Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 08:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,766,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Late yesterday, after the verdict, U.S. immigration officials said he would be deported. I don't know if that's what Sessions has in mind for him though.
Sessions came out tonight saying he will ultimately be deported, but after he is tried for all crimes he is suspected of. Firing a gun in a public place, attempting to kill a seal (his words), re-entering the US multiple times after being deported...etc. If they stack his crimes he could/should end up in prison for quite some time.

Serving a long sentence in a Federal prison would be justice for this slug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 08:07 PM

23,186 posts, read 12,303,428 times
Tuesday, a US jury found Ahmed Abu Khatallah, the Muslim who was the mastermind of the Benghazi attack, not guilty for the murders of 4 Americans.
Thursday, a CA jury found Garcia Zarate, the illegal who killed her, not guilty for her murder.

Obama had said that he would fundamentally transform this country, he succeeded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Sessions came out tonight saying he will ultimately be deported, but after he is tried for all crimes he is suspected of. Firing a gun in a public place, attempting to kill a seal (his words), re-entering the US multiple times after being deported...etc. If they stack his crimes he could/should end up in prison for quite some time.

Thanks for that update. I hope Zarate rots in prison.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:31 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,247,796 times
I thought liberals and sanctuary cities were to protect people?

I can only imagine what was going through the fathers mind when he was holding his daughter in his arms after being shot, being her last words “help me, dad”.

If it was reversed, a white person shooting in illegal immigrant by “accident” San Francisco would be on �� fire with looting and shooting.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,285,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

You don't really believe that silliness do you? The Feds have already got him on all his illegal crossings. In my opinion they could have sent him up for ten years or more...but they did not do so. He will easily beat silly stuff like the seal shooting and all that. And if they try to get him on possession they will run into double jeopardy and lose even if they try it. There is little evidence he was in possession of a gun. Just stumbled across one...screwed up in obtaining it and immediately got rid of it.

All Sessions will get from this incident is a split lip.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:52 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,064,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is compelling evidence this was an accidental shooting which may have been contributed to by the hair trigger on the sig when in single action mode. The ranger testified the weapon was in single action mode and loaded with one in the chamber and 7 in the magazine. It was pulled from the bay with one in the chamber and 6 in the magazine. So one round fired in single action mode. Compatible with an accident particularly as the shooter was gun naïve.

An actually sig had a voluntary upgrade of one model last August over it firing when dropped. So the belief it won't happen with a sig is clearly in error in at least some cases.

Anyone heard what model of sig this was? Can find lots of details including the trigger pull force but no mention of the model.
I don't doubt you or your source but I find it difficult to believe that there's a single person on this planet who's stupid enough to store a loaded handgun, cocked and unlocked, under the seat of a car in downtown San Francisco. If this is true that ranger should be fired. As to the particular model, I read somewhere that it was a SIG P239 in .40 caliber. This is a compact model of their earlier models the P220 and P226 and is mechanically identical. I have never heard of a single discharge from being dropped with this family of pistols. The internal firing pin block tends to prevent this.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:56 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,732,762 times
Only in California when you use the wrong gender pronoun and you should be thrown in jail. But if you're a 5x deported illegal with a long criminal history and you shoot someone, you get to walk free.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:03 PM

17,320 posts, read 11,192,172 times
He'll be going to jail for quite a while when the DOJ is done with him. This is just the beginning. Both he and San Fran will be made an example of. Thank goodness the libs aren't in charge of the DOJ now or he'd be getting the keys to the city and a free education at Berkeley.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:57 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,285,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
He'll be going to jail for quite a while when the DOJ is done with him. This is just the beginning. Both he and San Fran will be made an example of. Thank goodness the libs aren't in charge of the DOJ now or he'd be getting the keys to the city and a free education at Berkeley.
You poor right wingers need to pay more attention. The problems the Feds have is they have already exhausted their ability to charge him for crossing the border illegally. And it is very likely that nothing else will stick. So they screw around for a year or two and then deport him. But then he may fight to remain in the US because he was wronged by the government. Would that not be a kick. The RW favorite killer with US status because they refused to do what they had the right to do...which is deport him.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:01 PM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I thought liberals and sanctuary cities were to protect people?
They are to protect ILLEGAL ALIENS, including criminal illegal aliens it seems.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:03 PM

1,804 posts, read 2,362,021 times
Whenever an officer gets off on a murder, the majority of you come in here with your hard on's about the system working

Now the same posters want to cry foul about the system working.

If only half of you had this much symphony when a unarmed black is gunned down by an officer.

I guess it's only tragedy when a white is killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies