Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 06:42 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,794 times

Advertisements

This should go over good. NFL cutting Breast Cancer and Military Charity Funds in order to pay for their social justice foolishness.
NFL to Cut Breast Cancer, Military Charity Funds to Pay for Proposed Social Justice Activism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 06:46 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Given recent acts, it's no big surprise that the NFL would continue to support racist, supremacist groups.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:50 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
So 1 just 1 player says it is cutting the other programs so that means it must be true? LOL

Give a good link that the other programs are being cut.

It's their money so they can fund what they wish.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:52 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
I can't believe anyone actually wastes time and money on sports.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:53 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So 1 just 1 player says it is cutting the other programs so that means it must be true? LOL

Exactly. The first person you see when you click on the link is Kaepernick. The NFL is trying their hardest to distance themselves from him.

Gateway Pundit = fake news.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I haven't watched a game this season. I have missed nothing. I'm not even curious about scores. College level football is far more entertaining. Those kids play like they love the sport and their team.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:54 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I can't believe anyone actually wastes time and money on sports.
Ah, you are one of those that believe since you don't like sports then nobody should and that they are stupid.

Thank you for your comment.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:55 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Screw the NFL I liked watching football but not watching this year.they want to promote SJW causes they can go to hell.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:01 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post

Just remember, it's OK for a bakery to deny a gay couple a wedding cake because "they are a private business," but if the NFL decides to spend money on something the righties don't like, suddenly it's a horrible thing and a "victory for the leftists" or some nonsense.

As for the topic at hand, I doubt they'd actually do that simply because of the PR backlash. But at this point, I don't give a damn about the NFL anyway since they are nothing but a sleazy pile of corporate hypocrites. They drape themselves in the flag as examples of "What American is about!" and yet have no problem with:
  • Ray Rice beating the crap out of fiance; almost nothing happened until the video went viral
  • Ray Lewis and his likely involvement in somebody's death
  • Mike Vick and his sick enjoying of torturing animals; he got out of prison and the League happily took him back.
  • Deflate-Gate, proving it's fine to cheat, if you don't get caught up front.
  • The endless efforts to sweep the concussion issues and the permanent brain damage inflicted on the League's players under the rug.
And those are just the examples I can think of from the top of my head. No, the League will happily tolerate everything from watching dogs kill each other for fun as well as beating the crap out of a woman, and they won't do anything about it until public pressure forces some half-arsed response. But the moment a bunch of players start taking knees during the anthem, the League loses it and puts far more effort into threatening them then they ever did with all the thugs, crooks, and scum that live in their ranks. And the fans - big surprise - are often no better, whining about "SJW's" while gladly turning a blind eye towards any actual criminal provided he "wins duh big game, duhhh!"

So, the NFL can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. Ironically, they ruined football.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:02 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
The Saints won today...I ignore all the crappola.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies