Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 04:08 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I'm beginning to get flashbacks from the outrage on my side concerning this tax bill. The world isn't going to end and the economy isn't going to implode. I'm not in favor of this tax cut, but calm down.
People get nervous when they're about to pull a heist...so do the victims for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 04:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
I'm beginning to get flashbacks from the outrage on my side concerning this tax bill. The world isn't going to end and the economy isn't going to implode. I'm not in favor of this tax cut, but calm down.
Where are you seeing people coming unglued? Pointing out that this Tax Bill is awful for the American People and Nation is not over reacting. Can you point to some examples?

Old 12-01-2017, 05:15 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,949,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
because liberals havent been hysterical to everything else to this point
Exactly what I was thinking... they have been bat**** crazy since the election.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:15 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm cool with it. More money in my pocket since my family is dual income in a high COL area. Less money in most Trump voters pockets. And never again can the right claim to care about the deficit.
Deficits are caused by SPENDING.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
As I said in another thread, having it pass is fine with me. After a year or two when it's apparent it has little or no effect on the economy and we continue to get, like, 2% GDP growth, same as the last several years, then it'll be a great lesson that tax cuts do little or nothing to help the economy.
Current GDP growth under the new administration has been 3.1% in 2017. In comparison, 1.6% in 2016.
We should check back in around this time in 2018. I'm going to predict we'll be up around 4% by then, not floundering around the 2% zone as we were for all of Obama's years as president.

PS. In 2009, Obama's first year, we had a whopping -2.8% growth. No, that's not a typo. It was a negative number. Obama's best year saw 2.6% growth, but if you averaged them all out it hangs around 2%. And that's if you leave out the negative 2009 growth. And I did because I would never try to hold a new president responsible for everything he is inheriting. Everyone needs a little time to get things rolling like they want them too. The problem was, the following years just weren't that much better.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:36 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,521,992 times
I have just bookmarked your prediction. You might get a quarter here or there with 4% growth (Obama did) but there is no way in God's green earth you're going to get a yearly average like that. And I note that would be the case no matter who was elected president.

When Obama took office the economy was already deep into crash mode. In fact, even when he was elected it was already deep into crash mode. The recession started in December 2007, almost a year before he was elected.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:57 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:

huge boost to multibillion-dollar private-equity companies
Quote:

"The Cornyn amendment would extend this new tax break to PTPs."

"This could also have a huge impact for hedge funds and real estate," he said in an email. "It also undermines the [real-estate investment trust] rules because rental income is now subject to a lower tax rate through a PTP than through a REIT."

Put another way, a real-estate company could reclassify as a PTP instead of a REIT and get the pass-through deduction on income made from rents.

Steve Schwarzman, the CEO of Blackstone, was an adviser to President Donald Trump and helped lead his council of business executives. The council was disbanded earlier this year after Trump's response to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Republican, Trump tax-reform bill: Senate break for private equity - Business Insider
I guess 20 and 23% rates for billionaires seems fair ? i mean does it?

Old 12-01-2017, 05:57 PM

30,347 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
I kind of hope the liberals freak out like it's the end of the world...so I vote no on liberals not freaking out.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:59 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I have never been stressed when my taxes were lowered.
Obama raised taxes and the national debt more than any president in history. So anyone who is concerned about taxes going up should rest easy knowing that the worst is behind us.
Obama extended the tax cuts from Bush. He didn't raise them. Taxes are still at decades lows.

Congress sets and approves spending, not the President. But... you're false again.

You guy, are a liar in many regards.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:03 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,597 times
Please liberals when Trump passes a LaW that mandates YOU do something.

Don’t act crazy.

Accept it for it is

The LAW of the Land.

Rubber stamped by the Supreme Court no less.

It is the LAW of the land.

Don’t act crazy and just accept it.

Lolz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies