Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

The only way he can resign is if he negotiates that deal that lets him off scot free like Nixon did.

Anyone see the on the horizon?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 12-13-2018 at 08:38 PM..

Old 12-13-2018, 08:43 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Fmr WH ethics lawyer Richard Painter, today:

"Donald Trump is in serious trouble. His lawyers ought to be telling him to negotiate a plea deal. It’s time to negotiate a comprehensive plea deal for Donald Trump and his family members. Include federal and state charges. Reduced charges in exchange for his resignation. It’s quite clear his goose is cooked here."

Repeat: Trump's goose is cooked. He'll resign if he thinks his money or his freedom are at stake.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:48 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Treasonous Trump looked pretty miserable and nervous from the clips I saw of his interview on Fox News.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Treasonous Trump looked pretty miserable and nervous from the clips I saw of his interview on Fox News.

Must be Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:54 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,511,991 times
Follow the money.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:02 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Must be Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Agreed, trump is a deranged individual.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:16 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Fmr WH ethics lawyer Richard Painter, today:

"Donald Trump is in serious trouble. His lawyers ought to be telling him to negotiate a plea deal. It’s time to negotiate a comprehensive plea deal for Donald Trump and his family members. Include federal and state charges. Reduced charges in exchange for his resignation. It’s quite clear his goose is cooked here."

Repeat: Trump's goose is cooked. He'll resign if he thinks his money or his freedom are at stake.
Given the plethora of investigations and the coming Democratic majority in the House, it would make sense.

But who would he negotiate a deal with?

Mueller hasn't charged him with anything, so how can he give Trump a pass?

I don't think Pelosi's in a mood to do so. Strategically, getting investigations underway would likely make more sense.

Pence? Maybe he'd agree to a pardon, but would Trump trust him to do it?

Old 12-14-2018, 06:22 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Lol we will be talking about this for the next six years.
What a gift to America, if the trump would resign during the holidays. This man will probably join Nixon in the history of America.

After all of the years of cheating contractors out of money and well, just being the deplorable person he is, maybe being elected president was the thing that was needed to bring this crooked man down. Too bad he had to make America look like chumps; along the way.

I say good riddance trump and don't let the door hit you on your big old fat ego.

(If he goes, I have been saying for 2 years, "he stepped in it now." He seems to have made a deal with the devil or fell in a vat of Teflon.)

Old 12-14-2018, 08:29 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As I have said before, when Trump won the election I predicted that he would resign after two years, saying that he had accomplished all that he set out to do. I don't think he enjoys being President.

Anyway, of late Mr. Trump has been speaking of how much he has accomplished in 10 months. I have a feeling that if the tax reform bill is passed into law under his signature, he may feel that it is his crowning achievement, and will resign.

Yes, no 'wall', but he will point to the marked drop in illegals crossing the border as being sufficient, and also blame the Democrats (and Republicans; he is totally non-biased in blaming others).

The above is what I wrote on December 1, 2017, so just over a year ago.

I am still of the opinion that President Trump will resign, possibly next month.

He has again been speaking of how he has accomplished all that he set out to do, including The Wall. As he tweeted on December 11th:

"....People do not yet realize how much of the Wall, including really effective renovation, has already been built. If the Democrats do not give us the votes to secure our Country, the Military will build the remaining sections of the Wall. They know how important it is!"

Now, ignore his demanding 5 billion more for the wall (although he has not actually spent the prior 1.2 billion provided for border improvement). My point is, this tweet shows that he is claiming that much of the wall has been built. His supporters will, of course, believe it.

Why would Mr. Trump stay on? He is facing a hostile House in a few weeks. He is starting to lose support among Republicans.

I bet that delicate negotiations are underway for Mr. Trump to gracefully exit, with promises by State and Federal authorities to not seek prison terms for he and his family. Obviously, a presidential pardon by Pence is also being discussed, no doubt.

Let us check back in on January 20, 2019.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:38 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
He'll throw his entire family under the bus - except for the daughter he wants to bang. Could you ever imagine someone writing what I just did about the President of the United States. I would of said, "no." But, here we are.

I'm not sure if he will resign. I don't know if he is aware enough to know what kind of trouble he is in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies