Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 12:23 PM

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Resign for what?

For the FBI agreeing with him that Flynn lied?

(That was why Trump fired him a year ago, remember?)

He'll probably praise the FBI for finally getting one right, even if a year late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
You’ve been watching Fox News. Lol. Yep, that’s their spin. Take an hour to READ a variety of news articles regarding Flynn....from liberal and conservative sources. And when I say conservative....I mean legit conservative journalism....not Alex John and his ilk. I think you'll come to a different conclusion.

Unless of course, you enjoy playing the victim.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute that Flynn pleading guilty is nothing more than what Trump already dealt with, firing the man for lying himself. So I'll make vague references to other sources without naming any, and hope that somebody somewhere believes I've made a contribution to the debate.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:23 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
Resign? No and be re-elected in 2020 by a wider margin than he was in 2016.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD7A1ZaXgAAFlH_.jpg
By wider...which wider? He'll not win the popular vote by more? Or he'll actually win or come close to winning the popular vote?

Old 12-01-2017, 01:02 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Given what has come out today about Michael Flynn's plea deal, do you think Trump will resign?

I don't think so; he'll have to be carried out kicking and screaming. One way or another, he'll need to be removed, because his ego won't let him admit defeat and resign.

(By the way, this thread is not to discuss that plea deal; there is another thread for that. I just want to know what you think Trump will do as a result.)
I think he might resign at some point, when things are a bit more quiet.

He also might just stay in. I really doubt he'll run for re-election unless he's dared to do it or something equally juvenile. I think he misses being a private citizen without people expecting so much of him and lobbing hatred at him constantly.

I could absolutely see him resigning if he could come up with a reason that makes him look good... and smart.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:09 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Given what has come out today about Michael Flynn's plea deal, do you think Trump will resign?

I don't think so; he'll have to be carried out kicking and screaming. One way or another, he'll need to be removed, because his ego won't let him admit defeat and resign.

(By the way, this thread is not to discuss that plea deal; there is another thread for that. I just want to know what you think Trump will do as a result.)
JFC, I seriously wonder just how much the left even pays attention to anything going on.

You did know that Trump fired Flynn for this, right? Or were you absent from life that week when everyone on the left acted like they're acting today - and yet, still Donald J. Trump is your president.

He's not going anywhere.

And if the Dems keep doing stupid sh** like they have, you all are going to have him as YOUR President for 8, beautiful years.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
JFC, I seriously wonder just how much the left even pays attention to anything going on.

You did know that Trump fired Flynn for this, right? Or were you absent from life that week when everyone on the left acted like they're acting today - and yet, still Donald J. Trump is your president.

He's not going anywhere.

And if the Dems keep doing stupid sh** like they have, you all are going to have him as YOUR President for 8, beautiful years.
He fired him for getting caught and due to the furor from within his own party. Or were you absent that week?

Old 12-01-2017, 01:14 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:

He's not going anywhere.

Trump fired Flynn only after mounting pressure for him to do so. Speculation is why did it take Trump so long to get rid of Flynn. Maybe it was because Trump was afraid to fire Flynn for exactly what we are witnessing here, a Michael Flynn flip. It also would explain Trump's attempt at obstruction of justice in talking to Sen. Burr to kill the Russian investigation.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:18 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
He fired him for getting caught and due to the furor from within his own party. Or were you absent that week?
The lefty spin doesn't work anymore. Have you been absent the last year when America told the left: We aren't buying your BS anymore.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:18 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:

If he got his cattle sired from the same herd as the Conyers bull we will have to wait and see when the cows come home.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The lefty spin doesn't work anymore. Have you been absent the last year when America told the left: We aren't buying your BS anymore.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:

Kicking and Screaming is most likely, then calling for his minions to rise up and tear apart the Nation if that is what it takes to keep him in power. They do not have the will or power to get it done so that is that.
The odds are Trump would be removed from office but pardoned so no jail time, the same cannot be said for his lackeys, most of whom will end up doing at least some time. I would add the odds are then that but Kush and trump will be single, both women would have ample grounds for a divorce and a nice fat check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies