U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 12:51 PM

19,785 posts, read 11,033,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'm going to leave this here.

Not being able to force your religion on others is not oppression and persecution. Sorry.
I have a friend in Mali who became a Christian when he was a teenager.

His father chained him to a tree in the back yard and his mother tried to poison him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 12:51 PM

34,516 posts, read 28,801,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
It's already happened that Exxon was accused of telling "climate lies" and a bunch on the Left have talked about "climate deniers". Also, people are already being fired, fined, and even imprisoned for not supporting same-sex "weddings" and loads of "hate speech" laws are cropping up.

I truly fear if the Dems stay in power, conservative, especially conservative Christians, will be driven underground and America will go full-blown despotic. That's why I'm sounding the alarm and becoming as ferocious to fight the Left as they are in fighting us. (Sadly, I cannot out-fervor them as my body cannot handle that much hate flowing through me.)
No. I don't.

And, I hate to point out the glaringly obvious, but the Republicans are currently in power.

Has it occurred to you that, maybe...

Exxon was lying about their climate change figures?
Denying climate science is a bad thing?

Nobody's been put in prison for not supporting same-sex marriage.

People may have been fined or fired for discrimination, but when was that a bad thing to be fired or fined for? How much would you mind if you woke up tomorrow and people wouldn't let heterosexuals get married? Would you want those people forced to obey the law and allow it or would you just say "well, that's how they want it, so I'll just allow my rights to be infringed" or something?

Hate speech... that's tricky. Is it hate speech to hold a Neo-Nazi or KKK rally and talk about killing people who aren't white or starting a race war? I mean, I think that sounds really alarming.

So, what, exactly, are you worried over?

That some people who care about the climate of the planet might be believed?

That some people who are gay and want to get married will be freely given the same rights as people who are heterosexual and want to get married?

What about that is so horrific?

Old 12-01-2017, 12:58 PM

4,318 posts, read 2,242,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
When did Dems get into power? Was there an election I missed?

But then again, those people locked in the right-wing echo chambers appear to think Obama and Clinton are both president.
This site seems to be fully of people who have been influenced to believe that everything negative about the United States, be it: Social, Political, or Financial, is somehow the fault of an evil cabal of rich leftists determined to destroy whatever decency remains in America.

It is sad really, because most of America doesn't completely self identify as Right or Left, but who knows maybe they are really all subversive foreign agents.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:03 PM

13,053 posts, read 7,778,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Honestly, no. DO NOT SEARCH LADYBOY Not joking, not kidding, if you don't know what it is.
Ah! Something I don't want to know or care about. Thanks for the heads up. Now back to the topic at hand.

OP! you must live in a bunker to believe that libs will make criticism illegal!
Better chance of Trump declaring the 65% who didn't vote for him illegal.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:08 PM

8,499 posts, read 11,010,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Ah! Something I don't want to know or care about. Thanks for the heads up. Now back to the topic at hand.

OP! you must live in a bunker to believe that libs will make criticism illegal!
Better chance of Trump declaring the 65% who didn't vote for him illegal.
On this we agree. But don't give him ideas about the 65%

Old 12-02-2017, 07:17 AM

5,386 posts, read 1,522,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
More fortunately, Trump is entirely stupid enough to defeat himself.
That's what people were saying throughout 2016, because they weren't smart enough to realize what Trump was doing....
Even Trump's biggest supporters including Kellyanne Conway and Newt Gingrich were trying to encouraging Trump to "stay on message" while he was doing the opposite all the way to November.
Everybody thought his personal tweets and aggressive retaliations were dooming his chances of winning
Trump would have lost if he took notice of their orthodox suggestions.
He's always ahead of the curve.
And nobody realizes it until he's won.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:47 AM

45,601 posts, read 33,869,749 times
Quote:
It's already happened that Exxon was accused of telling "climate lies" and a bunch on the Left have talked about "climate deniers". Also, people are already being fired, fined, and even imprisoned for not supporting same-sex "weddings" and loads of "hate speech" laws are cropping up.

I truly fear if the Dems stay in power, conservative, especially conservative Christians, will be driven underground and America will go full-blown despotic. That's why I'm sounding the alarm and becoming as ferocious to fight the Left as they are in fighting us. (Sadly, I cannot out-fervor them as my body cannot handle that much hate flowing through me.)
Exxon ? You mean the multinational corporation whose long term CEO, Rex Tillerson was chosen by Trump to be SoS?

Huge diff between not supporting civil rights of people and not complying with federal and state civil rights laws.

The Dems are not in power.

A SUPER MAJORITY of US people identify as Christion and do so regardless of political leanings. There are more than 4000 denominations/ sects/ fragments of Christianity in the US. Long, long history of Christians denying equal opportunities/ civil rights to non- Christians.

The original War on Christmas was waged by Christians who outlawed public acknowledgement and Merry- making in the colonies. Subsequent waves of European immigrants refused to assimilate and give up their culture/ traditions. Took nearly 100 years for Christmas to become a Federal Holiday.

Stop the fake victimization crap and enjoy the season.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:55 AM

45,601 posts, read 33,869,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'm going to leave this here.

Not being able to force your religion on others is not oppression and persecution. Sorry.

Worthy of a repeat.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:07 AM

943 posts, read 369,006 times
Quote:

OP is getting this from Jim Bakker and his ilk. (Yes folks, THAT Jim Bakker) Consider the LYING source here. Hard to believe the younger generation doesn't remember his history as well as I do. Read below sounds just like OP.

(I hope posters can put 1+1 together here....white supremacists and evangelicals are the only ones calling for civil war if Trump is removed. Hmm....)

Televangelist Jim Bakker is predicting that Christians would begin a second civil war in the U.S. if President Trump were impeached.
"If it happens, there will be a civil war in the United States of America. The Christians will finally come out of the shadows, because we are going to be shut up permanently if we're not careful," he said on "The Jim Bakker Show" in a clip highlighted by Right Wing Watch.
He also warned that Christians are in danger of losing their voice in American society.

Televangelist Jim Bakker: Christians will start a civil war if Trump is impeached | TheHill

Last edited by motownnative; 12-02-2017 at 08:57 AM..

Old 12-02-2017, 09:00 AM

13,912 posts, read 10,873,846 times
Quote:

I truly believe you are laughable.

Who's controlling the House? Republicans are.

Who's controlling the Senate? Republicans are.

Who controls the White House? Trump, who is on the Republican bandwagon.

White Jesusy types are in power now and will get everything they want. Gays are on the path to being marginalized. Immigration is being cut off. EPA is headed by someone who hates the EPA. Evangelicals are gaining strength and their candidates are winning elections. What the hell more do you want?

In what alternate universe that you occupy is it conservatives cowering in fear right now at the hands of Democrats in charge of legislative agendas?

If anything, the opposite of what you claim is the reality.

Conservatives...even when they're winning, they're sore winners. Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies