Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump try and pardon Flynn?
Yes 60 31.58%
Maybe 49 25.79%
No 81 42.63%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 03:30 PM

23,113 posts, read 12,232,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The Benghazi Committees spent more than 2x what Mueller's team has spent.
Nope. The cost for the almost two year Benghazi investigation was around $7 million. This current investigation, since end of May, has already cost around $7 million. This current investigation is costing around one million dollars a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 03:31 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,573,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Then hopefully it will drag on another couple years so we don't have to worry about it and trump can keep doing what he's doing and keeping this economy booming.
The same economy that has been booming for years? Trump has done nothing to fuel the current boom.

Old 12-05-2017, 03:57 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,646,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Nope. The cost for the almost two year Benghazi investigation was around $7 million. This current investigation, since end of May, has already cost around $7 million. This current investigation is costing around one million dollars a month.
But remember the Congressmen like Gowdy get paid whether they work on investigations or vote on tax bills
So does their staff

Most of the people on this investigation were hired from expensive law firms to do this work
Plus their investigators are traveling overseas

Money well spent
Better than Secret Service for Trump's kids making their business rounds---
Better than the costs to fly Trump et al to play golf every weekend
Better than the cost to run a separate WH in NYC initially and one in Washington

Old 12-05-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I just want it to drag on long enough for Trump to be snubbed when Obama gets invited to the royal wedding in the spring. After that they can impeach him and put Pence or Ryan or whoever in just in time for the change of power in the 2018 elections.
You are optimistic if you think Pence will ever sit in the Oval Office
His lies about what Flynn told him are enough to get him kicked out
Not to mention anything else hinkey...

And I am hoping the investigation at Deutsch Bank will show Russian money going into the RNC...
So lot of pins may fall if it does...

Old 12-05-2017, 04:02 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,559,450 times
Quote:
A Mueller investigation exists because of Russia's active involvement in the US Presidential election. That investigation has already convicted 2 Americans and charged 2 others--all 4 were involved in the Trump campaign. Flynn--who was not only an adviser to the campaign, but was appointed National Security Adviser by Trump--pled guilty and the documents we have now clearly point to someone even more senior in the campaign than Flynn. And now we know that Deutsche Bank records are under subpoena. Deutsche Bank's US real estate section in the recession was frivolously sued by Trump when he defaulted on ~$330M in loans; Deutsche Bank's international private client business ended up bailing Trump out with even larger loans with a personal guarantee--a banker on the real estate side was reportedly flabbergasted that the private client side would think Trump worthy of a loan backed by a personal guarantee. I suspect someone with a stronger record of paying money back than Donald Trump is behind the backing of the personal guarantee on that larger loan.

The Benghazi Committees spent more than 2x what Mueller's team has spent. The Benghazi Committees turned up nothing.

Even Nixon wasn't in bed with Russians trying to influence the US election.
Trump is running out of supporters...

Donald Trump Is Guilty – Foreign Policy

Old 12-05-2017, 04:10 PM

I don't know that writer ever was a Trump fan but Foreign Policy has many contributors and some might be more circumspect as to how far up the food chain the criminality goes---
Of course anyone who has read about Trump's past activities knows that he has been dirty for decades and lying about what he did and with whom...

More closely watched would be the WSJournal
I don't know that FoxNews will ever turn before a conviction...

Old 12-05-2017, 04:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They pleaded guilty to crimes they committed that were uncovered as a result of the investigaton into collusion and election tampering. That is well within Mr. Mueller's charter as the Special Prosecutor.

The investigation continues. We will probably see more convivtions not directly related.
Huh, now correct me if I'm wrong but the investigation was to uncover COLLUSION between Russia and the CAMPAIGN right?

So how the hell is it right or fair to crawl up someone's tailpipe all the way back to when they were babes in their mothers arms?
This looks like it's not at all about COLLUSION but a freaking hunt for any crime in order to convict.

Tell me how I'm wrong...

By the way, I'd not be happy about this no matter which side was getting a (legal?) life colonoscopy...

Old 12-05-2017, 04:24 PM

37,027 posts, read 18,956,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You are optimistic if you think Pence will ever sit in the Oval Office
His lies about what Flynn told him are enough to get him kicked out
Not to mention anything else hinkey...

And I am hoping the investigation at Deutsch Bank will show Russian money going into the RNC...
So lot of pins may fall if it does...
That's why I qualified it. I've said for a while that my money is on Orrin Hatch when the dust settles. Pence is in up to his eyebrows, and he's been keeping a low profile for a couple of months. He knew about Flynn's contacts with Russia before Flynn was hired, and lied about it publicly. He'll go down either before or with Trump, to avoid any pardon pact the two may have made.

This is going to be a much bloodier and more brutal unseating than Nixon.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times
Quote:
Flynn's conviction definitely has something to do with the election. You might want to read the information and plea:
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Se...ment%20(2).pdf
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Se...20AM%20(2).pdf

So Obama sanctions Russia for interfering with the election. Flynn is the go-between from someone right at the top of the Trump team and Russia for discussions of Russian sanctions. And then Flynn lies about it to the FBI. And that's just what is public at this point--the results of Flynn's cooperation with the investigation will eventually be known, and they are certain to damn many in the administration and campaign. You have to ask yourself: why is Trump's transition team engaging in these negotiations with the Russian government when they are not yet in power? More important, why are they trying to cover up these negotiations? The information that is already part of the public record suggests that the Russian oligarchy tried to get Trump in office, that it has financial leverage over Trump, and that it expected returns from a Trump Administration.
Excuse me but wasn't there just a news person suspended for trying to claim Flynn's conviction had something to do with the election? Why yes,yes there was.
What Flynn pled guilty to was lying about something that happened AFTER the election.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:37 PM

37,027 posts, read 18,956,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Huh, now correct me if I'm wrong but the investigation was to uncover COLLUSION between Russia and the CAMPAIGN right?

So how the hell is it right or fair to crawl up someone's tailpipe all the way back to when they were babes in their mothers arms?
This looks like it's not at all about COLLUSION but a freaking hunt for any crime in order to convict.

Tell me how I'm wrong...

By the way, I'd not be happy about this no matter which side was getting a (legal?) life colonoscopy...
Here is the letter from Rosenstein appointing Mueller as Special Prosecutor. He has broad discretion and authorization to investigate links to any criminal activity that might be uncovered during the investigation. Mueller will discharge his responsibilties faithfully and apolitically. He'd put his mother in jail for parking violatons if he had to. He is highly respected on both sides of the aisle.

Flynn's plea bargain means he will find it in himself to be forthcoming and accurate in whatever he tells Mueller. If he changes his story, he'll go down hard, and his son with him, and Flynn knows it. It makes no difference when a criime was committed as long as it is still within the statute of limitations.

Right now, Bobby is looking into the possibility of Russian money being filtered through a German bank to be passed on to Trump, either through mock loans, overpriced real estate purchases, or a number of other channels. If Trump is clean, he has nothing to fear from the investigation. Mueller is not only just, he is fair.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-Russia.html [/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies