Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 08:26 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,583,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
26 pages in ... and we still have liberals trying to justify this verdict .
What, specifically, is unjustifiable about the verdict? Educate me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,956 posts, read 13,668,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Instead of postulating totally based on only racial bias how's about actually knowing what was charged and possible verdicts?
Murder was NOT the only possible verdict. Please do try and keep up...
Did not know that if you dropped a weapon and it went off killing some one you could go to prison for murder or homicide.

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Sad. Un-American PROGRESSIVES trying to make themselves FEEL better.

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I understood why he wasn’t found guilty of murder, but in my opinion he could have been charged with manslaughter and gotten convicted. The DA in that case overcharged.

I agree, if there was no option to convict on a lesser charge then the DA messed up badly since from based on the facts there was no intent. Anyone that wants to get upset over this should focus on the DA not the person that was found not guilty of the charges filed.

Sad case, and I hope her family finds a way to heal and move on with their lives, I would venture to guess that is what the young lady would want.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,800 times
Quote:

Sorry the truth has come out and it disappoints you.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:29 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Lee View Post
have you ever fired a handgun at 100 feet, well i have many times, and i have seen even police officers during training hit the ground at 75 feet (25 yards), well according to the news she was roughly 100 feet away, so he could have easily been aiming for her and hit the ground instead. Imo he [b]should have been convicted of second degree murder [/b]since he was committing a felony shooting a firearm that he was not allowed to posses.
he was convicted of nothing!!! Nothing!!!

Old 12-01-2017, 08:32 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Did not know that if you dropped a weapon and it went off killing some one you could go to prison for murder or homicide.
The weapon didn't fire because it was dropped. It fired because someone pulled the trigger.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:34 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
INSANE!!!

HE EVEN SAID HE MURDERED HER BY ACCIDENT AND THEY STILL ACQUITTED HIM OF "MANSLAUGHTER", WHICH IS ACCIDENTAL MURDER!!!

THAT JURY NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS !!!

THIS WAS TOTALLY POLITICAL!!! TOTALLY!!

THEY HAD THEIR MINDS MADE UP!!! CALIFORNIA IS A HELL HOLE AND SAN FRANCISCO IS THE CAPITOL!!
What are you proposing to do to the members of the jury? Punishing jury members that don't vote the right way is something that you would see in a third world banana republic run by an authoritarian dictator. Which I guess we should expect now that the US fits that description.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Collateral damage of the gun culture??
The guy was a 5 time illegal alien, the gun was stolen and he certainly did not have a license for it or the bullets. In most states it is illegal to discharge a firearm within so many feet of a dwelling never mind on a crowded pier The question should be is how did this guy get the gun and why did he feel the need to carry it? Was he planning on using it to intimidate his fellow illegals or to "earn money" by committing armed robbery? Where others after him for some reason and he felt he needed a gun to protect himself?
Was he planning to use it on ICE officers when they came to deport him for the 6th time?
There is no question over how he got the gun. The BLM agent left it in an unlocked car and it was stolen and left in a public park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know about you lymensch but I don't own a stolen illegal gun.

Trump was right to use this ugly scene to make his political point about how important it is to follow immigration laws and to secure our border. This guy was scum, he was not the best and brightest, he was not a future valedictorian and he was not here to do the jobs that Americans refuse to do. He was here because our elected failed us all and a woman lost her life because of it.
And yet no mention of securing the gun that was stolen in the first place.

Given how many people are killed every day by unsecured guns, wouldn't that have been a more relevant point for him to have made?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:42 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,942,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If that is true, then the State will do very well on appeal. But it isn't, apparently.
There is NO appeal. He can't be tried for this again due to double jeopardy.

About the best we can hope for is a good prison guard might "accidentally" let him out into the yard during Aryan Nation recess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies