U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 03:50 PM

2,516 posts, read 821,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The report in redstate suggests the sig is hair triggered. 4 lbs and a little. Common weapon involved in accidental firings.

And I would not bet on it not firing. They warn against uncocking the gun by hand. Supposed to use the provided lever. Apparently easy to get off a shot if you mess with the hammer by hand.
Edit: The following is for dropping. Yes, a gun can go off if you drop it, but the instances where this happens are incredibly rare. If you care, here's a good explanation, from a non-biased site. In addition, I'd say from the fact that the bullet ricocheted off the ground then hit her, it had to have been in his hand with his finger on the trigger. If dropped, if he was 'unwrapping it', whatever lame excuse is used, the bullet isn't likely to have behaved the way it did. He pulled that trigger.

https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopener...e-firearm.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 03:55 PM

22,636 posts, read 16,753,813 times
The DOJ is going after that illegal alien since CA can't get it together and act like they are part of this country:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/9...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 12-01-2017, 03:59 PM

25,269 posts, read 15,298,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
That's when it's fully cocked. And if you **** it and drop it it still won't fire all by itself. A force has to be applied to the trigger. Period. Sig tests these scenarios incessantly.

Why do you insist on taking up slack for this dirtbag?
It's the duty of a lib to fight for criminals over victims .

The criminals are always the "real" victims in their world .

Old 12-01-2017, 04:01 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,482,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The Steinle family should sue the BLM and the park ranger whose gun was used in the shooting. I mean what kind of idiot leaves a loaded unsecured gun under the seat of his car while he has a leisurely dinner in a restaurant in downtown San Francisco?
Especially in San Francisco where any petty crime goes unpunished! Not only sue the BLM but the city and county of San Francisco for letting him walk and every judge that let him walk after the first couple of felonies.

BOYCOTT SAN FRANCISCO

Old 12-01-2017, 04:02 PM

21,295 posts, read 14,293,987 times
A former State Supreme Court justice just died here.

He served as the judge in the trial of a notorious serial murder in the 1980s, which made him famous, and had the extremely rare occasion to serve as a jury member in another trial while still sitting on the bench.

He said serving on the jury was a far harder job than being a judge. He said a jury are all strangers, and any jury is at the complete mercy of the course of the trial, and then must meet in a small room that they cannot leave until they agree. And the agreement must be 100%, based only on the facts that were presented to them.

Those facts are seldom all that have been presented. Some of the most important never are allowed, and when the jury is removed from the courtroom, the jury never knows what's being discussed. Other facts have instructions to be ignored if they are heard by the jury.

So the jury is almost always given an incomplete set of facts and claims to use to make their decision.

The judge said that was immensely difficult.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:03 PM

32,775 posts, read 13,851,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Should have been a hung jury -- then he could have been tried over again ! The jury could have been tainted somehow; it happens. His lawyer looks like a greasy sleazy scumbag too.

Next: on to federal court ---------- yes !
This is not going to federal court, this is the way the justice system works.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
OK but that doesn't address what I said.

There are many places that do not require them. Even then, someone recently here legally isn't going to have much if anything to go on. Those just starting out. etc.

Citizens should not be expected to go to great lengths because the federal government has refused to do it's job.
At all levels...<bold>

Old 12-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't blame the court or jurors in this case. I am sure they probably delivered the only logical verdict.. Its hard to make a case that this guy murdered this girl when the bullet ricocheted off a concrete block.. he obviously was not aiming at her.. now should he have a larger charge than simple possession of firearm.. probably but that's another story.. injustices like this take place every day in every state.....

The issue i have is this guy was in local custody and federal authorities were set to deport him (again) but the local authorities and politicians have set in place a system that refuses to turn these guys over to federal authorities for deportation in fact they release them back into the city. Then this guy goes out and kills someone.. call it murder, call it manslaughter, call it a tragic accident.. what ever you want to call it.. the city of San Francisco (especially the politicians) is responsible for this girls death PERIOD.. and if it were my daughter, i would not stop until the leaders of this city were all out of a job.. What do you think would happen if that girl had been the daughter of the mayor of San Francisco instead of just another innocent by stander..

Leaders that allow crap like this to take place should be held responsible, at the very least by losing their jobs...
So if that same person stole a car and drove without the benefit of knowing how and he then ricochets off of a curb and mows down your daughter killing her he shouldn't be convicted of Involuntary Manslaughter because he didn't mean to run her down?
You seriously want to argue that?

Old 12-01-2017, 04:13 PM

9,068 posts, read 2,964,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'll tell you what it would have been if I'd been on the jury...one of two choices:

• Hung jury
  • GUILTY OF MURDER

You will never be seated on a jury. You'll be the first one excluded.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:19 PM

2,163 posts, read 2,362,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
The narrative that you found is nothing but blatant lies. There was only one shot fired, that is an indisputable fact that came out during the trial. Where did you find this bogus story?

Sorry, found it on Wikipedia in about 2 seconds. I'll check other sources next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or