era.

I think even liberals are proud of our president and excited by the tightening job market and booming economy, they just want to save face.

God bless America and god bless the world, finally the Europeans are going to have learn to take care of themselves.

When I see posts like this one ^^^^ I realize that even the most staunch Trump supporters are starting to see what the rest of us have always known, that Donald Trump is a total flop. They post this kind of rot to buy themselves a little more time before they have to admit how utterly horrible he is and what a terrible mistake they made.

Post like this one are as silly as some of the tweets and speeches Trump comes up with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.50a4eaafacca

BOOM!!!

getting things done in a flash.

17,983 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
You may not like his persona (I do! It's very important not to fall for the establishment behavior that separates oneself from the average American) but on the policy front he has done everything.

Judges, regulations, international trade and climate deals, negotiations on NAFTA are moving ahead and there is FINALLY an actual fight by republicans for a border wall.

furthermore the Tax plan is moving ahead swiftly, GDP growth is high, and the EO he has all be dismantled Obamacare (all these professional republicans couldn't), the travel ban is in place.

Why do you think confidence is up? Its because people are feeling the improvements in there lives. He's a blast and does all the work while also offering amusing media coverage and messing with MSM which has been a propaganda are for the dem party.
I'll admit, I wish I could share your optimism, but find it tough to do.

But I'll give you this... As disgusted as I am in the liberals, I'm shell-shocked by the impotence and disloyalty from the rinos, never-Trumpers etc.

Yet, Trump doesn't quit.

The opposition to Trump is of course the opposition to America's success. This is fact.

So those losers are running on fear and resentments. Fear-based decisions only lead to more fear. They will burn themselves out.

Could you imagine how well Trump could do if he didn't have to fight all that, the msm, etc. constantly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

Trump skillfully and tactfully womped Hillary Clinton in the election. That stunning victory granted him passage into the history books forever. Future generations will tell a tale of a real estate mogul who saved the day and protected America from crooked $hillary and her attempted take over.

DJT, America's latest weapon to protect against evil.

Yikes. The optimism is contagious. Isn't his hair a marvel of science?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's typical of Trumpists: Trump can crap in their mouth, but they get satisfaction knowing that the liberal next to them has to smell it.
Ooh gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Who you callin’ Trumpist?
Got a clue for you: You ain’t all that.

Now go back to re-habbing Franken.
Ooh snap.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-29-2017 at 09:32 PM..

Old 11-29-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
When I see posts like this one ^^^^ I realize that even the most staunch Trump supporters are starting to see what the rest of us have always known, that Donald Trump is a total flop. They post this kind of rot to buy themselves a little more time before they have to admit how utterly horrible he is and what a terrible mistake they made.

Post like this one are as silly as some of the tweets and speeches Trump comes up with.
name one bad thing Trump has done since he has been in office; I'm waiting.....

Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,198 times
Quote:
name one bad thing Trump has done since he has been in office; I'm waiting.....
You first.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 PM

13,641 posts, read 9,696,571 times
The next logical step is for the military to swear an oath of allegiance personally to Trump.

But what I can't fathom, is why the dastardly liberal plot to burn down the White House hasn't yet been uncovered? Once we get to the bottom of this, surely those snowflakes in Congress will pass the Enabling Acts!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'll admit, I wish I could share your optimism, but find it tough to do.

But I'll give you this... As disgusted as I am in the liberals, I'm shell-shocked by the impotence and disloyalty from the rinos, never-Trumpers etc.

Yet, Trump doesn't quit.

The opposition to Trump is of course the opposition to America's success. This is fact.

So those losers are running on fear and resentments. Fear-based decisions only lead to more fear. They will burn themselves out.

Could you imagine how well Trump could do if he didn't have to fight all that, the msm, etc. constantly?
Yup, nonetheless these are the realities of the country we live. For the past few decades these partisan groups have entrenched themselves in the system and now they're worried someone is going to mess it all up for them.

If you're worried about Trump not getting things done, just look at how the MSM acts. They refuse to report on all the accomplishments and instead build this false narrative that he is a lame duck president with no power.

If that was true they wouldn't care about him, they know he is bring energy jobs back and manufacturing has been up every quarter consistently.

the only thing he has done that I have even slightly disagreed with is the elephant stuff and he was smart enough to reverse that.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
The next logical step is for the military to swear an oath of allegiance personally to Trump.

But what I can't fathom, is why the dastardly liberal plot to burn down the White House hasn't yet been uncovered? Once we get to the bottom of this, surely those snowflakes in Congress will pass the Enabling Acts!
LOL, compared to Obama Trump is actually supporting our Troops and not making more wars, if Hillary was pres Syria would filled with american troops dying while herself and her sick husband laughed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies