Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 06:51 PM

276 posts, read 178,591 times

Advertisements

Russian here. You Americans are so silly. We post DNC emails of your politics and now mother USSR gets the president we want har har har!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 09:13 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Then why did Flynn lie about doing it?
It's not illegal to contact Russia.

It's illegal depending on what they talked about.

Flynn is accused of asking Kislyak to delay a UN vote and not let things within Russia escalate after the US imposed some sanctions prior to trump taking office.

Both of those actions are illegal.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:41 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is absolutely nothing illegal about contacting other countries. Why did he do it then? That's a interesting questions. Those in government often times seem to believe lies and diversions are how they should answer even when the truth is the far better answer.

The "left" was blaming the loss by Hillary on the Russians and Trump wanted to hide the fact that they had even talked to them.

Fill me in?
I don't understand this post.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:31 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post

Flynn is accused of asking Kislyak to delay a UN vote and not let things within Russia escalate after the US imposed some sanctions prior to trump taking office.

Both of those actions are illegal.
Absutely wrong on two counts:

1) Flynn is accused of lying to the FBI about contacting the Russians

2) There is absolutely nothing wrong about contacting foreign emissaries as part of a transition team and asking for policy adjustments in light of starting a new relationship as long as there is not a
nefarious quid pro quo.....general national interest quid pro quo is common occurrence (for example, since I supported your UN resolution X, please give me that trade preferential treatment Y)

Last edited by saturno_v; 12-01-2017 at 11:18 PM..

Old 12-01-2017, 10:51 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Getting a bit harder to find that cozy lil' safe space of confirmation bias to nuzzle up inside of.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:56 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasekos View Post
This is bad for trump I think. But There are more important problem. Like moving Vancouver to Seattle.

Seattle I think is better city.
Yeah, I see what you mean.
Moving Vancouver to Seattle is a huge project. Does Seattle have room for Vancouver ?

Old 12-02-2017, 01:13 AM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
TDS has become a metastatic cancer. What is confusing is if Russia is the enemy how can the Russians be the witness's relied on ? Either they can be trusted or they can't but it can't be both.
The OP relies on Russian TV to get his news. Pushing Russian propaganda.... Man, they don't even try and keep themselves secret anymore. Must be their popularity with the Left, as they hang on every word "Russia".

Old 12-02-2017, 01:43 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
The OP relies on Russian TV to get his news. Pushing Russian propaganda.... Man, they don't even try and keep themselves secret anymore. Must be their popularity with the Left, as they hang on every word "Russia".

...after comments like this I understand more and more the bewilderment on that video...

Old 12-02-2017, 10:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Why did trump and pence keep lying if there was no issue? Remember how trump kept saying no one in his campaign ever had anything to do with Russia?
That's a lot of lying and 'forgotten' contacts to cover up the truth, wouldn't you say? Why so many lies from the Trump team? It's almost as if they are guilty of something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies