Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 08:04 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If the IQ's of those coming from MS were extremely high due to increased spending I'd be all for it. But they are just going to use it for Jack Daniels and Bump-stocks and some options on a Pick-me-up, so I am against redistribution.
Too bad you can't spend a month in the South. You'd discover the vast majority of people are very good people who work hard, pay taxes, raise families and don't use it to buy Jack Daniels. Why are so many Democrats or I should say liberals like yourself the most biased and most mean spirited individuals in this country? Do you have any idea what you sound like? Probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 08:10 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
“We”?

So you want NYC fund manager billionaires to pay less taxes? You don’t seem very consistent.
No you are. I have family who work on Wall Street and hedge funds. They are the ones who will make out on this plan. Not by a measly 800 a year either. It seems some of you are all hyped up that middle class families struggling in blue states will be negatively effected. Not taking into consideration that say my cousin who usually gets a 2 million bonus will now be getting a 5 million bonus due to the additional net his fund makes. You think they are going to give it to the administrative assistant living pay check to pay check? Sure they may give her/him an extra 2k, that 2k can go straight to that persons credit card lol.
It’s the middle class being hurt here. Not the Uber rich, they are benefitting. Bigly.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:18 AM

1,400 posts, read 863,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
No you are. I have family who work on Wall Street and hedge funds. They are the ones who will make out on this plan. Not by a measly 800 a year either. It seems some of you are all hyped up that middle class families struggling in blue states will be negatively effected. Not taking into consideration that say my cousin who usually gets a 2 million bonus will now be getting a 5 million bonus due to the additional net his fund makes. You think they are going to give it to the administrative assistant living pay check to pay check? Sure they may give her/him an extra 2k, that 2k can go straight to that persons credit card lol.
It’s the middle class being hurt here. Not the Uber rich, they are benefitting. Bigly.
How much SALT will your cousin pay, and not be able to deduct now? The top rate doesn't really even come down much, how can you say the wealthy will benefit?

Old 12-02-2017, 08:23 AM

1,199 posts, read 638,566 times
Quote:
What a load of nonsensebased onnothing but stereotypes.
All identity politics is based on stereotypes. Whether the stereotype of the country bumpkin Trump supporter is “nonsense” depends on which side of the aisle you’re on. You don’t seem as bothered by stereotypes about librul elites.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:24 AM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Just getting rid of the desasterous individul mandate makes it worth voting for.
Bet we are still stuck with the fine.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
So, you’re claiming that a 10% tax cut will result in a 250% increase in your cousin’s bonus?

ROFLMAO!!!

Old 12-02-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
How much SALT will your cousin pay, and not be able to deduct now? The top rate doesn't really even come down much, how can you say the wealthy will benefit?
He actually lives in Miami. And trust me the additional millions he will get will well make up for any SALT deduction. Even the Uber rich paying 150 in real estate taxes, the millions more they make will make that SALT deduction look like pennies.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Just a reminder, every time this Nation goes deeper into debt we all owe more and sooner or later we will have to pay the Piper.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:28 AM

1,199 posts, read 638,566 times
Quote:
So, you’re claiming that a 10% tax cut will result in a 250% increase in your cousin’s bonus?

ROFLMAO!!!
In your zeal to shoot down her points, I don’t think you’ve actually considered how the performance of hedge fund managers is measured...

Old 12-02-2017, 08:30 AM

[quote=PedroMartinez;50285495]So, you’re claiming that a 10% tax cut will result in a 250% increase in your cousin’s bonus?

ROFLMAO

Do you have any idea how much 10 percent of what these hedge funds make per year is? Do you have any idea the stupid amount of money these people make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies