Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 06:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Let us read this little nugget of Liberty and our individual privacy as people.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Again I see, "the right of the people" used. It does not say the right of Citizens. It clearly says People.

"Oh, they meant Citizens" No, it says what it means. All people.
The same reason the 2nd Amendment allows non-citizens to keep & bear arms here.

NSA, FISA and all the surveillance our government does, is in direct violation of the 4th Amendment.

We just had a non-citizen combatant, that was kidnapped over seas and brought here for trial, tried in a Criminal Courtroom, because the Constitution said People, not Citizen.

The 4th Amendment clearly says they the government cannot do what they are doing to our privacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 06:41 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Why did the founders not protest Washington having his soldiers shoot British PEOPLE without a trial during the revolutionary war?

I don’t see a war exception in it, do you?

Old 12-02-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why did the founders not protest Washington having his soldiers shoot British PEOPLE without a trial during the revolutionary war?

I don’t see a war exception in it, do you?
the 2nd amendment established that was just.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
the 2nd amendment established that was just.
So, the Second allows cops to kill people with impunity?

Old 12-02-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
So, the Second allows cops to kill people with impunity?
It doesn't allow them to snoop in your privacy, or mine

Old 12-02-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
It doesn't allow them to snoop in your privacy, or mine
So, now you’re saying only the Second and Fourth should apply to all people?

Old 12-02-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
So, now you’re saying only the Second and Fourth should apply to all people?

I didn't say it and you said "only", in your attempt to think for me. It was said and documented by the Constitution long ago and stands today without amendment.
What makes you not a person?

Old 12-02-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I didn't say it and you said "only", in your attempt to think for me. It was said and documented by the Constitution long ago and stands today without amendment.
What makes you not a person?
Let’s step back. Are you saying the Bill Of Rights apply to all PEOPLE and not just citizens?

Old 12-02-2017, 07:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
the semantics of it doesnt matter one bit, if Us citizens will not recognize what is going on and stand together to shut it down, of course a Govt like this is going to try to disguise itself and its actions DUH. They fear loosing their authority and control over the people.

I think alot of people would rather 'go along to get along' just because taking that first step to remove a govt from power would look alot like domestic terrorism on the surface, I could easily see this evil and corrupt govt trying to deceive people into believing its terrorism instead of patriotism, anything to protect their authority and control.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
the semantics of it doesnt matter one bit, if Us citizens will not recognize what is going on and stand together to shut it down, of course a Govt like this is going to try to disguise itself and its actions DUH. They fear loosing their authority and control over the people.

I think alot of people would rather 'go along to get along' just because taking that first step to remove a govt from power would look alot like domestic terrorism on the surface, I could easily see this evil and corrupt govt trying to deceive people into believing its terrorism instead of patriotism, anything to protect their authority and control.
Do you believe the Bill Of Rights apply to all people and not just citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies