Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 12:25 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times

Advertisements

Ow. My ears.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:45 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Islam and women's rights don't go hand in hand. In most Countries,even Western European Countries you can see Muslim women walk behind their men.

Some Muslim women even have stood up to try to get the word out regarding women and the Muslim faith regarding the way Muslim women are treated.

The ones who did all need security 24/7!

Old 12-01-2017, 03:08 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Women don't know what they really want, by in large, especially when it comes to relationships and passions.. they just kind of go with the flow, which is why they don't do so well with these sort of social justice issues. They complain about men but won't give the type of men who actually treat them nicely the time of day in the sack, and will go out of their way to shag the most outgoing, uber confident bad boy types they can find, and then go and complain that they are asses to them. They can't separate what society has programmed into them from what their monkey mind tells them to go after, so they are constantly in conflict with themselves, which makes many of them just a pain to be around. haha. Then they rationalize it all off, try to blame everyone else, go to social media and cry over their heartbreak, end up on antidepressants, etc. etc. etc. Try to call them out on it and they'll just run back to the men who don't judge them (because they want more than anything to get in their pants so they say what the woman wants to hear) ... the bad boys.

Good, quality men are rational, problem solver types. See problem. Fix problem. You then have peace. Women don't seem to want problems solved, or want peace... peace is boring to them, they just want things to be emotional about.. any type of emotion.. they feed on drama.. the men who are into PUA know this and know how to play on that. Stimulate her emotions to get her addicted to you like crack, then take her life through a tailspin, for better or for worse. In any case I'm starting to meander off topic here. haha.

These are all generalizations so don't be offended if you don't fit these molds.

Last edited by sholomar; 12-01-2017 at 03:37 AM..

Old 12-01-2017, 03:12 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Women don't know what they really want, by in large, especially when it comes to relationships and passions.. they just kind of go with the flow, which is why they don't do so well with these sort of social justice issues. They complain about men but won't give the type of men who actually treat them nicely the time of day in the sack, and will go out of their way to shag the most outgoing, uber confident bad boy types they can find, and then go and complain that they are asses to them. They can't separate what society has programmed into them from what their monkey mind tells them to go after, so they are constantly in conflict with themselves, which makes many of them just a pain to be around. haha. Then they rationalize it all off, try to blame everyone else, go to social media and cry over their heartbreak, end up on antidepressants, etc. etc. etc. Try to call them out on it and they'll just run back to the men who don't judge them (because they want more than anything to get in their pants so they say what the woman wants to hear) ... the bad boys.
Wow...blanket statement much.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Wow...blanket statement much.
This wasn't meant to be judgmental. Women can't help it because it's the way we are wired from 500,000 years of evolution.. we all fight with ourselves, male and female, more specifically it's a battle between what we've become: our rational, thinking mind, and what we used to be..our instinctual, emotional, mind. It's our neocortex vs our limbic system. It's not an easy fight, sometimes. I know people think emotions are evolved but actually emotions came before consciousness. All mammals have emotions. Emotions are instinctual. When personal development gurus talk about being in the now, it's almost like how an animal lives life... not lost in thought.. just instincts and feelings, focused on their environment and surroundings.. in any case I'm going off topic but I do find this topic fascinating.

I like the above guy's post (I particularly liked the first sentence about turning a Darwinian nightmare into a zoo, haha) but he is being overly judgmental about things which cannot be helped, that are ruled by DNA strands. It's important to remember that because it brings peace, at least to me, to know all of humanity's sum actions and in fact everything that goes in with all life on the planet are just DNA strands doing what DNA strands do... changing and evolving, or not, depending on the stimuli they run into... I wish women were more rational but they are not, and no amount of complaining about it will do anything. I merely state it because I have an interest in science. There's plenty of irrational men, by the way.

I applaud their rallies because by doing what they are doing, promoting change and growth, they promote changes to DNA which might evolve us as a species down the road, even if here in the now, they have trouble knowing what they really want because of a hodge podge of DNA that gives them different answers to the same question. Progressives have the right idea, they just let their emotions get in the way sometimes. You gotta balance your emotional side with the ability to have good critical thinking and problem solving skills. Moderates and independents for the win!

Last edited by sholomar; 12-01-2017 at 04:11 AM..

Old 12-01-2017, 04:03 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Neither.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:47 PM

Another case of people biting the hand that feeds them, more simply put than my previous replies. Agree or not?

Old 12-01-2017, 03:08 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
If you ask a stupid question, you tend to get stupid answers. Who would prefer a theocracy over a secular government?

I don't see how people who equate Muslims with extremists are any better than those who equate Christians with extremists. It's intellectual dishonesty at best.

Also a nice touch that the interviewer uses a transphobic slur in the comments. That tells you quite a lot about her, and nothing good.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:29 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Stupid thread and stupid video.

Most of the women rejected this "choice" as false, and I applaud them.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:20 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
If you ask a stupid question, you tend to get stupid answers. Who would prefer a theocracy over a secular government?

I don't see how people who equate Muslims with extremists are any better than those who equate Christians with extremists. It's intellectual dishonesty at best.

Also a nice touch that the interviewer uses a transphobic slur in the comments. That tells you quite a lot about her, and nothing good.
Christrian extremists are condemned by almost every Christian. Muslim fundamentalists on the other hand are rarely condemned by liberal muslims. Most muslims globally believe that it's ok to beat your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies